Saw a Sky on the road today

I was heading to a mall in this morning and saw a dark blue Sky driving around. It looks damn sexy in person. Solstice is getting all the press but I think the Sky will end up outselling it. If GM doesn't cap the Sky's production below that of the Solstice that is.

Edited by 4gm

Yeah. I've been seeing a lot more Skys on the road than Solstices... I saw one from the rear a few week ago and my first thought was a $100k+ euro exotic... then after focusing on it, I realized what it was. A few of my (import loving, domestic hating) buddies were supprised when I told them that it's a Saturn..

I was suprised to see only two (2) SKYs at the All-GM Nationals in Carlisle (PA) yesterday. Mine was safely at home tucked away in the dry garage! There was a Midnight Blue metallic one on display from the local Saturn dealer and I saw a Silver Pearl being driven around in the "stuff for sale" section. On the flip side, I only saw one (1) Solstice, which was for sale in the car corral section (asking $28.9k).

I still haven't seen any SKYs on the road around me. I get many looks when I take it out, and if I'm stopped somewhere people swarm all over it! My dealer has taken about 19 orders for it already and I think he said about 7 (including mine) have been delivered as of the 17th.

Oh yeah, GM is capping the SKY at 10,000 units while the Solstice will get about 20,000 (figure too that the SKY will be badged as the Opel GT - so maybe that's where the other 10K are going).

The two guys who live in the penthouse in the building where I live have a silver Sky convertible. And when the man from the AAA came to jump :o my car, he asked what that was. I told him a Saturn Sky, and he said it looks like a Corvette and that he'd have to go by the Saturn dealership to see one.

Lady in my neighborhood had a silver SKy but when I drive by where she works I see a dark blue one now. I wonder if she traded it for a different color? It does look better in the darker blue though.

I have seen many Solstice on the road and they look so sexy also.

Edited by rueben44

• 1 month later...