Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Looks To Give Toyota's Tacoma TRD Pro A Run For the Money: Comments

It was three years ago that Chevrolet showed off the Colorado ZR2 concept at the LA Auto Show. It was a mean looker with an aggressive look, raised suspension, and meaty off-road tires. Imagine our surprise when Chevrolet revealed the production version tonight in Los Angeles.

The 2017 Colorado ZR2 keeps the mean look of the concept with a new front end treatment, raised hood, skid plates, 31-inch Goodyear Duratrac tires mounted on 17-inch wheels, and an optional spare tire carrier in the bed.

But under the skin is where the juicy changes are. Chevrolet has widened the track by 3.5-inches, raised the suspension by 2-inches and equipped it with unique spool-valve dampers from Multimatic - yes the same folks who are being tasked with building the upcoming Ford GT. The dampers first used on the Camaro Z/28, come with six different tuning curves up front, and four in the rear to provide better ride and handling characteristics over different terrains. 

Engine choices include the 3.6L V6 (308 horsepower, 275 pound-feet) and 2.8L Duramax Turbodiesel (181 horsepower, 369 pound-feet). The four-wheel drive system features a set of electronic-locking differentials for the front and rear axles.

No word on pricing on when the Colorado ZR2 will arrive at dealers.

Source: Chevrolet
Press Release is on Page 2

New Colorado ZR2 A "Segment of One" Among Off-Road Pickups

• New performance variant of the Chevrolet Colorado excels in tight two-tracks, technical rock-crawling, fast desert running and on pavement

LOS ANGELES — Just as introduction of the Chevrolet Colorado reset the bar for mid-size trucks, the new Colorado ZR2 is poised to reset expectations for off-road trucks. Chevy’s new performance halo for the Colorado lineup will feature more off-road technology than any other mid-size pickup when it goes on sale.

The ZR2 is effectively a segment of one, combining the nimbleness and maneuverability of a mid-size pickup with a host of new off-road features and the most off-road technology of any vehicle in its segment.

Compared to a standard Colorado, the ZR2 features a much wider track and a lifted suspension. Functional rockers have been added for better performance over rocks and obstacles, and the front and rear bumpers have been modified for better off-road clearance.

Class-exclusive features include front and rear electronic locking differentials, available diesel engine, and the first off-road application of Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSVTM) damper technology.

As a result, the Colorado ZR2 delivers exceptional performance in a variety of scenarios – from technical rock crawling to tight two-track trails to high-speed desert running to daily driving.

“Our engineers have been incredibly successful developing Corvette and Camaro performance variants with broad performance envelopes,” said Mark Reuss, executive vice president, Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain. “The ZR2 applies that same philosophy to off-road performance. You can go rock crawling on Saturday, desert running on Sunday, and comfortably drive to work on Monday. This truck can do it all, and do it all well.”

First off-road application of Multimatic DSSV dampers
To achieve this unprecedented balance of on- and off-road performance, the Chevy engineering team turned to a surprising partner in creating the ZR2’s dampers, which are the heart of any off-road truck.

Multimatic Inc., based in Markham, Ontario, is a renowned maker of high-performance Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSV) dampers as used in championship-winning motorsport vehicles, including recent Formula One winners.

The first volume production vehicle to use DSSV dampers was the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28. The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will be the first application of Multimatic DSSV damper technology to an off-road vehicle.

“From our experience on Z/28, we knew the performance advantages offered by DSSV dampers, “ said Mark Dickens, executive director, Performance Variants, Performance Parts and Motorsports Engineering, Chevrolet. “We also know that Multimatic’s motorsport development mentality would allow us to bring a uniquely precise and repeatable custom damper to market even more quickly than a traditional damper system.”

Compared to deflected-disk valving common on most dampers, the ZR2 employs spool valves that offer increased precision and manufacturing repeatability along with enhanced ride and handling performance both on- and off-road.

The Colorado ZR2’s DSSV dampers are position-sensitive. Their aluminum bodies each house two spool valves providing both compression and rebound damping optimized for everyday driving. During extreme off-road use, a third, piston-mounted spool valve delivers additional, uniquely tuned, compression damping. The front dampers also employ a separate rebound valve, which comes into play when the suspension approaches full extension.

“A traditional, deflected-disc damper only offers two force-velocity curves for tuning,” Dickens said. “The ZR2 dampers offer six tuning curves for the front, four at the rear. For the driver, this translates to greater confidence and control in a wider range of driving experiences.”

Design meets mud, sand and rock
Visually, the production version of the Colorado ZR2 closely resembles the concept shown at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. Consumer response to that concept was so overwhelming, the team knew they needed to carry as much of the original design into production as possible.

“For both the concept and the production versions of ZR2, the exterior design was shaped by the desire to improve capability driving over mud, sand and rock,” said Rich Scheer, director of design for Chevrolet Truck. “The wider, more aggressive stance, modified front and rear bumpers, and even the bed-mounted, spare-tire carrier all improve performance driving over rough terrain.”

Compared to a Colorado Z71, the ZR2 has a more aggressive side profile, with the suspension lifted two inches for greater ground clearance. The steel-tube, functional rocker protectors will be standard equipment on the ZR2, and are strong enough to protect the body side while dragging the truck against a rock face.

The ZR2 also features 17 x 8 inch aluminum wheels, in a pattern exclusive to the ZR2, wrapped in 31-inch Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires for exceptional traction. 

The front and rear track has been widened by three-and-a-half inches, with new cast-iron control arms for greater durability in off-road situations. As a result, the ZR2 offers greater wheel travel and stability while traversing steep grades.

The front bumper of the ZR2 has tapered ends, to increase the tire clearance when approaching obstacles. The bumper also integrates a thick, aluminum skid plate protecting the radiator and engine oil pan, while the transfer case is protected by an additional shield. Above the bumper, the ZR2 features a more aggressive grille and hood – with black insert – to complement the other exterior changes.

A bed-mounted spare tire carrier, seen on reveal vehicles at the Los Angeles Auto Show, will be available as an accessory. “The bed-mounted spare tire adds a rugged look to ZR2, and serves a functional purpose. By relocating the spare to the bed, ZR2’s departure is improved and prevents any damage to the spare when you’re crawling over obstacles,” said Scheer.

Class-exclusive electronic lockers, available diesel engine
The ZR2 also features the most sophisticated four-wheel drive system in the segment. With class-exclusive, electronic-locking differentials front and rear and Chevrolet’s AutoTrac transfer case, the ZR2 offers nine drive configurations:

• 2WD
  • 2WD, locked rear differential
  • Auto 4WD
  • Auto 4WD, locked rear differential
  • 4WD Hi, locked transfer case
  • 4WD Hi, locked transfer case and locked rear differential
  • 4WD Lo, locked transfer case
  • 4WD Lo, locked transfer case and locked rear differential
  • 4WD Lo, locked transfer case, locked front and rear differentials

Extensive work was done to integrate the electronic lockers and allow them to seamlessly interact with the traction control, stability control, and hill-descent control. In addition, a new “Off-Road Mode” button, in combination with the traction control switch, allows the anti-lock brakes, traction control, and stability control calibrations to be tailored to different driving conditions. Off-road Mode also alters the throttle progression and shifts calibrations to give the driver better control and responsiveness.

The ZR2 shares its powertrains with the 2017 Colorado, and it will be the only extreme production off-road truck to offer the choice of gas or diesel engines.

The all-new 3.6L V-6, mated to a class-exclusive Hydra-Matic 8L45 8-speed automatic transmission, yields 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque, while the class-exclusive Duramax diesel engine produces 181 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque and will provide excellent range to overland drivers.

Even with all of the off-roading upgrades over the base truck, the ZR2 can still tow up to 5,000 lbs. – enough to pull a camper, trailer dirt bikes, jet skis, snow mobiles and other toys – or carry 1,100 lbs. of payload.

As such, the Colorado ZR2 offers a distinct position in the market: Compared to other midsize trucks, the Colorado offers an unrivaled suite of powertrain technologies; compared to full-size off-road trucks, the ZR2 is about a foot narrower and 500 pounds lighter, enabling greater agility over obstacles and better trail access.

“It’s amazing what a difference a foot of width makes off road,” said Dickens. “The smaller size of the Colorado is a huge enabler for taking the ZR2 more places, and getting it through tighter spots than you could access with a full-size truck.”

New, off-road development track at GM’s Yuma Proving Ground
For the development of the Colorado ZR2, Chevrolet developed new off-road test areas at General Motors’ Yuma, Arizona Proving Ground.

The Yuma Proving Ground is located on 2,400 acres of land in southeastern Arizona. Opened in 2009, Yuma features a range of tracks, laboratories and courses. 

The new off-road facility features a multitude of off-road simulations, including high-speed desert sand trails; low-speed, loose river rock crossings; and steep, technical hill climbs and descents.

Yuma Proving Ground’s new off-road course allowed the team to test multiple iterations of components on the ZR2 is a single day. These components were then tested a real-world facilities like Moab, Johnson Valley, and Rubicon to ensure the ZR2 is trail-ready right from the factory.

View full article

This is such easy profit margin it is an I brainer.  Truck buyers will pay $45-50k for what is basically a $30k truck with a lift kit and big tires.  A Tacoma TRD is over $45k and it has a Camry power train and Camry level or below interior, but costs $20k more, easy money.

This is like everyone else said, a no brainer but with the Diesel. That would rock. Then add a performance kit to the diesel and you could probably boost the output of the engine by 25% or more.

This rocks! :metal: 

11 minutes ago, Stew said:

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truck wars are starting to be more interesting than the Muscle car wars of the late 1960's. Quite frankly, I am stunned with what I see.  And if the new Super Duty is any guide, Ford will drop a thermonuclear bomb on the specialty truck segment when they introduce the Bronco.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The truck wars are starting to be more interesting than the Muscle car wars of the late 1960's. Quite frankly, I am stunned with what I see.  And if the new Super Duty is any guide, Ford will drop a thermonuclear bomb on the specialty truck segment when they introduce the Bronco.

This is exactly what i want.  Awesome approach angles, locking front and rear diffs, lots of ground clearance and in a smaller more maneuverable package.  It may take me a few years, but i will have one!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

This is exactly what i want.  Awesome approach angles, locking front and rear diffs, lots of ground clearance and in a smaller more maneuverable package.  It may take me a few years, but i will have one!

Methinks you will love it!

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Stew said:

I love it and hug it, and drive the wheels off of it, and call it George....

Just don't forget to wash George when he gets muddy....

• Agree 1

So I'm having a difficult time understanding where this will price and why anybody who isn't a fanboy would buy it over a Raptor... Here's why..(I do understand if you genuinely want a smaller vehicle because not everybody wants a half ton size truck.

I built a crew cab, Z71, with the Trailboss package and the Duramax and it ran up a tad over 46k. Won't this be at the very least a 2-3k package on top of that?? That brings it to just under 50k and a Raptor is something like 52-55k.

Unless I'm screwing up and can be built in lesser trims like LT or LS. I guess I'm just assuming it is added price on top of the top trim.

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Just don't forget to wash George when he gets muddy....

Hehe, sorry, my bad attempt at some Looney Toons humor.  Seriously though, a Raptor would never work for me on size alone.  This just has me overjoyed haha. 

1 minute ago, Frisky Dingo said:

This looks considerably better than and appears to be packing notably more hardcore components than the TRD Pro. 

Silver with the 3.6 V6, please.

Extended cab 3.6 in grey here :)  I am nicely impressed especially with dual locking diffs.  This seems like what would happen if the Power wagon and raptor had a baby with slightly stunted growth. 

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

So I'm having a difficult time understanding where this will price and why anybody who isn't a fanboy would buy it over a Raptor... Here's why..(I do understand if you genuinely want a smaller vehicle because not everybody wants a half ton size truck.

I built a crew cab, Z71, with the Trailboss package and the Duramax and it ran up a tad over 46k. Won't this be at the very least a 2-3k package on top of that?? That brings it to just under 50k and a Raptor is something like 52-55k.

Unless I'm screwing up and can be built in lesser trims like LT or LS. I guess I'm just assuming it is added price on top of the top trim.

Estimated base prices I am seeing are around 40k, but with no official announcement.  Also, 50k is the base for the Raptor and 46k is all out maxed out on the Trail boss.  I priced out a decently loaded SuperCrew Raptor  9though no accessories like a bed liner, ramps, or tailgate step, etc), and it came to nearly 70 grand.  that is where our difference comes in. 

35 minutes ago, Stew said:

Estimated base prices I am seeing are around 40k, but with no official announcement.  Also, 50k is the base for the Raptor and 46k is all out maxed out on the Trail boss.  I priced out a decently loaded SuperCrew Raptor  9though no accessories like a bed liner, ramps, or tailgate step, etc), and it came to nearly 70 grand.  that is where our difference comes in. 

Yeah but those base prices are extended cab, 3.6 not the Duramax which is only offered in the crew cab. So I guess the 3.6 will be offered at a much more reasonable price but the Duramax will be insane for the money, imo.

Raptor starts at 49,500(with destination added in). Add in the 801A package to get leather and 10 way adjustable seats brings it to 52,600 in crew cab form, not Super Crew. Super Crew was 55,600. I'm not sure what you added to get another 15k but it had to have been absolutely loaded to the brim with extra petty stuff. Jumping to the 802A($9300) package the Super Crew was still "only" 61,800. But if it's 10-12k more than a ZR2 at THAT package level you're getting features that the Silverado doesn't even offer. The 801A is realistic price comparison.

• Agree 1

Like i said i didn't include things like the tailgate step, etc, though some crazy interior packages?  yes.  the price  came to 67200, but is possible to get over 70k by adding options like the tailgate step, etc.  My guess is that you are looking at at least a 10k difference equally optioned.  I doubt you see any incentives on either of these trucks meaning MSRP should give you an idea of what they will be bought for, at least after the initial period of ridiculous dealer markups. 

1 minute ago, FordCosworth said:

Base mdl ZR2 with no option has a payload off 1100lbs ( my old 2001 Ranger SC had a payload of just over 1500lbs and 5600lbs tow rating ) and tow rating of 5000lbs....Add crew Cab and options and both those plummet.

Yikes.

Yeah it's not made for that though.. Comparing it to the Raptor again the payload and towing capability are dog$h! as well.

Looking on Ford's website it doesn't seem right because it still states the 12,200lb towing capacity and 3270lb payload.

I'm pretty confident that those numbers drop a decent amount for the Raptor.

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah it's not made for that though.. Comparing it to the Raptor again the payload and towing capability are dog$h! as well.

Looking on Ford's website it doesn't seem right because it still states the 12,200lb towing capacity and 3270lb payload.

I'm pretty confident that those numbers drop a decent amount for the Raptor.

Raptor suck too at being a pick up

Just not as bad as this thing. 

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

Like i said i didn't include things like the tailgate step, etc, though some crazy interior packages?  yes.  the price  came to 67200, but is possible to get over 70k by adding options like the tailgate step, etc.  My guess is that you are looking at at least a 10k difference equally optioned.  I doubt you see any incentives on either of these trucks meaning MSRP should give you an idea of what they will be bought for, at least after the initial period of ridiculous dealer markups. 

But if you equip them similarly you won't be touching 60k in the Raptor as it just offers things the Colorado doesn't.

10k seems right if you aren't getting the optional Duramax.

1 minute ago, Stew said:

I am finding 1200 pound payload and 8000 pound tow rating for the Raptor. 

That seems more accurate than what I found. Definitely. Is that extended cab or super crew?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

But if you equip them similarly you won't be touching 60k in the Raptor as it just offers things the Colorado doesn't.

10k seems right if you aren't getting the optional Duramax.

That seems more accurate than what I found. Definitely. Is that extended cab or super crew?

See the links.  looks like these are Supercrew and the Supercab actually drops to 1000, but towing stays at 8000.

5 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

Raptor suck too at being a pick up

Just not as bad as this thing. 

See above.  Depending on cab it is only 100 pounds more or even less in the payload and 2500 more towing, but I don't see many purchasing either of these for towing.

19 minutes ago, Stew said:

I am finding 1200 pound payload and 8000 pound tow rating for the Raptor. 

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/specifications/towing/

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/specifications/payload/

That's where I tried to go but for whatever reason the page was "simplified" and didn't break it down like that at all. I do like that they break it down to the T for us to see the payload and towing capacity.

13 minutes ago, Stew said:

Depending on cab it is only 100 pounds more or even less in the payload and 2500 more towing, but I don't see many purchasing either of these for towing.

I've seen them tow but you're spot on. Nobody buys these to tow.. The occasional trailer for things is great but they aren't designed with that in mind.

Am I seeing something wrong but that link showed the shorter extended cab(134.2in wheelbase) Raptor towing only 6000lbs? Same with payload, 1200 SCrew and 1000 extended cab.

Edited by ccap41

38 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

Base mdl ZR2 with no option has a payload off 1100lbs ( my old 2001 Ranger SC had a payload of just over 1500lbs and 5600lbs tow rating ) and tow rating of 5000lbs....Add crew Cab and options and both those plummet.

Yikes.

Still more than enough to put camping gear in the bed and haul pull some dirtbikes/quads/jet-skis. Be realistic.

5 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

I am being realistic. 

Like the Raptor, this truck is for posers and Urban Cowboys

I can guarantee you whatever truck I have sees a LOT of off-road duty. 

20 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That's where I tried to go but for whatever reason the page was "simplified" and didn't break it down like that at all. I do like that they break it down to the T for us to see the payload and towing capacity.

I've seen them tow but you're spot on. Nobody buys these to tow.. The occasional trailer for things is great but they aren't designed with that in mind.

Am I seeing something wrong but that link showed the shorter extended cab(134.2in wheelbase) Raptor towing only 6000lbs? Same with payload, 1200 SCrew and 1000 extended cab.

I glanced too quick and thought they both had the same tow rating, but you are right, only 6000 for the supecab.  that is totally the reverse of what one would expect. 

6 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

I am being realistic. 

Beyond towing and putting really heavy things in the bed, please tell me what puts this truck at a disadvantage. Not everyone tows or hauls. Those people couldn't care less about payload specs. Hell, most people who buy full-size trucks don't come anywhere near their capabiliites, either.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

I am being realistic. 

I still like seeing both this and the Raptor produced...if we can keep putting money to metal and the factories working, everyone benefits.

One of my favorite stories from an automotive viewpoint is the story of a test driver for Porsche who was asked how often Porsche's really hit top speed.

His answer was every night in bench racing discussions at the bar.....

1 minute ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Beyond towing and putting really heavy things in the bed, please tell me what puts this truck at a disadvantage. Not everyone tows or hauls. Those people couldn't care less about payload specs. Hell, most people who buy full-size trucks don't come anywhere near their capabiliites, either.

...and what is wrong with someone just wanting a Truck?  The number of people I know with pickups just because that is what they would prefer to drive is pretty staggering.

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

I can guarantee you whatever truck I have sees a LOT of off-road duty. 

Not just yes but hell yes!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

I think GM needs to send me a long term tester for a torture test.......

Given the number of pre production prototypes and test mules they have, they should easily be able to give one to each person here.....I like the way you think.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Given the number of pre production prototypes and test mules they have, they should easily be able to give one to each person here.....I like the way you think.

That would just be awesome to see everyone's different thoughts on the same vehicle after an extnded period with it.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

That would just be awesome to see everyone's different thoughts on the same vehicle after an extnded period with it.

It would be more awesomer-er to drive the damned vehicles on a wheeling trip and enjoy cold beer by a campfire....now THAT would be awesome.

SierraNevadaStoutA.jpg (300×250)

• Agree 1

http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/stout

Check out the Sierra Nevada Stout...this would be my contribution for everyone.

I will even bring the stuff for Smores at the camp fire!

57 minutes ago, Stew said:

See the links.  looks like these are Supercrew and the Supercab actually drops to 1000, but towing stays at 8000.

See above.  Depending on cab it is only 100 pounds more or even less in the payload and 2500 more towing, but I don't see many purchasing either of these for towing.

Exactly. If you're buying this for towing, then you bought the wrong truck. Same goes for the Raptor. Also, comparing a mid size trucks capabilities with a full size is just silly and pointless for more than obvious reasons. 

42 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Why do you want me to list of disadvantages, when you too, in your first sentence, agree to my only concerns - tow and payload. 

14 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Exactly. If you're buying this for towing, then you bought the wrong truck. Same goes for the Raptor. Also, comparing a mid size trucks capabilities with a full size is just silly and pointless for more than obvious reasons. 

I agree. Comparing the ZR2's capabilities to a full size is silly. 

55 minutes ago, Stew said:

I'll bring some good old Kentucky Bourbon :D

You just might have a deal.  About 6 years ago i wanted to get together a C and G team to run the 24 hours of Lemons. A couple of key players I wanted to pull into the equation here in Ohio had conflicts with regards to family issues and finances, which is ultimately what killed it.

A wheeling trip would be much more do able, and possibly much more enjoyable than trying to fix a badly broken car at 3 in the morning....

52 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Why is it stilly if they're within 10% of price of each other? They both have similar intentions.

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Why is it stilly if they're within 10% of price of each other? They both have similar intentions.

We are starting to argue semantics here. Why don't we just rust truck buyers to look out for their own interests when they write a large check?

37 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

Why do you want me to list of disadvantages, when you too, in your first sentence, agree to my only concerns - tow and payload. 

I agree. Comparing the ZR2's capabilities to a full size is silly. 

I think most of the buying decisions for a product like this are going to obviously be highly subjective...

Also, given the aftermarket for Trucks, which is huge, one can pretty much modify a modern truck to do anything one would want.

I agree with you both on Tow and payload though...

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

You just might have a deal.  About 6 years ago i wanted to get together a C and G team to run the 24 hours of Lemons. A couple of key players I wanted to pull into the equation here in Ohio had conflicts with regards to family issues and finances, which is ultimately what killed it.

A wheeling trip would be much more do able, and possibly much more enjoyable than trying to fix a badly broken car at 3 in the morning....

That sounds like a blast for sure.

IMHO, the biggest decider for most of these are brand loyalty.  Next is the particular use and where they will use it.  Again for me I go to a lot of places where room is at a minimum so any fullsize truck is going to be more of a hindrance that a help.  Seriously both are fantastic and then there is the upcoming Jeep Wrangler pickup as well. 

6 minutes ago, Stew said:

That sounds like a blast for sure.

IMHO, the biggest decider for most of these are brand loyalty.  Next is the particular use and where they will use it.  Again for me I go to a lot of places where room is at a minimum so any fullsize truck is going to be more of a hindrance that a help.  Seriously both are fantastic and then there is the upcoming Jeep Wrangler pickup as well. 

Wrangler pickup is neat also....I like how once the truck market hit critical mass we had all of these new choices.

19 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Wrangler pickup is neat also....I like how once the truck market hit critical mass we had all of these new choices.

We had the Sport Truck era from the mid 90s to the mid 00s and now we are firml in the era of the off-road special.  I have loved them both :D

Just now, Stew said:

We had the Sport Truck era from the mid 90s to the mid 00s and now we are firml in the era of the off-road special.  I have loved them both :D

Always wanted a CJ-8 Scrambler myself.

They actually make full steel replacement bodies for these.

http://collinsbrosjeep.com/

I have daily fantasy's about flying to Texas to visit these folks.

IMG_9964__62472.1474922013.1280.1280.JPG

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

They actually make full steel replacement bodies for these.

http://collinsbrosjeep.com/

I have daily fantasy's about flying to Texas to visit these folks.

That is one freaking sweet business. 

love this conversion, but don't think I love it nearly 70 grand worth haha

IMG_0018__02703.1475266698.1280.1280.JPG

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I think you are correct.

The Gas Z71 fully loaded up can be found up to $47-48K sticker price easy.

I expect this truck to be starting at $49K and going up from there. The shocks alone are a major price not counting the larger wheel base items, locking diffs and added content that is not available on the other trucks.

This is the Z/28 of the Colorado. I have warned many that this will be a $50K plus truck easy if they did what I thought they would do and they even exceeded it in all areas but the engine. I had hoped for a little more V6 power.

Nice truck but nothing I would pay over $50K for. Maybe if they discount them like they did the old Z/28 models it would make a killer deal. I do not expect that though.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Stew said:

That is one freaking sweet business. 

love this conversion, but don't think I love it nearly 70 grand worth haha

IMG_0018__02703.1475266698.1280.1280.JPG

In another life where we have money to burn....!