Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The Indictment of G Richard Wagoner

Guest buickman

As for Jim, your plan won't work everwhere and most parts should not be directed at GM management but instead should be directed at regional dealer bodies because they are dealer centric (as is your level of experience).  You do not bear enough corprate or engineering or design experience to field a job such as CEO or COB of GM.  Also it would take you at least 12-24 months to understand exactly all of the realms of power than you have to manage over, design and cost decisions, or to understand the complex approval structure, which it took Bob Freakin' Lutz 18 months to understand (who by the way has worked at GM prior to this as well as Chrysler, BMW, and I believe Ford.)  If it takes someone who has more experience than 80% of Auto company executives and corprate personel that long to undestand just the approval process then how long would it take someone with NO corprate experience to understand all the aspects of CEO?

91Z4Me--- you pretty much summed up most issues in one paragraph! Kudos to you!

Jim -- how many people within the auto industry (not dealers) have to tell you that the plan (with exception of say two or three items) are not doable and WILL cost a substantial amount of money.

Go re-read "91's" paragraph a few times and learn.

I agree with "91" and have told you on several occasions that your efforts would be much better directed at the retail level. Have you ever approached NADA about some of your ideas?

The point is this: In my humble opinion, you at one time had some ideas -- and that's good. But it's painfully obvious that very few are listening to you (people within the manufacturing industry) -- and you've become a cariacuture of sorts.

Further -- you lost ANY credibilitywith me when you started the juvenile 'songs and ditties".............

Oh -- and Satty? You forgot one: He kidnapped the Lindberg baby..........

Edited by fbodfather

Guest buickman

Don't forget, he's also beholden to the bankers who control the company through interlocking directorates. They are hellbent on a mission of greed with the goal of moving offshore and controlling ownership of the distribution.

How much do the shareholders get from the sale of GMAC?

Where is the promised $3 Billion investment in Buick?

Was Olds that poorly managed, or driven out intentionally?

Why were Billions wasted on Fiat and how did Merrill Lynch end up with all that stock? (32 million shares)

Why does the SEC filing mention the possibility of John Devine working for a dealer group?

Who is held accountable for the loss of $50 Billion in shareholder value and 20 points of market share?

How much did we pay in investment banking fees the past 5 years?

Why create a VEBA when we could simply pay the bills when due? Why the administration expense? Why pay the UAW to administer, and have the amount be greater than the sum of the dues they collect annually?

Why do we not rotate the audit company? Deloitte was there when McNamara burned us for $400 Million on vans that didn't exist. They also were the auditors for Parmalat, the European conglomerate that imploded with a $5 Billion Cayman Island cash account that didn't exist? Aren't they at least partly responsible for the current SEC/FBI investigation into our accounting?

Why is a bonus stock plan for Wagoner announced 2 days after the Annual Meeting?

Why was there a claim of a price reduction when in actuality all it represented was a reduction in dealer margin?

Why were our payables just recently moved from 30 days to 55?

Why does Wagoner have a bankruptcy proof pension if there is no plan for a filing?

Appearing on Johnny Carson, Alfred Hitchcock was asked if there is a perfect crime. He responded, yes it's committed everyday, no one knows about it.

Ask yourself WHY??? There must be a reason!

Buickman

Edited by buickman

Here's a thought -- why don't you go after ALL CEOs of most legacy companies?

Half of what you're claiming is wrong or distorted.

How many other websites are putting up with you.

(to the rest of you out there -- my apologies -- I should sit and ignore this, but I'm really fed up with someone whose sole purpose in life these days is to hound one person............

...................isn't this called 'stalking?')

I believe he also killed Jimmy Hoffa and burried him under the high-banked turn on the straight-away at Milford.

actually, he killed him and buried him in my office under the mountain of papers and such that are stacked up...................................

I'm really fed up with someone whose sole purpose in life these days is to hound one person............

...................isn't this called 'stalking?')

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, and welcome to my "new found world" here on C&G. Edited by Josh

I think the clock is ticking on this thread. If it doesn't offer some value in a hurry it'll be time for the old padlock.

No, don't! This along with 'Annual Meeting, Return to Greatness' are the most hilarious threads ever!

While this thread has degraded into one-liner critiques of Buickman, there are some valuable questions asked here. In some ways, GM epitomizes the big company culture that permeates the US - both good companies and bad - which lavishes wealth on their senior team whether they perform or not. This behavior I hope will end some day.

Don't forget, he's also beholden to the bankers who control the company through interlocking directorates. They are hellbent on a mission of greed with the goal of moving offshore and controlling ownership of the distribution.

How much do the shareholders get from the sale of GMAC?

Where is the promised $3 Billion investment in Buick?

Was Olds that poorly managed, or driven out intentionally?

Why were Billions wasted on Fiat and how did Merrill Lynch end up with all that stock? (32 million shares)

Why does the SEC filing mention the possibility of John Devine working for a dealer group?

Who is held accountable for the loss of $50 Billion in shareholder value and 20 points of market share?

How much did we pay in investment banking fees the past 5 years?

Why create a VEBA when we could simply pay the bills when due? Why the administration expense? Why pay the UAW to administer, and have the amount be greater than the sum of the dues they collect annually?

Why do we not rotate the audit company? Deloitte was there when McNamara burned us for $400 Million on vans that didn't exist. They also were the auditors for Parmalat, the European conglomerate that imploded with a $5 Billion Cayman Island cash account that didn't exist? Aren't they at least partly responsible for the current SEC/FBI investigation into our accounting?

Why is a bonus stock plan for Wagoner announced 2 days after the Annual Meeting?

Why was there a claim of a price reduction when in actuality all it represented was a reduction in dealer margin?

Why were our payables just recently moved from 30 days to 55?

Why does Wagoner have a bankruptcy proof pension if there is no plan for a filing?

Appearing on Johnny Carson, Alfred Hitchcock was asked if there is a perfect crime. He responded, yes it's committed everyday, no one knows about it.

Ask yourself WHY??? There must be a reason!

Buickman

to evok, fbod and 91, thanks for the rational thought. unfortunately, the only successful method of dealing with BM and mini-BM is to ignore them. every comment/post made just feeds their ego. if you don't reply, they eventually get bored and leave (or make up some false story, post it on the front page, call every reliable source a buffoon, then throw a hissy fit and act like a child and finally complain when everyone says they are acting like a child).

to BM, let us know if you ever want to participate in a thoughtful and rational discussion, cause the countless times you've come back you're thrown daggers at RW and refused to address any comments by people with more experience in the auto industry than yourself.

until you are prepared to participate with some manners, and 'discuss' the issues please do not come back.