Samsung shows off new Foldable Flip Phone

David

Polk has good stuff...some years ago a buddy of mine in Colorado was really into Dunlavy speakers..they sounded really, really good.   

My sister has a set of 70s vintage Magneplanar speakers w/ a vintage McIntosh receiver she had in her house in AZ, had a great warm sound w/ vinyl records, etc.   All that gear is in storage for now, probably going to set it up in the eventual beach house. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, dfelt said:

I do have a real Home Theater setup as stated, My Receiver is a Yamaha, I do believe Samsung could build an equal receiver but I agree their speakers suck and as such have Velodyne Subwoofers and speakers from https://www.velodyneacoustics.com/ which by the way was purchased in November 2019 by Audio Reference Co. http://www.audioreference.co.nz/

How can you have a kickass subwoofer and receiver with Samsung speakers?!? 

It is a joked that failed...

I aint even GONNA try to explain it. Just flush it down the loo...

Yes. I DO enjoy a good sound system. I, too, have got a Denon receiver. With JBL speakers.  My system is a 20 year old system. 5.1 surround.  

Im looking to upgrade to a 7.1. Possibly to a Yamaha receiver. (Or Denon or Onkyo) with better speakers.  My JBLs are not the top of the line ones... But not now. My system is decent enough. I do need a bigger TV though...OLED or QLED as well...

PS....nice purchase.  DENONS are awesome! 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

How can you have a kickass subwoofer and receiver with Samsung speakers?!? 

I do not have Samsung Speakers, everything I have is Velodyne. Guess ya need help with English reading? :P 

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 12:43 PM, dfelt said:

That is weird as I have had nothing but positive experiences with Samsung phones, TV's, Blue ray players, Speakers. The only thing in my home theater setup that is not Samsung is the receiver as they do not make a 7 channel surround sound system other than their fake virtual surround that I am not a fan of.

It's hard to understand how I wasn't supposed to know you didn't have Samsung speakers from this. 

22 hours ago, dfelt said:

I do have a real Home Theater setup as stated, My Receiver is a Yamaha, I do believe Samsung could build an equal receiver but I agree their speakers suck and as such have Velodyne Subwoofers and speakers from https://www.velodyneacoustics.com/ which by the way was purchased in November 2019 by Audio Reference Co. http://www.audioreference.co.nz/

I read "subwoofers" and skipped right over and clicked the link... 

face palm GIF

But, in my defense, when I clicked the link and searched through their site I only saw subwoofers and no surround speakers. I still cannot find speakers... WHERE IZ THEY?!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It's hard to understand how I wasn't supposed to know you didn't have Samsung speakers from this. 

I read "subwoofers" and skipped right over and clicked the link... 

face palm GIF

But, in my defense, when I clicked the link and searched through their site I only saw subwoofers and no surround speakers. I still cannot find speakers... WHERE IZ THEY?!

DOH, Valid point, should have stated that better.

That is the problem with being bought by another speaker company, they kill off all the relationship speakers. So at the time Velodyne was sold by higher end audio stores here in Washington and Martin Logan Electrostatic speakers is what I bought with them. Velodyne and Martin Logan has a close long term relationship but I now see that it does not show up.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of speakers, any of you audiophiles have experience w/ wireless home theatre speakers?   Next time I set something up I really don't want to futz with running wires through walls for surround sound..

32 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Speaking of speakers, any of you audiophiles have experience w/ wireless home theatre speakers?   Next time I set something up I really don't want to futz with running wires through walls for surround sound..

Yes, my son when he bought his Samsung Qled 75" Q8 TV he also bought from Costco at the time the Bose Lifestyle speaker system. They install very easy and other than power, the wireless system works well so your able to put the bass anywhere. For his place, more than loud enough.

Update, was wondering who else has come out with wireless speakers and I see lots of options now. Worth it to consider just having power where the speakers are and wireless connections for clean easy use. Will look into this more when I upgrade my home theater system.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/best-wireless-speakers/

• 2 weeks later...