• Sign in to follow this  

    Sales Figure Ticker: April 2017


    • April Showers Bring Decreases in Sales

    Jaguar Land Rover North America - Up 34.5% (8,441 Vehicles Sold This Month, 39,692 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Maserati North America, Inc. - Up 19% (1,265 Vehicles Sold This Month, 4,553 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Volvo Car USA, LLC - Up 15.4% (7,121 Vehicles Sold This Month, 22,530 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Audi of America - Up 7.7% (18,711 Vehicles Sold This Month, 64,358 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 4% (52,368 Vehicles Sold This Month, 196,618 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Porsche Cars North America, Inc. - Up 2.2% (5,529 Vehicles Sold This Month, 18,247 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Volkswagen of America - Up 1.64% (27,557 Vehicles Sold This Month, 103,847 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Hyundai Motor America - 
    Up 1.3% (63,050 Vehicles Sold This Month, 231,842 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Nissan Group USA - Down 1.5% (121,998 Vehicles Sold This Month, 538,889 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Toyota Motor North America - 
    Down 4.4% (201,926 Vehicles Sold This Month, 734,537 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Kia Motors America - Down 5.6% (53,358 Vehicles Sold This Month, 181,086 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    General Motors Co. - Down 5.8% (244,406 Vehicles Sold This Month, 933,927 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    American Honda Motor Co. - Down 7% (138,386 Vehicles Sold This Month, 503,679 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    FCA US LLC - Down 7% (176,176 Vehicles Sold This Month, 686,974 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Ford Motor Company - Down 7.2% (214,695 Vehicles Sold This Month, 831,997 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Mazda North American Operations - Down 7.8% (24,164 Vehicles Sold This Month, 93,235 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Mercedes-Benz USA - Down 8.7% (29,490 Vehicles Sold This Month,117,125 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    BMW Group U.S. - Down 12.2% (26,105 Vehicles Sold This Month, 108,038 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Mitsubishi Motors North America - Down 13.4% (8,375 Vehicles Sold This Month, 37,522 Vehicles Sold This Year)

    Brands:
    Acura - Down 12.8% (14,132 Vehicles Sold This Month, 48,894 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Alfa Romeo - Up 1,047% (677 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,783 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Audi - Up 7.7% (18,711 Vehicles Sold This Month, 64,358 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    BMW - Down 9.3% (22,624 Vehicles Sold This Month, 94,306 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Buick - Up 17% (20,735 Vehicles Sold This Month, 70,940 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Cadillac - Up 9.5% (12,300 Vehicles Sold This Month, 46,282 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Chevrolet - Down 10.4% (164,367 Vehicles Sold This Month, 636,090 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Chrysler - Down 3% (17,309 Vehicles Sold This Month, 64,385 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Dodge - Down 3% (39,445 Vehicles Sold This Month, 173,508 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Fiat - Down 18% (2,539 Vehicles Sold This Month, 9,770 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Ford - Down 7.5% (205,004 Vehicles Sold This Month, 795,223 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Genesis - N/A (1,399 Vehicles Sold This Month, 6,554 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    GMC -  Down 0.3% (47,004 Vehicles Sold This Month, 180,615 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Honda - Down 6.3% (124,254 Vehicles Sold This Month, 457,785 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Hyundai - Down 0.9% (61,651 Vehicles Sold This Month, 225,288 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Infiniti - Up 3.5% (10,797 Vehicles Sold This Month, 54,358 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Jaguar - Up 197.1% (3,230 Vehicles Sold This Month, 14,606 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Jeep - Down 17% (68,879 Vehicles Sold This Month, 257,622 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Kia - Down 5.6% (53,358 Vehicles Sold This Month, 181,086 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Land Rover - Up 0.4% (5,211 Vehicles Sold This Month, 25,086 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Lexus - Down 11.1% (22,116 Vehicles Sold This Month, 83,961 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Lincoln - Down 0.9% (9,691 Vehicles Sold This Month, 36,774 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Maserati - Up 19% (1,265 Vehicles Sold This Month, 4,553 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Mazda - Down 7.8% (24,164 Vehicles Sold This Month, 93,235 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Mercedes-Benz - Down 7.9% (26,932 Vehicles Sold This Month, 106,073 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Mercedes-Benz Vans - 
    MINI - Down 27.4% (3,481 Vehicles Sold This Month, 13,732 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Mitsubishi - Down 13.4% (8,375 Vehicles Sold This Month, 37,522 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Nissan - Down 2% (111,201 Vehicles Sold This Month, 484,531 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Porsche - Up 2.2% (5,529 Vehicles Sold This Month, 18,247 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Ram Trucks - Up 5% (47,327 Vehicles Sold This Month, 179,906 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Smart - Down 21.7% (365 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,426 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Subaru - Up 4% (52,368 Vehicles Sold This Month, 196,618 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Toyota - Down 3.5% (179,810 Vehicles Sold This Month, 650,576 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Volkswagen - Up 1.64% (27,557 Vehicles Sold This Month, 103,847 Vehicles Sold This Year)
    Volvo - Up 15.4% (7,121 Vehicles Sold This Month, 22,530 Vehicles Sold This Year)



      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Camaro-8737

    Mustang-8063

     

    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

     

    Seriously, this perfectly illustrates what was talked about yesterday regarding across the board sales struggles and why it will continue. Looks like everyone took a hit last month.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Buick and Cadillac did well given the current market.  Especially that 17% rise in Buick sales.  I never thought I would see that kind of double-digit increase in sales for Buick, and Caddy up by nearly double digits is good news too.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So is that Alfa Romeo sales increase mostly in Europe? I have not seen them selling here, mostly just sitting on the lot next to the Fiat 500 garbage. Clearly does not show selling 300K a year like Sergio promised.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    34 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    Camaro-8737

    Mustang-8063

     

    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

     

    Seriously, this perfectly illustrates what was talked about yesterday regarding across the board sales struggles and why it will continue. Looks like everyone took a hit last month.

    giphy.gif

     

    Hey Surreal...we dont troll, we gremlin!

    Maybe for this month and moving forward, the Camaro FINALLY exorcised its Demons!

    (yes I know! Shyster Hennessey versus straight from Auburn Hills stock...still phoquing cool, though!)

    (Hey, Shelby, we need another Super Snake!)

     

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    47 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    Camaro-8737

    Mustang-8063

     

    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

     

    Seriously, this perfectly illustrates what was talked about yesterday regarding across the board sales struggles and why it will continue. Looks like everyone took a hit last month.

    Indeed....! Although there is a real part of me that would not mind owning an Ecoboost Mustang.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

    Indeed....! Although there is a real part of me that would not mind owning an Ecoboost Mustang.

    Understandable. I'm more of a Challenger man myself. The extra room is a plus for me (and it sits just like my old Magnum which is a huge plus).

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    44 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

    Buick and Cadillac did well given the current market.  Especially that 17% rise in Buick sales.  I never thought I would see that kind of double-digit increase in sales for Buick, and Caddy up by nearly double digits is good news too.

    Three brands I really like, Audi, Cadillac and Buick all doing well. VW is still sucking wind after the TDI scandal even though sales are up slightly. Wonder why Ford is so far down?

    Just now, surreal1272 said:

    Understandable. I'm more of a Challenger man myself. The extra room is a plus for me (and it sits just like my old Magnum which is a huge plus).

    The Challenger has really grown on me...I wasn't a strong fan when it came out, but I like it much more now.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    Three brands I really like, Audi, Cadillac and Buick all doing well. VW is still sucking wind after the TDI scandal even though sales are up slightly. Wonder why Ford is so far down?

    2

    Sales of cars dropped 21.2 percent for the month.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, William Maley said:

    Sales of cars dropped 21.2 percent for the month.

    True, but they sell a lot of trucks in the mix...

    Good time for me to be buying a replacement car for my TDI I sold back. Wonder what incentives will look like by August if things don't change?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    True, but they sell a lot of trucks in the mix...

    Good time for me to be buying a replacement car for my TDI I sold back. Wonder what incentives will look like by August if things don't change?

    Not this month, Ford reported a 4.2 percent drop in trucks. Only positive was in the SUV/Crossovers with a 1.2 percent increase.

    At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked if incentives keep piling up. Makes me wish I had a little bit more money so I could take advantage of it.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 minutes ago, William Maley said:

    Not this month, Ford reported a 4.2 percent drop in trucks. Only positive was in the SUV/Crossovers with a 1.2 percent increase.

    At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked if incentives keep piling up. Makes me wish I had a little bit more money so I could take advantage of it.

    I am enjoying driving my Mini Cooper S, which is paid for and has been for several years. But it is almost 15 years old, I do need to do something.

    Edited by A Horse With No Name

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    39 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    I am enjoying driving my Mini Cooper S, which is paid for and has been for several years. But it is almost 15 years old, I do need to do something.

    Convert it to EV and Enjoy some stomach pulling Torque! :P Just think EV, charge at home and just plain fun. :D 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 minutes ago, dfelt said:

    Convert it to EV and Enjoy some stomach pulling Torque! :P Just think EV, charge at home and just plain fun. :D 

    I would rather ahve a Bolt or a Tesla 3, designed from the ground up as an all electric vehicle.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    I would rather ahve a Bolt or a Tesla 3, designed from the ground up as an all electric vehicle.

    The Bolt was a blast to drive, sadly the wife cannot get over the white V design in the dash. So that is on hold waiting for version 2.0 as we both are not impressed with Tesla design or how low their auto's sit. The Model X was not impressive to us either except for the gullwing rear doors. Not enough to justify the price.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

    lol the white V prevents a sale... sure...  ;)

     

    The irony is he will be buying an early production model of the Bolt at some point and doing a concourse restoration..and then towing it behind his 12 mile per gallon Escalade to shows.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 5/2/2017 at 10:22 AM, surreal1272 said:

    Camaro-8737

    Mustang-8063

     

    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

     

    Seriously, this perfectly illustrates what was talked about yesterday regarding across the board sales struggles and why it will continue. Looks like everyone took a hit last month.

    So... the delta between the two is more than double the total Mustang sales per month in China (average = 310).  Are Chinese sales of Mustang still something to tapdance about?

     

    I couldn't resist either.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    21 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    So... the delta between the two is more than double the total Mustang sales per month in China (average = 310).  Are Chinese sales of Mustang still something to tapdance about?

     

    I couldn't resist either.

    :roflmao:

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    28 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    So... the delta between the two is more than double the total Mustang sales per month in China (average = 310).  Are Chinese sales of Mustang still something to tapdance about?

     

    I couldn't resist either.


    They sold 2 in Cambodia, which should substantially soften the blow.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

      Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.