2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 To Begin At $40,995

Chevrolet's Off-Road Special Gets Priced

It is a good time if you happen to be interested in off-road pickups. The Ford F-150 Raptor, Ram Power Wagon, and Toyota's TRD Pro lineup offer their unique take. Soon, the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will have its own take for your consideration.

Today, Chevrolet revealed the base price of the Colorado ZR2 which begins at $40,995 (includes a $940 destination charge). That will net you the extended cab model with the 3.6L V6. Chevrolet isn't talking pricing for the crew cab or the option of the 2.8L Duramax Turbodiesel. This price undercuts the base Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro by $705.

The list of standard equipment is quite extensive with front and rear locking electronic diffs, DSSV dampers, a 2-inch suspension lift, new bumpers, spray-in bedliner, 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, aluminum skid plate, six-speaker audio system, 8-inch touchscreen with Chevrolet MyLink, and wireless phone charging.

Source: Chevrolet
    Press Release is on Page 2

CHEVROLET ANNOUNCES 2017 COLORADO ZR2 PRICING STARTING AT $40,995

• Chevy’s all-new off-road performance truck will be priced more competitively and have better standard equipment than the nearest comparable vehicles

DETROIT — After revitalizing an entire truck market segment with the launch of the Chevy Colorado, Chevrolet continues to innovate in the midsize pickup segment. The high-performance, off-road ZR2 trim level will launch this spring for the 2017 model year with a starting price of $40,995 MSRP including a $940 destination fee.

“ZR2 is truly a segment of one and does everything well — from traversing heavy two-track trails to high-speed desert running and full-on rock crawling. We’re thrilled to be able to offer it for more than $2,500 less than the next closest comparable vehicles. Taken in the context of serious off-roading, $2,000 will buy you 50 years of annual passes to Arches National Park in Moab, Utah,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Trucks marketing director.

“Some vehicles that customers might cross-shop with ZR2 can spec out as much as $26,000 more than our truck — or the price of a well-equipped 2017 Colorado. When you buy a ZR2 at the starting price of $40,995, you are getting all of the significant off-road technologies standard with the vehicle, as well as an eight-speed automatic transmission and a wealth of other features at no additional cost.”

Available options on the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will include:

• Class-exclusive 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel engine, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, capable of 186 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque
    • Choice of crew- or extended cab configurations (including short and long beds, respectively)
    • 7-speaker Bose premium audio system
    • Dealer-installed, bed-mounted spare tire carrier
    • Full-length black vinyl floor (no additional cost — standard interior features leather seats and carpet)

The ZR2’s starting MSRP includes a number of key standard features unique to the trim level, such as:

• Class-exclusive front and rear locking electronic differentials
    • Revolutionary, segment-exclusive Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSVTM) dampers
    • Off-road rocker protection
    • Modified front and rear bumpers for better off-road obstacle clearance
    • Exclusive ZR2 17 x 8-inch aluminum alloy wheels
    • 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac off-road tires
    • New cast-iron control arms
    • An aluminum skidplate that protects the radiator and engine oil pan
    • Autotrac transfer case
    • Transfer case shield
    • Aggressive grille and hood combo unique to ZR2
    • Modified rear axle with a 3.42 ratio
    • Front and rear tracks widened 3.5 inches over a standard Colorado
    • Suspension lifted 2 inches over a standard Colorado
    • Off-Road Mode Technology
    • 4-wheel disc brakes

Other standard features include:

• Tow/haul mode
    • Trailering Package, including trailer hitch and 7-pin connector
    • Integrated trailer brake controller
    • Spray-on bedliner
    • Heated driver and passenger front seats
    • Wireless phone charging
    • Rear sliding window
    • EZ Lift and Lower tailgate
    • Locking tailgate
    • Recovery hooks
    • A six-speaker audio system with Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation and an 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and a digital clock, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones, voice-activated technology for radio and phone featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability as well as an auxiliary jack
    • All-terrain spare tire with unique ZR2 wheel
    • Four USB ports: one on the instrument panel, one in the center console and two in the rear of the center console
    • Electronic automatic cruise control
    • Rear window electric defogger
    • OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi
    • Rear Vision Camera
    • Remote keyless entry
    • Remote vehicle starter system
    • 4-way power front driver and passenger seat adjuster with power driver lumbar control
    • Rear seats with underseat storage

Standard powertrain is the 3.6L DI DOHC V6 with a class-leading 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque that is shared with other Colorado models.

The ZR2 is available only as a four-wheel-drive vehicle.

The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 goes on sale this spring.

Hmmm!

With a crew cab and a little off sticker with my GM money on the GM card I might actually may consider this.

I had not expected it this low price. I expected loaded up $48K and saw even Motor Trend or one of the magazine estimated starting price would be $42K

the only option I would want is the upgrade on the stereo as the rest of the things I want are standard.

Um hum.  Amazing price for the capability.  As I figured undercuts he larger Raptor by roughly 10 grand (with the locking front while the Raptor only offers an LSD front and it is an option) and even undercuts the TRD Pro.  Very impressed.  I WILL have one of these even if I have to wait a few years for a used one.

V6, extended cab, no options needed though I like that tire carrier and fullsize spare.  MT tested a new 17 4x4 and it a full second quicker to 60 that the 15-16s, 6.1 0 to 60, i can live with that.

I remember reading about that '17 4x4. The numbers made it look like a ringer because they didn't make sense how quick that truck was.

I'll eat my crow when I hear about the 2.8's starting price.. anybody have a link to that old thread???

Just as a guess i am going to throw a 5k premium for the crew/diesel combo.

I might be able to shine some light on the Duramax diesel option. This is from Autoblog,

You might wonder what adding the Duramax diesel inline-four will do to the bottom line. The short answer is around $3,980 – the same as the basic step-up from the 3.6-liter V6 in the non-ZR2 Colorados to a Duramax. The longer answer involved a quick chat with a Chevrolet spokesperson, who told us that choosing the Duramax in the ZR2 may come bundled with some other features, so the real-world price for the diesel may be slightly higher. Whether the Duramax's ample torque and economy are worth the step-up in price will be up to the buyer.

It's just a sweet package and I can testify that I still see way more old-gen ZR2 pickups and Blazers on the road than lesser T-trucks... that stronger running gear and ready look transform them into trucks that ppl love to hold on to.

3 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I think some people on here better enjoy that crow they're eating right now!!!

Oh, and SO MUCH EFFING WANT!!!!

I was wrong and I with pleasure will say I was about 8 grand off.

Now you be honest and admit it is even cheaper fully loaded than you even expected. I just saw a magazine that predicted base price of $42K so there is a lot of people who never expected it.

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

So my worst-case-scenario price was still conservative.

Sorry I missed this you want a piece of crow too. There is enough for all of us.LOL!

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

"Yeah when I was thinking 48k I was thinking only if the diesel and crew cab. Eliminate those two options and it would be more like 43k. So those are my two numbers.

Single cab, 3.6 = 43k

crew cab. 2.8 = 48k"

Dingo.PNG

I figured around $44.999 as base on the crew and then the options would take it to around $47-48K. The Diesel I expected $49-50K. I did not ever see it coming in loaded at $40K.

Looking at the list there is really nothing to add but the Bose radio. I would not want plastic floor liners and I would skip the bed spare. It looks neat but I am not removing it every-time I want to haul something.

Now the question is will they add more power with the Camaro engine? It would appear as a natural addition at some point. Not everyone wants a Diesel.

Now I just need to sell the HHR and talk the wife into it.

To be honest the HHR will help as my buddy just sold his for $10K and made money on it from what he paid 2 years ago. It has more miles and more stone chips. Mine is nearly show room clean. I should get s decent price out of it.

I am excited. I just hope I can work all this out once they get more on dealer lots. I will not go get one and pay sticker or anything close to sticker. If needed I will wait it out a bit and also I have a ton of GM card money. I will wait for double value offerings.

Edited by hyperv6

Talked to the wife and she is all good on this. Now I just need to wait for supplies to come up to where they will deal.

I have the luxury that I do not need to have it right now and I refuse to pay the price just to be an early buyer.

it has been a while since I have been excited about a vehicle.

i had considered a Camaro but I would never want to take it in the salt or get stone chips. Though it would be a blast on snow. I miss my olds car days with posi.

With this it is a truck. Drive it.

15 hours ago, Stew said:

Just as a guess i am going to throw a 5k premium for the crew/diesel combo.

That seems about right unless they force you into an option or two with the diesel engine which could drive it up a tad more but 5k seems about right.

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Well isn't that freakin' exciting!?!?

I anticipate it may be 8 months before they start to come off sticker price. It will be a long wait as they will not even hit dealers till May.

But I refuse to pay sticker.

I will play all my options and hope to get the payment down pretty good.

I just need to get the HHR sold but with only 48K miles and in show like condition I should do ok on it. Most  of them out there today are over 100K miles and many even with lower miles were rode hard and put away wet.

I love driving the SS but the Z is the first thing as a daily driver that really has captured my attention. I am using the Malibu as a daily driver now but that will go to my son to get him to a Job he will need to get in the coming year. I though about putting him in the SS but the Insurance would be crazy. Also no 16 year old needs a 160 MPH 4 cylinder FWD.

I remember all that I did at that age. It is amazing I am still here in spite of it all.

By all rights my buddy and I should not be here. The real scary part now is he has an airplane and we take to the skys.

At least we do not do anything stupid now but like I told him we really should not be up here with all we have done. LOL!  It does make it nice to fly to a race and come home in a half hour vs. 3 hours.

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

It comes surprisingly well equipped for the base ZR2.  Funn story, friend was trying to tell me they had already ordered a Colorado ZR2 yesterday.  No doubt it is vaporware like his CHarger, Genesis coupe, and turbo Jetta yet all he is ever in is his old late 90s Camry.   Hmmmmm......

18 minutes ago, Stew said:

LOL those people annoy the hell out of me until I am used to them.. then I just find that shet hilarious. People that are just ALWAYS full of shet.

Drives me freaking nuts and way too many around here.  I think I am going to start telling people I already got a ZR2, one of the test mules, a know, the ones that are normally crushed haha.

1 hour ago, hyperv6 said:

But I refuse to pay sticker.

I will play all my options and hope to get the payment down pretty good.

Why would you refuse to pay sticker?

Colorados don't have incentives anyway, and there's only about $1,500 of markup in a loaded Colorado.

• By David
      Lots of interesting stuff happening as GM by divisions starts to release more info on their EV programs.
      First is a interesting video on their Ultium batteries. This clearly shows how versatile they can build the battery packs.
      https://plants.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/bcportal.html/currentVideoId/6157651202001/currentChannelId/Most Recent.gsaOff.html
      Multiple-cell-configurations-within-Ultium-modules.mp4

They have released a video of a side profile of the new Chevrolet Bolt morphing into the Bolt EUV. I was able to download the video and as such, way more visual detail than on the posted web sites below are showing.
      chevrolet-bolt-euv-teaser-1598391287.mp4

Have to say the upcoming update to the Chevrolet Bolt and the EUV is nice looking and should sell even better than the old Bolt. Truly a much more CUV look.
      This week, Hagerty obtained a document from General Motors' executive director in charge of program management, Michelle Braun that says development on future car and truck programs has been paused due to the COVID-19 outbreak. But the document also mentions some intriguing information on upcoming powertrains for the C8 Corvette. Here are the details,
      Corvette Z06: 5.5L DOHC V8 known as the LT6 that will produce 650 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque. No mention of any type of forced-induction. Corvette Gran Sport: 6.2L OHC V8 with a hybrid system that's expected to produce 600 horsepower and 500 pound-feet of torque. Corvette ZR1: Twin-Turbo 5.5L DOHC V8, dubbed LT7. Output is expected to be 850 horsepower and 800 pound-feet. Corvette Zora: The powerhouse of the C8, it will take the Twin-Turbo LT7 and augment with a hybrid system. This is expected to produce 1,000 horsepower and 975 pound-feet of torque. Hagerty's report says the rollout of the new engines will begin in 2022 with the LT6, but the COVID-19 outbreak may push the plans back.
      Source: Hagerty

Source: Hagerty
    • By David
      According to MotorTrend, fords Mach e while pissing off the mustang faithful has already sold out all production for America and Europe for the first year. As such with GM having a flexible EV platform and considerable new EVs coming over the next 3 years, this begs the question of Could GM produce a Camaro EV CUV and call it the Z28? With the first nine auto's off the EV platform to be a Cadillac, one has to wonder how GM might fit the sporty performance into their product line and having a performance CUV Camaro could be the magic ticket.
      To quote the MotorTrend story: we'd expect a Chevy Camaro electric SUV to at least match the 255 horsepower Ford is targeting for the base Mustang Mach-E. For higher-trim variants, Chevy would likely have to adopt a dual-motor all-wheel-drive setup to stay competitive with the 332-hp, 417-lb-ft Mach-E 4 and 459-hp, 612-lb-ft Mach-E GT.

• By Drew Dowdell
      QUARTER 4 (CALENDAR YEAR-TO-DATE) JANUARY - DECEMBER   2019 2018 %Change Volume   2019 2018 %Change Volume   Cascada 77 743 -89.6   2,535 4,136 -38.7   Enclave 10,143 14,420 -29.7   51,156 49,647 3.0   Encore 28,497 23,326 22.2   102,402 93,073 10.0   Envision 8,380 7,535 11.2   33,229 30,152 10.2   LaCrosse 463 2,118 -78.1   7,241 15,527 -53.4   Regal 1,514 3,110 -51.3   10,363 14,118 -26.6   Buick Total 49,074 51,257 -4.3   206,929 206,863 0.0   ATS 83 831 -90.0   1,134 10,859 -89.6   CT5 43 0 ***.*   43 0 ***.*   CT6 2,276 2,398 -5.1   7,951 9,668 -17.8   CTS 966 2,442 -60.4   6,965 11,219 -37.9   Escalade 8,889 9,573 -7.1   35,424 36,872 -3.9   XT4 8,895 7,573 17.5   31,987 7,785 310.9   XT5 11,168 13,582 -17.8   49,879 60,565 -17.6   XT6 7,169 0 ***.*   11,559 0 ***.*   XTS 1,062 5,063 -79.0   11,304 17,727 -36.2   Cadillac Total 40,551 41,462 -2.2   156,246 154,702 1.0   Blazer 23,008 27 ***.*   58,115 27 ***.*   Bolt EV 3,307 6,212 -46.8   16,418 18,019 -8.9   Camaro 11,474 11,135 3.0   48,265 50,963 -5.3   Colorado 25,484 30,004 -15.1   122,304 134,842 -9.3   Corvette 3,491 3,910 -10.7   17,988 18,791 -4.3   Cruze 2,699 32,955 -91.8   47,975 142,617 -66.4   Equinox 92,092 98,239 -6.3   346,048 332,618 4.0   Express 16,652 22,543 -26.1   77,457 81,239 -4.7   Impala 9,545 12,604 -24.3   44,978 56,556 -20.5   LCF 1,273 940 35.4   4,495 2,810 60.0   Malibu 34,314 37,084 -7.5   131,917 144,542 -8.7   Silverado HD 36,704 34,222 7.3   131,953 142,632 -7.5   Silverado LD 124,619 126,950 -1.8   438,686 442,943 -1.0   Silverado MD 2,018 6 ***.*   4,961 6 ***.*   Sonic 3,339 2,765 20.8   13,971 20,613 -32.2   Spark 11,016 5,174 112.9   31,281 23,602 32.5   Suburban 10,242 15,200 -32.6   51,928 60,633 -14.4   Tahoe 21,086 24,679 -14.6   101,189 104,153 -2.8   Traverse 33,631 39,536 -14.9   147,122 146,534 0.4   Trax 33,039 22,378 47.6   116,816 89,916 29.9   Volt 370 5,063 -92.7   4,910 18,306 -73.2   Chevrolet Total 499,404 531,985 -6.1   1,958,925 2,036,023 -3.8   Acadia 19,471 25,128 -22.5   99,429 88,621 12.2   Canyon 6,525 8,219 -20.6   32,825 33,492 -2.0   Savana 3,136 2,905 8.0   24,226 19,684 23.1   Sierra HD 18,228 16,550 10.1   59,871 60,389 -0.9   Sierra LD 50,494 50,762 -0.5   172,452 159,165 8.3   Terrain 28,060 31,595 -11.2   101,470 114,314 -11.2   Yukon 20,966 25,366 -17.3   74,673 80,784 -7.6   GMC Total 146,880 160,525 -8.5   564,946 556,449 1.5   GM Vehicle Total* 735,909 785,229 -6.3   2,887,046 2,954,037 -2.3                     78 selling days for the QUARTER 4 this year and 77 for same QUARTER last year.

• My friend who will be my riding bud has an older Ducati Streetfighter... he likes it but he complains that getting anything done to it is expensive.  I'm sure I'm going to be in the same boat with a BMW, but at least being aircooled, shaft drive, boxer the amount of maintenance it will need is lower.  Of your list, I like the Triumph the best, but the Yamaha would probably be lowest cost of ownership.  I looked at the Yamaha XSR900 very early on in my search (years ago) because it reminded me of my dual-sport I had in my teens, but it was uncomfortably too tall for me.
    • Prices going up. Economy not fully recovered. Supply shortages. Money printer going brrrr... I think of the following words. Stagflation... And  A word that starts with 'C' and ends with 'm'. In Canada - (no incentives for people to work below a certain income level, reducing productivity and making costs go up). Oops I might be derailing thread. Please no one entertain the kind of word I was thinking. Yeah lumber prices are bad. I heard Canada (where I live) might be limiting exports due to the cancellations of keystone too. Not sure if true or not. As for Tesla cars. I don't think any car maker could sell those cheap Wuling things yet in NA. I don't see the price points ever going lower, maybe some more features for the money down the line. And Tesla is about to be inundated with competition. I think their position is not nearly as strong as when the Model Y came out. Paper tiger maybe.
    • Supply down + Demand Up = higher prices.... not that hard. Prices for nearly everything are going up. It has nothing to do with BEVs.  It has to do with everything from lumber to microchips being in short supply. Also... prices for used and new gasoline powered vehicles is going up too, so at worst, BEVs are just keeping pace with the industry as a whole. Furthermore, no one gave a date as to when the cost of BEVs would dip below ICEs, so calling that misinformation is substantially premature.  The big, experienced manufacturers like GM and MB have been awoken like a sleeping dragon and the new BEV platforms coming from them are going to be serious entries, not just an electric motor thrown in one of their gasser models with a bunch of laptop batteries in the trunk. As of about 3 years ago, they all started taking BEVs seriously. There will be economies of scale as the cells of a Silverado don't need to be any different in composition than the cells in a Bolt... the only difference will be quantity.  GM will no longer need to build 197 different powertrain combinations, it will be reduced to 10 (if memory serves, it's somewhere in that ballpark of a delta in powertrains). There will no longer be a need for complex 10-speed transmissions. No AWD systems. No exhaust systems. There won't be complex electro-mechanical systems to turn cylinders on and off while driving. There won't be turbo-chargers. There won't be those electronic shutters that close a grille at speed. All of that stuff listed that needs to be engineered and re-engineered every 5 - 7 years will go away. None of that is in place today and no one claimed it would be in place by today, but you have the combined industrial might of GM, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, VW, Hyundai, Telsa, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, and others working on it.

1. F&K