2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 To Begin At $40,995

Chevrolet's Off-Road Special Gets Priced

It is a good time if you happen to be interested in off-road pickups. The Ford F-150 Raptor, Ram Power Wagon, and Toyota's TRD Pro lineup offer their unique take. Soon, the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will have its own take for your consideration.

Today, Chevrolet revealed the base price of the Colorado ZR2 which begins at $40,995 (includes a $940 destination charge). That will net you the extended cab model with the 3.6L V6. Chevrolet isn't talking pricing for the crew cab or the option of the 2.8L Duramax Turbodiesel. This price undercuts the base Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro by $705.

The list of standard equipment is quite extensive with front and rear locking electronic diffs, DSSV dampers, a 2-inch suspension lift, new bumpers, spray-in bedliner, 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, aluminum skid plate, six-speaker audio system, 8-inch touchscreen with Chevrolet MyLink, and wireless phone charging.

Source: Chevrolet
    Press Release is on Page 2

CHEVROLET ANNOUNCES 2017 COLORADO ZR2 PRICING STARTING AT $40,995

• Chevy’s all-new off-road performance truck will be priced more competitively and have better standard equipment than the nearest comparable vehicles

DETROIT — After revitalizing an entire truck market segment with the launch of the Chevy Colorado, Chevrolet continues to innovate in the midsize pickup segment. The high-performance, off-road ZR2 trim level will launch this spring for the 2017 model year with a starting price of $40,995 MSRP including a $940 destination fee.

“ZR2 is truly a segment of one and does everything well — from traversing heavy two-track trails to high-speed desert running and full-on rock crawling. We’re thrilled to be able to offer it for more than $2,500 less than the next closest comparable vehicles. Taken in the context of serious off-roading, $2,000 will buy you 50 years of annual passes to Arches National Park in Moab, Utah,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Trucks marketing director.

“Some vehicles that customers might cross-shop with ZR2 can spec out as much as $26,000 more than our truck — or the price of a well-equipped 2017 Colorado. When you buy a ZR2 at the starting price of $40,995, you are getting all of the significant off-road technologies standard with the vehicle, as well as an eight-speed automatic transmission and a wealth of other features at no additional cost.”

Available options on the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will include:

• Class-exclusive 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel engine, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, capable of 186 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque
    • Choice of crew- or extended cab configurations (including short and long beds, respectively)
    • 7-speaker Bose premium audio system
    • Dealer-installed, bed-mounted spare tire carrier
    • Full-length black vinyl floor (no additional cost — standard interior features leather seats and carpet)

The ZR2’s starting MSRP includes a number of key standard features unique to the trim level, such as:

• Class-exclusive front and rear locking electronic differentials
    • Revolutionary, segment-exclusive Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSVTM) dampers
    • Off-road rocker protection
    • Modified front and rear bumpers for better off-road obstacle clearance
    • Exclusive ZR2 17 x 8-inch aluminum alloy wheels
    • 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac off-road tires
    • New cast-iron control arms
    • An aluminum skidplate that protects the radiator and engine oil pan
    • Autotrac transfer case
    • Transfer case shield
    • Aggressive grille and hood combo unique to ZR2
    • Modified rear axle with a 3.42 ratio
    • Front and rear tracks widened 3.5 inches over a standard Colorado
    • Suspension lifted 2 inches over a standard Colorado
    • Off-Road Mode Technology
    • 4-wheel disc brakes

Other standard features include:

• Tow/haul mode
    • Trailering Package, including trailer hitch and 7-pin connector
    • Integrated trailer brake controller
    • Spray-on bedliner
    • Heated driver and passenger front seats
    • Wireless phone charging
    • Rear sliding window
    • EZ Lift and Lower tailgate
    • Locking tailgate
    • Recovery hooks
    • A six-speaker audio system with Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation and an 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and a digital clock, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones, voice-activated technology for radio and phone featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability as well as an auxiliary jack
    • All-terrain spare tire with unique ZR2 wheel
    • Four USB ports: one on the instrument panel, one in the center console and two in the rear of the center console
    • Electronic automatic cruise control
    • Rear window electric defogger
    • OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi
    • Rear Vision Camera
    • Remote keyless entry
    • Remote vehicle starter system
    • 4-way power front driver and passenger seat adjuster with power driver lumbar control
    • Rear seats with underseat storage

Standard powertrain is the 3.6L DI DOHC V6 with a class-leading 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque that is shared with other Colorado models.

The ZR2 is available only as a four-wheel-drive vehicle.

The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 goes on sale this spring.

Hmmm!

With a crew cab and a little off sticker with my GM money on the GM card I might actually may consider this.

I had not expected it this low price. I expected loaded up $48K and saw even Motor Trend or one of the magazine estimated starting price would be $42K

the only option I would want is the upgrade on the stereo as the rest of the things I want are standard.

Um hum.  Amazing price for the capability.  As I figured undercuts he larger Raptor by roughly 10 grand (with the locking front while the Raptor only offers an LSD front and it is an option) and even undercuts the TRD Pro.  Very impressed.  I WILL have one of these even if I have to wait a few years for a used one.

V6, extended cab, no options needed though I like that tire carrier and fullsize spare.  MT tested a new 17 4x4 and it a full second quicker to 60 that the 15-16s, 6.1 0 to 60, i can live with that.

I remember reading about that '17 4x4. The numbers made it look like a ringer because they didn't make sense how quick that truck was.

I'll eat my crow when I hear about the 2.8's starting price.. anybody have a link to that old thread???

Just as a guess i am going to throw a 5k premium for the crew/diesel combo.

I might be able to shine some light on the Duramax diesel option. This is from Autoblog,

You might wonder what adding the Duramax diesel inline-four will do to the bottom line. The short answer is around $3,980 – the same as the basic step-up from the 3.6-liter V6 in the non-ZR2 Colorados to a Duramax. The longer answer involved a quick chat with a Chevrolet spokesperson, who told us that choosing the Duramax in the ZR2 may come bundled with some other features, so the real-world price for the diesel may be slightly higher. Whether the Duramax's ample torque and economy are worth the step-up in price will be up to the buyer.

It's just a sweet package and I can testify that I still see way more old-gen ZR2 pickups and Blazers on the road than lesser T-trucks... that stronger running gear and ready look transform them into trucks that ppl love to hold on to.

3 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I think some people on here better enjoy that crow they're eating right now!!!

Oh, and SO MUCH EFFING WANT!!!!

I was wrong and I with pleasure will say I was about 8 grand off.

Now you be honest and admit it is even cheaper fully loaded than you even expected. I just saw a magazine that predicted base price of $42K so there is a lot of people who never expected it.

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

So my worst-case-scenario price was still conservative.

Sorry I missed this you want a piece of crow too. There is enough for all of us.LOL!

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

"Yeah when I was thinking 48k I was thinking only if the diesel and crew cab. Eliminate those two options and it would be more like 43k. So those are my two numbers.

Single cab, 3.6 = 43k

crew cab. 2.8 = 48k"

Dingo.PNG

I figured around $44.999 as base on the crew and then the options would take it to around $47-48K. The Diesel I expected $49-50K. I did not ever see it coming in loaded at $40K.

Looking at the list there is really nothing to add but the Bose radio. I would not want plastic floor liners and I would skip the bed spare. It looks neat but I am not removing it every-time I want to haul something.

Now the question is will they add more power with the Camaro engine? It would appear as a natural addition at some point. Not everyone wants a Diesel.

Now I just need to sell the HHR and talk the wife into it.

To be honest the HHR will help as my buddy just sold his for $10K and made money on it from what he paid 2 years ago. It has more miles and more stone chips. Mine is nearly show room clean. I should get s decent price out of it.

I am excited. I just hope I can work all this out once they get more on dealer lots. I will not go get one and pay sticker or anything close to sticker. If needed I will wait it out a bit and also I have a ton of GM card money. I will wait for double value offerings.

Edited by hyperv6

Talked to the wife and she is all good on this. Now I just need to wait for supplies to come up to where they will deal.

I have the luxury that I do not need to have it right now and I refuse to pay the price just to be an early buyer.

it has been a while since I have been excited about a vehicle.

i had considered a Camaro but I would never want to take it in the salt or get stone chips. Though it would be a blast on snow. I miss my olds car days with posi.

With this it is a truck. Drive it.

15 hours ago, Stew said:

Just as a guess i am going to throw a 5k premium for the crew/diesel combo.

That seems about right unless they force you into an option or two with the diesel engine which could drive it up a tad more but 5k seems about right.

9 hours ago, hyperv6 said:

Well isn't that freakin' exciting!?!?

This truck is actually a worthwhile upgrade over the Z71. The Tacoma TRD Pro is not over the standard Off Road.

If I were buying such a vehicle, my choice would be-

1) ZR2

2) Tacoma TRD Off-Road

3) Colorado Z71

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Well isn't that freakin' exciting!?!?

I anticipate it may be 8 months before they start to come off sticker price. It will be a long wait as they will not even hit dealers till May.

But I refuse to pay sticker.

I will play all my options and hope to get the payment down pretty good.

I just need to get the HHR sold but with only 48K miles and in show like condition I should do ok on it. Most  of them out there today are over 100K miles and many even with lower miles were rode hard and put away wet.

I love driving the SS but the Z is the first thing as a daily driver that really has captured my attention. I am using the Malibu as a daily driver now but that will go to my son to get him to a Job he will need to get in the coming year. I though about putting him in the SS but the Insurance would be crazy. Also no 16 year old needs a 160 MPH 4 cylinder FWD.

I remember all that I did at that age. It is amazing I am still here in spite of it all.

By all rights my buddy and I should not be here. The real scary part now is he has an airplane and we take to the skys.

At least we do not do anything stupid now but like I told him we really should not be up here with all we have done. LOL!  It does make it nice to fly to a race and come home in a half hour vs. 3 hours.

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

It comes surprisingly well equipped for the base ZR2.  Funn story, friend was trying to tell me they had already ordered a Colorado ZR2 yesterday.  No doubt it is vaporware like his CHarger, Genesis coupe, and turbo Jetta yet all he is ever in is his old late 90s Camry.   Hmmmmm......

18 minutes ago, Stew said:

LOL those people annoy the hell out of me until I am used to them.. then I just find that shet hilarious. People that are just ALWAYS full of shet.

Drives me freaking nuts and way too many around here.  I think I am going to start telling people I already got a ZR2, one of the test mules, a know, the ones that are normally crushed haha.

1 hour ago, hyperv6 said:

But I refuse to pay sticker.

I will play all my options and hope to get the payment down pretty good.

Why would you refuse to pay sticker?

Colorados don't have incentives anyway, and there's only about $1,500 of markup in a loaded Colorado.

• By Drew Dowdell
      QUARTER 4 (CALENDAR YEAR-TO-DATE) JANUARY - DECEMBER   2019 2018 %Change Volume   2019 2018 %Change Volume   Cascada 77 743 -89.6   2,535 4,136 -38.7   Enclave 10,143 14,420 -29.7   51,156 49,647 3.0   Encore 28,497 23,326 22.2   102,402 93,073 10.0   Envision 8,380 7,535 11.2   33,229 30,152 10.2   LaCrosse 463 2,118 -78.1   7,241 15,527 -53.4   Regal 1,514 3,110 -51.3   10,363 14,118 -26.6   Buick Total 49,074 51,257 -4.3   206,929 206,863 0.0   ATS 83 831 -90.0   1,134 10,859 -89.6   CT5 43 0 ***.*   43 0 ***.*   CT6 2,276 2,398 -5.1   7,951 9,668 -17.8   CTS 966 2,442 -60.4   6,965 11,219 -37.9   Escalade 8,889 9,573 -7.1   35,424 36,872 -3.9   XT4 8,895 7,573 17.5   31,987 7,785 310.9   XT5 11,168 13,582 -17.8   49,879 60,565 -17.6   XT6 7,169 0 ***.*   11,559 0 ***.*   XTS 1,062 5,063 -79.0   11,304 17,727 -36.2   Cadillac Total 40,551 41,462 -2.2   156,246 154,702 1.0   Blazer 23,008 27 ***.*   58,115 27 ***.*   Bolt EV 3,307 6,212 -46.8   16,418 18,019 -8.9   Camaro 11,474 11,135 3.0   48,265 50,963 -5.3   Colorado 25,484 30,004 -15.1   122,304 134,842 -9.3   Corvette 3,491 3,910 -10.7   17,988 18,791 -4.3   Cruze 2,699 32,955 -91.8   47,975 142,617 -66.4   Equinox 92,092 98,239 -6.3   346,048 332,618 4.0   Express 16,652 22,543 -26.1   77,457 81,239 -4.7   Impala 9,545 12,604 -24.3   44,978 56,556 -20.5   LCF 1,273 940 35.4   4,495 2,810 60.0   Malibu 34,314 37,084 -7.5   131,917 144,542 -8.7   Silverado HD 36,704 34,222 7.3   131,953 142,632 -7.5   Silverado LD 124,619 126,950 -1.8   438,686 442,943 -1.0   Silverado MD 2,018 6 ***.*   4,961 6 ***.*   Sonic 3,339 2,765 20.8   13,971 20,613 -32.2   Spark 11,016 5,174 112.9   31,281 23,602 32.5   Suburban 10,242 15,200 -32.6   51,928 60,633 -14.4   Tahoe 21,086 24,679 -14.6   101,189 104,153 -2.8   Traverse 33,631 39,536 -14.9   147,122 146,534 0.4   Trax 33,039 22,378 47.6   116,816 89,916 29.9   Volt 370 5,063 -92.7   4,910 18,306 -73.2   Chevrolet Total 499,404 531,985 -6.1   1,958,925 2,036,023 -3.8   Acadia 19,471 25,128 -22.5   99,429 88,621 12.2   Canyon 6,525 8,219 -20.6   32,825 33,492 -2.0   Savana 3,136 2,905 8.0   24,226 19,684 23.1   Sierra HD 18,228 16,550 10.1   59,871 60,389 -0.9   Sierra LD 50,494 50,762 -0.5   172,452 159,165 8.3   Terrain 28,060 31,595 -11.2   101,470 114,314 -11.2   Yukon 20,966 25,366 -17.3   74,673 80,784 -7.6   GMC Total 146,880 160,525 -8.5   564,946 556,449 1.5   GM Vehicle Total* 735,909 785,229 -6.3   2,887,046 2,954,037 -2.3                     78 selling days for the QUARTER 4 this year and 77 for same QUARTER last year.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      At an event in Detroit this evening, Chevrolet took the wraps off the Tahoe and Suburban SUVs. We don't have specs yet to publish, but wanted to get the pictures out for you to see.  I will be updating the article as more details come out.
      Six different trims will be offered including the new High Country trim, an RST trim, and Z71 becomes its own trim line instead of being offered as a separate package. LS, LT, and Premier trims carry on. Engines are the 5.3-liter and 6.2-liter V8s, but the 3.0L Duramax will also be joining the lineup. The 5.3 and 6.2 now sport dynamic fuel management. All engines send power to the wheels through a 10-speed automatic. The Duramax is available on every trim except Z71.
      The power ratings are:
      5.3-Liter - 355 Horsepower at 5600 RPM / 383 lb-Ft of torque at 4100 RPM 6.2-Liter - 420 Horsepower at 5600 RPM / 460 lb-ft of torque at 4100 RPM 3.0-Liter Duramax - 277 Horsepower at 3750 RPM / 460 lb-ft of torque at 1500 RPM The column shifter is gone, replaced with a new pushbutton design placed on the dash.  Thanks to a fully independent rear suspension, they both gain room inside. Magnetic Ride Control and an Air Ride Adaptive Suspension (available on Z71 and High Country) are available. The Air Ride suspension offers adjustable height of up to 4-inches at all four corners .
      The dash sports a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment center standard. Buyers can opt for a rear seat entertainment system with twin 12.6-inch displays. Interior room is up; Tahoe sports 40 percent more third-row leg room and 66 percent more cargo volume behind the third row. While maximum cargo room is up 30 percent, the overall length increased only 4 percent. This is done on a wheelbase that is 4.9 inches longer than the 2020 model.  Suburban gets a 4.1 inch increase in wheelbase so that interior cargo volume increases 19 percent while overall length increases 1.3 inches.
      INTERIOR DIMENSIONS
        TAHOE SUBURBAN Headroom
      (in / mm): 42.3 / 1074 (first row)
      38.9 / 988 (second row)
      EPA Passenger Volume
      (cu ft / L):
      168.4 / 4768
      170.4 / 4826
      Cargo Volume^
      (cu ft / L):
      122.9 / 3479 (behind first row)
      72.7 / 2058 (behind second row)
      25.5 / 722 (behind third row)
      144.7 / 4097 (behind first row)
      92.9 / 2632 (behind second row)
      41.1 / 1164 (behind third row)

• By Drew Dowdell
      The power ratings are:
      INTERIOR DIMENSIONS
        TAHOE SUBURBAN Headroom
      (in / mm): 42.3 / 1074 (first row)
      38.9 / 988 (second row)
      EPA Passenger Volume
      (cu ft / L):
      168.4 / 4768
      170.4 / 4826
      Cargo Volume^
      (cu ft / L):
      122.9 / 3479 (behind first row)
      72.7 / 2058 (behind second row)
      25.5 / 722 (behind third row)
      144.7 / 4097 (behind first row)
      92.9 / 2632 (behind second row)
      41.1 / 1164 (behind third row)

• By Drew Dowdell
      Chevrolet has released pricing of the new Trailblazer crossover that is coming to the U.S. market in early 2020.
      The base L model is the one that will start below $20k at $19,995. It comes with a 1.2-liter turbocharged 3-cylinder, front wheel drive, and a continuously variable transmission.  Inside it carries a 7.0 inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard. Standard on the L are 16 inch steel wheels with wheel covers. All-wheel drive is not available on the L.
      Moving up to the LS model which starts at $22,495 allows you to option into all-wheel drive for an additional $2,000. Opting for all-wheel drive also means you get a 0.1-liter engine upgrade to the 1.3 liter 3-cylinder that makes 155 horsepower.  Wheels are upgrades to 17-inch alloys.
      The LT will set you back $24,595, again standard with FWD and the 1.2-liter unless you spend an extra $2,000 for AWD and the 1.3-liter. However, you can opt for the 1.3-liter on its own at the LT level.
      The Activ (pictured, top) which starts at $26,395 is billed as the off-road trim. It comes with a revised fascia with a larger grille opening, unique 17-inch wheels, all-terrain tires, changes to the dampers, and the 1.3-liter standard in both FWD or AWD models. This time, AWD costs $1,500 to select.
      Then there is the RS (pictured, right) which also starts at $26,395. It also comes standard with the 1.3-liter engine with a $1,500 AWD option. The changes to the RS are mostly appearance changes to make it look more sporty.
      The Trailblazer goes on sale in Spring 2020.

• By Drew Dowdell
      The Trailblazer goes on sale in Spring 2020.

1. ichbinjohnk