A few months before the Buick Cascada hits dealers, the brand has announced pricing for their upcoming convertible.
The base Cascada will come with a pricetag of $33,990 (includes destination) and feature a turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder with 200 horsepower and 206 pound-feet of torque (221 pound-feet with overboost), and comes with a six-speed automatic only. Standard equipment includes twenty-inch wheels, rear park assist, backup camera, seven-inch touchscreen with Buick IntelliLink, a seven-speaker sound system, remote start, and heated leather seats and steering wheel.
A Cascada Premium comes in at $36,990 and adds forward collision alert, lane departure warning, rain sensing wipers, and air deflectors.
“Cascada expands Buick’s lineup with a uniquely fun and personal driving experience. With a lower price than key competitors, it also promises to shake up the segment – and look good doing it,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Buick.
Press Release is on Page 2
Buick Cascada Priced at $33,990
- Well-equipped convertible offers high levels of standard content, technology
DETROIT – The top-down driving experience of the 2016 Cascada – Buick’s first convertible offered in the United States in 25 years – is priced at $33,990.
When it goes on sale early next year, the Cascada will offer more standard content, a more powerful standard engine and a lower starting price than the Audi A3 Cabriolet.
“Cascada expands Buick’s lineup with a uniquely fun and personal driving experience,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Buick. “With a lower price than key competitors, it also promises to shake up the segment – and look good doing it.”
The 2016 Cascada – designed from the ground up as a convertible – comes well-equipped in a 2+2 configuration, with room for four adults. Performance is rooted in a 200-horsepower (149 kW) turbo engine, backed by a six-speed automatic transmission, with Buick’s sophisticated HiPer Strut front suspension and a Watts Z-link rear suspension standard.
Additional standard features:
- Acoustically and thermally insulated electro-hydraulic power roof that lowers in only 17 seconds at speeds up to 31 mph
- High-intensity discharge, articulating headlamps and front LED daytime running lamps; and LED taillamps
- Automated, spring-loaded and pyrotechnically activated rollover bars behind the rear seat that are linked to the air bag system
- IntelliLink system with 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen
- Navigation radio and seven-speaker premium audio system
- Rear Vision camera
- Remote start
- Dual-zone climate control
- Front and rear 12-volt power outlets
- Heat-reflective leather-appointed seating
- Heated front seats with eight-way power adjustments
- Heated, leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel
- Twenty-inch aluminum wheels with bi-color finish
- Electric power steering
- Rear Park Assist
A Cascada Premium model, priced at $36,990, adds:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Automatic headlamp control with tunnel detection
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Rainsense automatic windshield wipers
- Twenty-inch wheels with “diamond graphic” bi-color finish
- Front and rear air deflectors.
The Cascada also offers plenty of storage space, including 13.4 cubic feet of cargo room with the top up and 9.8 cubic feet with the top down, as well as a 22.4-inch x 12.6-inch (320 mm x 570 mm) pass-through from the trunk to the passenger compartment. When the 50/50-split rear seat is folded, longer items such as skis and wakeboards can be stowed inside.