Jump to content
  • Drew Dowdell
    Drew Dowdell

    Acura Unveils Type S Concept

      First of two Type S variants coming...

    Acura has unveiled their Type S concept ahead of the Monterey Car Week kicking off in two days. This concept strongly previews the upcoming TLX and a Type S performance version. This time, Acura is promising greater acceleration to go with the Type S and not just better braking and handling.

    The dash to axle ratio tells us that this concept is still front-wheel drive, as to be expected. But, adding to that better handling is almost certainly a version of Acura's SH-AWD. The short rear deck is there as is with most new sedan designs these days. The check-mark like tail lamps are a departure from the current Acura design theme while the headlight array is consistent with the current TLX. 

    While this concept looks pretty close to production, we'll probably see a more production ready version of the TLX in the coming months, perhaps at the LA Auto Show. 

    SHAD19_002_crop.jpg

    SHAD19_003_crop.jpg

    SHAD19_001_crop.jpg

    SHAD19_005_crop.jpg

    SHAD19_004_crop_2.jpg

    Source: Acura Media



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    I wonder if it is still on the Accord platform or whether they are using the new platform that underpins the RDX.

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, frogger said:

    I wonder if it is still on the Accord platform or whether they are using the new platform that underpins the RDX.

     

     

    As it's a concept I can't tell you either way, but apparently all Acuras are moving to that platform eventually.  It depends on if the next TLX is just a heavy refresh of the current car or if it really is all-new on the new platform.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I love how automakers solution to people moving from sedans to SUVs is to make sedans with sweeping roof lines and small trunks so you get less cargo space and less headroom, thus motivating people even more to look at an SUV rather than a sedan.

    This will be another turbo 4, front drive sedan, boring.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    26 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    I love how automakers solution to people moving from sedans to SUVs is to make sedans with sweeping roof lines and small trunks so you get less cargo space and less headroom, thus motivating people even more to look at an SUV rather than a sedan.

    This will be another turbo 4, front drive sedan, boring.

    Has way more style than the current Yawn of style at MB.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, regfootball said:

    EXCITEMENT!!!

    All they need is ribbed plastic cladding.

    If feels to me like they got the concept / production version backwards.  This looks like a concept version of the current TLX. 

    2019_acura_tlx_actf34_td_428181_1600.jpg

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I like it, I think looks great.  I hope they put some real performance into it.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    All they need is ribbed plastic cladding.

    If feels to me like they got the concept / production version backwards.  This looks like a concept version of the current TLX. 

    2019_acura_tlx_actf34_td_428181_1600.jpg

    Is the current TLX on the current Accord platform?

    i would guess new TLX be on current accord platform. If so, the current accord platform is the right size. Lots of room. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, regfootball said:

    Is the current TLX on the current Accord platform?

    i would guess new TLX be on current accord platform. If so, the current accord platform is the right size. Lots of room. 

    Current TLX has been around since 2014, so it's probably based on the 9th generation Accord platform that was around 5 years ago.. 

    Edited by Robert Hall

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...