Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

youtube channels

loki

I have a few that I enjoy watching frequently..  for wrenching on money pits:

The Kansas guys---they often appear in each other's videos:

Hoovie's Garage (maybe my favorite for Tyler Hoover's goofy persona and banter w/ the Car Wizard) 

Car Wizard

Watch JR Go  

Velocity Garage   

The Florida guys:

Tavarish (good personality, and so optimistic about his wrecked exotics)

Wrench Every Day (spin off of Tavarish's channel w/ Jared Pink wrenching)

Samcrac (never finishes anything, but always adding high mileage, worn luxury and sports cars from Copart auctions)

VTuned Garage (a kid that seems good at fabrication)

vehcor is an interesting outliner..very dry presentation, guy doing extensive repairs on ordinary late model vehicles like a body swap on a wrecked Silverado..weirdly compelling.

For car reviews, I like The Smoking Tire, Savage Geese and Seen Through Glass..

Others I enjoy are Drive Tribe (related to the Grand Tour) and Vinwiki Car Stories (lots of interesting stories). 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

Jay Leno's garage (big fan too)

savagegeese

DriveTribe

Engineered Explained

The Smoking Tire

Motor Trend used have excellent videos but now they want you to pay for the good stuff, so no...

CarandDriver posts some good videos of their reviews as well 

Edited by ykX
  • Agree 2

• 1 year later...

Id like to add to my list:

Throttle House 

Like Savage Geese or anybody else on youtube trying to make a living on testing cars and giving the viewers their opinion on, I find these guys very funny and honest about their revealings.  

Hagerty with Jason Cammisa or anything else Jason does.  I wasnt a big fan of his, nor I am currently a big fan either, but he is entertaining and actually does know a thing or two about cars and I find his anecdotes and his over all car experiences enjoyable to listen to.  His Ryan Reynolds-esque  way of communicating is great but sometimes too much for me handle. But that is his charisma as to why I find myself clicking on his videos... 

I want to rant about a youtube channel though.

Savage Geese

I have listened to these guys often enough and although I dont find them offensive in any way, they are not my go-to car youtubers.  

But I found it very insulting of them with their Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing video.  Enough for me to write them off completely.

An innocent statement made by them pissed me the phoque off!!!!

They say this statement at least twice in their video and have also wrote it down in their description of the video.

1. Who says high horsepower, RWD cars like muscle cars are dinosaurs?  Is this a thing?  Folk now think that high horsepower, RWD cars, especially muscle cars are dinosaurs?   Since when are high horsepower, RWD cars and muscle cars are a thing of the past?

2. Since when do performance machines need AWD to perform?  Since when is AWD considered modern?  

2. Did these clowns coin that? To get clicks?   Do these clowns really believe that AWD is a necessity for performance?

PHOQUE THEM!!!!     I wont even post the video so I dont promote them openly...   PHOQUE THEM TWICE!!!

savagegeese

536K subscribers

We review and dissect all of the extreme details of the 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing with the help of GM Engineers. The marks the last use of the V8 Engine in a Cadillac car. While on paper this looks like an old-school muscle car dinosaur like the Holden Chevy SS, it has so much technology. We discuss the engineering and take it on track and show how this is more than a grown-up Camaro. Others to consider are BMW M5, AMG C63, Lexus LC500, Porsche 911 and, Audi RS6.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:03 AM, Robert Hall said:

I have a few that I enjoy watching frequently..  for wrenching on money pits:

The Kansas guys---they often appear in each other's videos:

Hoovie's Garage (maybe my favorite for Tyler Hoover's goofy persona and banter w/ the Car Wizard) 

Car Wizard

Watch JR Go  

Velocity Garage   

The Florida guys:

Tavarish (good personality, and so optimistic about his wrecked exotics)

Wrench Every Day (spin off of Tavarish's channel w/ Jared Pink wrenching)

Samcrac (never finishes anything, but always adding high mileage, worn luxury and sports cars from Copart auctions)

VTuned Garage (a kid that seems good at fabrication)

vehcor is an interesting outliner..very dry presentation, guy doing extensive repairs on ordinary late model vehicles like a body swap on a wrecked Silverado..weirdly compelling.

For car reviews, I like The Smoking Tire, Savage Geese and Seen Through Glass..

Others I enjoy are Drive Tribe (related to the Grand Tour) and Vinwiki Car Stories (lots of interesting stories). 

Update from last year..still watching most above from 18 months ago, also watching more of the Wichita Mafia channels—-

Car Ninja

100 % Jake 

Elliott Alvis

out of Chicago, Legit Street Cars.

I’ve enjoyed the 6 series of episodes of Car Trek—Ed Bolian of VINwiki (best voice on You Tube), Tyler Hoover (Hoovie’s Garage) and Freddy ‘Tavarish’ Hernandez.  Kind of a Top Gear/Grand Tour ripoff, better than the US Top Gear.

Another one I watch occasionally is Life of Lind—guy on the Colorado prairie fixing up old RVs, buses and old trucks.