Jump to content
Create New...

Toyota News: Toyota Lightly Freshens the C-HR


Drew Dowdell

Recommended Posts

Toyota has released an update to its funky little crossover/hatchback, the C-HR.  The changes are slight and include a (slightly) revised front fascia, new wheels, two new colors, Android Auto and Apple Car play standard, and on the Limited trim, an adaptive front lighting system and 8-way power seats. 

2020_Toyota_CHR_04.jpgThe C-HR already comes with Toyota Safety Sense - P, a suite of safety technologies that include  a multi-feature advanced active safety suite that bundles Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Automatic High Beams, and Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.

The C-HR is powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder producing 144 horsepower at 6,100 rpm and 139 pound-feet of torque at 3,900 rpm. A CVT puts the power to the wheels, though in sport mode it simulates a 7-speed automatic. The C-HR has a EPA-estimated MPG of 27 city / 31 highway / 29 combined. 


View full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow and people thought the Aztek was ugly? That Toy has to be the ugliest thing on 4 wheels besides the Nissan Joke (Juke) Kick whatever it's called now 🤮🤓

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These sell well and are everywhere. Essentially a hatch version of what would be a Corolla. Even goes to show, as a "ute", despite no AWD option, real buyers don't care. FWD, hatch to open and carry slightly more stuff with, interesting looks...drivetrain..."I don't care. It's a Toyota. Thanks."

Good mix. Again, see them everywhere. That's good for Toyota.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2019 at 12:37 PM, caddycruiser said:

These sell well and are everywhere. Essentially a hatch version of what would be a Corolla. Even goes to show, as a "ute", despite no AWD option, real buyers don't care. FWD, hatch to open and carry slightly more stuff with, interesting looks...drivetrain..."I don't care. It's a Toyota. Thanks."

Good mix. Again, see them everywhere. That's good for Toyota.

I don't see a lot of them around my parts.  I see this as Toyota's answer to a Kia Soul... a small CUV with no AWD and a lack of cargo room. 

But the Kia Soul has some interesting powertrains. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I don't see a lot of them around my parts.  I see this as Toyota's answer to a Kia Soul... a small CUV with no AWD and a lack of cargo room. 

But the Kia Soul has some interesting powertrains. 

Kia Soul I love and would rather have any day of the week, but these little unique Toyotas, yeah, no struggle to sell. Eastern half of PA and all over NY & NJ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing on which I'll opine is the more noticeable (and probably functional) front bumper.  I like that. 

Hyundai products sure have gone in the other direction.  I'm talking about their cavernous plastic grilles being more prone to damage in small mishaps.

I'm hoping other auto makers will follow suit and put a real bumper of sorts at the front (and rear) of their cars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

The only thing on which I'll opine is the more noticeable (and probably functional) front bumper.  I like that. 

Hyundai products sure have gone in the other direction.  I'm talking about their cavernous plastic grilles being more prone to damage in small mishaps.

I'm hoping other auto makers will follow suit and put a real bumper of sorts at the front (and rear) of their cars.

Probably not going to happen for Aero and weight reasons. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search