FIRST LOOK: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport

Flybrian

The foglight placement is terrible.

Needs smoked head- and taillights, at least.

:withstupid: I agree with both of you..mainly the fog light placement.. I think in the lower grill similar to the TB SS would be much better. Projectors headlights/LED tails would be an additional plus. Also if I were to own one, I'd drop it an inch or two.

Any shots on the rear? From what I can tell on the side shot the exhaust tips look rectangular rather than circles :thumbsup:, here's hoping it at least has duel outlet.

Looks like they have followed the Chrysler minivan concept and dropped the voltmeter and oil pressure gauges from

the instrumentation.

Shades of the old "idiot" lights. Before they send a warning signal, the problem has gotten out of hand, and you can kiss some

component good-bye!

Gauges, even inaccurate ones give a snapshot of a condition that is occurring. If the driver is paying attention, serious problems

can be averted. But not with this scenerio!!!!

Re: the foglight placement---- GM's track record of good optical design for their lighting systems is very poor.

I'd have to see what the beam pattern actually was before I could judge, but with the past performance as a benchmark....

GM needs to look for some new optical engineers to do the design development on their lights!

Edited by rkmdogs

As far as I know the Equinox never had a voltmeter or an oil pressure guage. Neither mine or my parents has either of these guages and mine is an LS and theirs an LT.

I like having the oil pressure gauge and battery life gauge in my Shadow...I miss those in the Intrepid. The battery gauge would have been useful since the battery did actually die on me....oh well, at least it died at home.

I'm with CSpec...it didn't age well...I still don't like thatf ront end.

Edited by Dodgefan

• 4 months later...

I'll take the present version anyday over what's coming from GMDAT/Holden.

+1. I like the Equinox better than the Vue. I somehow am beginning to hate the Euro-Korean looks. Vue looks good, but I like the sombre tone of the Equinox. Although I do like the G8. It is better looking.

I'll take the present version anyday over what's coming from GMDAT/Holden.

I'd rather have the Vue RL's good, clean exterior looks and excellent interior than the Equinox or Torrent. Build quality on these things suck, and the materials aren't much better (although the Sport at least gets a silver stereo unit to actually match the center stack).

I like the Torrent/Equinox so much better than the new Vue it isn't even funny. It has gone to "cute ute" that will sell well with ladies tho, and hopefully steal Rav-4/CR-V sales tho. I don't like the Korean funky Kia look it has. I will take a Torrent GXP as my next vehicle (my wife wants a CUV) so that is what I am betting it will be. The Enclave is just way to pricey and my wife has a problem driving a Buick, said it was an old persons car. (HAHA) :rotflmao: :thumbsdown:

I like the Torrent/Equinox so much better than the new Vue it isn't even funny. It has gone to "cute ute" that will sell well with ladies tho, and hopefully steal Rav-4/CR-V sales tho. I don't like the Korean funky Kia look it has. I will take a Torrent GXP as my next vehicle (my wife wants a CUV) so that is what I am betting it will be. The Enclave is just way to pricey and my wife has a problem driving a Buick, said it was an old persons car. (HAHA) :rotflmao: :thumbsdown:

Outlook/Acadia?

My wife doesn't like the look of the Acadia nor do I, although they are a great vehicle I just don't like the looks of them. As for the Outlook I am not opposed to it what-so ever but my nearest Saturn dealer is 80+ miles away.

Edited by gm4life

My wife doesn't like the look of the Acadia nor do I, although they are a great vehicle I just don't like the looks of them. As for the Outlook I am not opposed to it what-so ever but my nearest Saturn dealer is 80+ miles away.

Don't they have that program where they'll bring the car to you to take for a spin?

Do they really? I don't know if they do. Also when I have warrenty work done I like to take it to the dealer where I got it. That would create a travel issue. Aside of the Enclave is the only one intresting me, and the Chevy is too far off. Plus they will be very large and I would no longer be able to get 3 cars in a 2 & 1/2 car garage. Thats why a Torrent is emerging as a better option when I am ready to buy with-in a year or so. (maybe 6 months)

• 3 months later...

I saw a black Sport last week at the local dealer. I know this may cost me an eye, but I did not get pics. They do look great. The wheels fill the wells nicely and I like the integration of the front air scoops in the bumper. The interior looked great in black leather, but I must admit to some sticker shock with a $31K Equinox.