Genesis News: Genesis believes the people still want FUN in a Car, welcome the X Concept Trilogy

David

10 hours ago, smk4565 said:

And probably because Mercedes does the best luxury car, best off roader, and hypercar, they hit all the pillars.

Instant contradiction. So your reasoning for this worldwide sales "dominance" is because of three vehicles that are extremely "low volume" and sell less in one year than their VOLUME C-Class sells in one month? Sorry, but that's not how it works at all and you know that.

Man, your fanboy logic knows no bounds but the contradiction is right there for all to see. 

BTW, all three examples are BEYOND simple fanboy opinion. Two of the three (and possibly all three) are definitely NOT the best. 

The G Wagen doesn't even crack the top 3 here.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/best-cars/top-10-best-4x4s-off-road-cars

or here...

https://www.truecar.com/best-cars-trucks/suvs/off-road/

or here...

https://www.hotcars.com/best-and-most-overrated-off-roaders/

Again, your fanboy opinion is just that...opinion and not even one supported by reasonable data. 

• Agree 1

I'm not going to try and say the G Wagen is the best off-roader, because Broncos, Wranglers, Raptors, and TRXs exist. But there's no doubting a vehicle with solid axles(Prior to the current gen, now just a solid rear axle), transfer case, and three locking diffs isn't one of the best off roaders. All it REALLY needs from the factory is some off-road tires with some sidewall.

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

What a joke of a list. They site the Palisade as #1 and Seltos as #2 and a Travers as #5. Wrangler is #7 on a best off roaders list behind mostly AWD CUVs. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'm not going to try and say the G Wagen is the best off-roader, because Broncos, Wranglers, Raptors, and TRXs exist. But there's no doubting a vehicle with solid axles(Prior to the current gen, now just a solid rear axle), transfer case, and three locking diffs isn't one of the best off roaders. All it REALLY needs from the factory is some off-road tires with some sidewall.

What a joke of a list. They site the Palisade as #1 and Seltos as #2 and a Travers as #5. Wrangler is #7 on a best off roaders list behind mostly AWD CUVs. 

What to miss the point made to SMK by a country mile. Yes, the third one is a bit silly but it was one of three that showed that various publications (and there were more) don't feel the G-Wagen is the best off roader as SMK states. Your cherry picking of this does not change that fact.

Since you wanted to troll it though, here is another article detailing their top list and the Benz doesn't even crack their top five. 

https://www.iseecars.com/articles/best-suvs-for-off-roading

Edited by surreal1272

1 minute ago, surreal1272 said:

What to miss the point made to SMK by a country mile. Yes, the third one is a bit silly but it was one of three that showed that various publications (and there were more) don't feel the G-Wagen is the best off roader as SMK states. Your cherry picking of this does not change that fact.

Maybe you also missed where I agreed with you and said it wasn't the best. 

I was just saying the list/source was shet. You're better than siting a source of off-roaders where #1 & #2 are AWD CUVs. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Maybe you also missed where I agreed with you and said it wasn't the best. 

Again, not the point. Maybe you missed that.

And you don't get to play internet posting police after your many accusations towards me about it, end of story. 

Edited by surreal1272

6 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Again, not the point. Maybe you missed that.

Your point wasn't that the G Wagen wasn't the best? Then WTF was your point? 

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

And you don't get to play internet posting police after your many accusations towards me about it, end of story.

Okay. Please continue telling me what to do here while siting trash-@ss sources. 

Not going to get into the he said, he said debate.

The only thing is that I agree with @surreal1272 that be it respectable sites that cover true hardcore offroad 4x4 or silly sites that cover AWD CUVs with 4x4s and still also list that the G-Wagon is not the best. There is a consistent thread here that pretty much all the sites no matter being hardcore, general or silly list siting mixes of autos do not see the G-Wagon as a benchmark for 4x4s.

Clearly when you see the number of Jeeps, Fords, GMs, Toyota and Hyundai to name a few all the time off-roading and yet finding a G-Wagon slumming with the wranglers, broncos, trailblazers, etc. that speaks volumes. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

What the fanboy doesn’t understand is that he, once again, is trying to upsell Benz by touting their worldwide sales while ignoring why. It’s because they have to sell in volume whereas Cadillac does not (it has been explained a thousand times why this is so I’m not going to dredge it up here again). That doesn’t mean they are superior much less the “best or nothing”. Keep wanting to charge folks monthly to unlock features they should only have to pay for once, and they won’t even have the volume to lean back on. 

But as I pointed out they make segment leaders.  Cadillac and Genesis don’t make a sports car, don’t make a convertible and don’t make an off roader.

Cadillac and Genesis aren’t low global volume because they are only building high end cars like Porsche, they are building small to midsize sedans and crossovers.  Both those brands would like more volume, but they don’t have the distribution network or brand image to really make that happen.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

The G63 4x4 Squared (that i posted a picture of) is the most capable off roader.  It’s the only production vehicle with portal axles.  From the factory, it’s the best off roader, also the most luxurious.  

And sure you can get a Bronco Raptor then buy a lift kit and portal axel conversion kit and snorkel and a crap ton of aftermarket parts and build it up for less than half what a G63 4x4 costs, but I was talking factory vehicle.

• Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The G63 4x4 Squared (that i posted a picture of) is the most capable off roader.  It’s the only production vehicle with portal axles.  From the factory, it’s the best off roader, also the most luxurious.  

And sure you can get a Bronco Raptor then buy a lift kit and portal axel conversion kit and snorkel and a crap ton of aftermarket parts and build it up for less than half what a G63 4x4 costs, but I was talking factory vehicle.

Again, you one fanboy opinion versus the well researched opinions of folks who have actually driven and tested them. Gee, whom do I choose to believe here?

26 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

But as I pointed out they make segment leaders.  Cadillac and Genesis don’t make a sports car, don’t make a convertible and don’t make an off roader.

So, just move the bar (yet again) when you get called out on the facts?

Got it.

This is what you said,

"And probably because Mercedes does the best luxury car, best off roader, and hypercar, they hit all the pillars.

Notice no mention of "sports cars" or "convertibles" or any mention of "X" brand not having them (which is wrong BTW since, again, Benz competes with GM as a whole and not just Benz and has the other two covered with the Vette and Hummer EV). Either stick to your original statement and admit you may be wrong or saying noting at all (perhaps) but stop moving the bar to try and convince everyone (yet again) that Mercedes is so superior when they are clearly not.

Oh Gee, those guys tested and compared a Palisade and Seltos off-road to a Wrangler and Bronco and came to the conclusion that the Seltos and Palisade are better? 

In all seriousness, I forgot about the 4X4(squared). I also have never read/seen a comparison with that and the Bronco/Wrangler. It certainly has all of the necessary hardware to be the best OEM off-roader. 

22 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh Gee, those guys tested and compared a Palisade and Seltos off-road to a Wrangler and Bronco and came to the conclusion that the Seltos and Palisade are better? 

"I'm not trying to be an asshole but..."

By all means, make your childish joke while ignoring the OVERALL (and proven) message.

Edited by surreal1272

Of course, the bigger message here is about Genesis and not Mercedes fanboys and trolling by the usual suspects. I don't like all the designs here but, overall, I like the aggressive approach to the market shown by them. I do dig the coupe. The profile reminds my of the 1990s BMW M1 (about the only BMW I have liked over the years).

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

By all means, make your childish joke while ignoring the OVERALL (and proven) message.

You mean the one I agreed with? See below. 

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I'm not going to try and say the G Wagen is the best off-roader, because Broncos, Wranglers, Raptors, and TRXs exist.

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

In all seriousness, I forgot about the 4X4(squared). I also have never read/seen a comparison with that and the Bronco/Wrangler. It certainly has all of the necessary hardware to be the best OEM off-roader. 

The 4x4 squared is also $359,000 so not much points comparing it to a Wrangler.  Would be like a sports car comparison of a Ferrari and a Mustang.  

Genesis operates only in high volume segments with the exception of the G90 which really exists for South Korean government officials and business people that don’t want to use a European car.  

But despite operating in volume segments, Genesis has low volume.  I don’t see how they make a business case for building a coupe or convertible that are by nature low volume. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

The 4x4 squared is also $359,000 so not much points comparing it to a Wrangler.

Umm, the other three articles highlighted only the stock G-Wagen. The one Cherry Picker brought up was the outlier. The bigger point in all the article is that the G-Wagen was not considered the best off-roader. 

Thanks for playing. 

5 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Genesis operates only in high volume segments with the exception of the G90 which really exists for South Korean government officials and business people that don’t want to use a European car.  

But despite operating in volume segments, Genesis has low volume.  I don’t see how they make a business case for building a coupe or convertible that are by nature low volume. 

Yet Mercedes also competes in the same segement as the cars and CUVs that Cadillac, Lincoln, Genesis, Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, etc. play in. Auto reviewers consistently praise everyone more than Mercedes.

Seems the Luster has worn off the Best or Nothing.

In regard to GENESIS as this thread was all about, Mercedes has NOTHING in Concepts to compete with this X Concept Trilogy.

END OF LINE!

tron legacy explosion GIF by LEGO

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, David said:

Yet Mercedes also competes in the same segement as the cars and CUVs that Cadillac, Lincoln, Genesis, Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, etc. play in. Auto reviewers consistently praise everyone more than Mercedes.

Seems the Luster has worn off the Best or Nothing.

In regard to GENESIS as this thread was all about, Mercedes has NOTHING in Concepts to compete with this X Concept Trilogy.

END OF LINE!

tron legacy explosion GIF by LEGO

Mercedes makes 3 coupes and 3 convertibles right now although the C and E coupe/Convertibles are merging into the CLE.  The Genesis convertible will likely never see production as they look at Lexus LC sales and must think anything they make will sell half what a Lexus does.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

Mercedes makes 3 coupes and 3 convertibles right now although the C and E coupe/Convertibles are merging into the CLE.  The Genesis convertible will likely never see production as they look at Lexus LC sales and must think anything they make will sell half what a Lexus does.

Totally missing the point, but since you are moving the goal post and now went to sales to justify yourself, let's look at those sales.

2021 (Full Year) USA: Mercedes-Benz Car Sales by Model - Car Sales Statistics (best-selling-cars.com)

image.png

Considering the negatives, I would not be so fast to say that coupe/convertible sales are on fire at Mercedes. Seems the Best or Nothing might as well be NOTHING with these sales numbers. 

Maybe GENESIS has a better looking, better designed Coupe/Convertible. It is Far superior looking than the EQ product line as Blahness. 

In this regards, Genesis wins.

3 hours ago, smk4565 said:

And treating all things equal, there is no business case these days for 3 coupes and 3 convertibles and sales data backs this up. 

(Knocks goalpost down and heads off for some good eatin’)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Totally missing the point, but since you are moving the goal post and now went to sales to justify yourself, let's look at those sales.

2021 (Full Year) USA: Mercedes-Benz Car Sales by Model - Car Sales Statistics (best-selling-cars.com)

image.png

Considering the negatives, I would not be so fast to say that coupe/convertible sales are on fire at Mercedes. Seems the Best or Nothing might as well be NOTHING with these sales numbers. 

Maybe GENESIS has a better looking, better designed Coupe/Convertible. It is Far superior looking than the EQ product line as Blahness. 

In this regards, Genesis wins.

Genesis has never sold 1 coupe or convertible.  (unless you count that Hyundai Genesis coupe sports car that was killed off since that didn't sell so well).  Genesis in 2022 is being outsold by Lincoln and JLR.  Not sure how Genesis is winning.  

I think the concepts look pretty good except for the grille area, and I think they should put them into production, but I doubt they do because they won't get enough volume to make money on it if they are like $75,000.  The Mercedes SL outsold the GV60 in 2022 Q3, 841 to 806.  If a small crossover at the lower end of the brands pricing is doing that low of a volume, imagine what a convertible higher up in price would do, it'd be like 50-100 cars a quarter.  

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Genesis has never sold 1 coupe or convertible.  (unless you count that Hyundai Genesis coupe sports car that was killed off since that didn't sell so well).  Genesis in 2022 is being outsold by Lincoln and JLR.  Not sure how Genesis is winning.  

I think the concepts look pretty good except for the grille area, and I think they should put them into production, but I doubt they do because they won't get enough volume to make money on it if they are like $75,000.  The Mercedes SL outsold the GV60 in 2022 Q3, 841 to 806.  If a small crossover at the lower end of the brands pricing is doing that low of a volume, imagine what a convertible higher up in price would do, it'd be like 50-100 cars a quarter.  

Genesis wins as they have actual working Prototype EV Concepts. Where is Mercedes?