Ideas for sketch competitions

I thought of an idea for a future sketch competition, and figured it'd be more useful to have an overall thread for people to share ideas than to just share mine.

I think there could be a number of competitions based on the GM fuel cell "skateboard" concept. For example,

"Show us your ideas for a full size sedan based on the skateboard chassis, keeping in mind the extra freedom of no engine compartment, but the need for crashworthiness..."

More could be done for other vehicle classes, as well. Probably do them spread out so it doesn't get too dull.

So, what are your ideas for future sketch competitions? :lol:

There are quite a few ideas in and around my head and the heads of others, some of which you won't expect. But, of course, we'd love to hear your suggestions and run competitions based on them if we can.

Ditto for 'Chop.

Personally..I would like to see designs for an ENTIRE new car company....

drawings with a complete line up of models, depnding upon your new "brand" and its market direction, as appropo, I have seen several of you do this on your own already and the results were spectacular !!! :ohyeah:

Ths may thake time to do it, and would require a "sketch time period" to discuss each others concepts and refine them a bit, which would be established prior to the rendering time period for submitting the final enrties, but I think it could be well worth the effort here to do this ??? ..and you would only need one set of cars grouped together as a single entry.

:5thgen::1999-pontiac-30th::iroc-dragster: :bluecutlass:

Guest YellowJacket894

YJ we could combine our two requests.  make the new wagon also a replacement for the B-body.

165522[/snapback]

Sure. We could actually do a full line (which would be just a sedan, wagon, and police variants of both). For this one, we abolish the "two view rule" so the workload is easier.

Something like that. :scratchchin:

Guest YellowJacket894

For something non-GM (if we ever decided to do it):

Select one ATV company and one product from that company and transform it into a car carring the company name. (This would exclude Honda and Suzuki.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

um... i have an awesome idea for the sketch competitions...

getting the voting thread on the BRX up!! :P

on a more serious note... i think itd be sweet to have people design a car around a random non-automotive related object of their choosing... such as a clock... or a lamp... a picture of the object should be provided along with the sketch... and a creative name should be thought up (a car designed after a lamp shouldnt be called "Lampcar" a more creative name such as "Luminescence" would be preffered)