Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Choppin' Competition 23: The Gap

I decided we could do a pick-you-own-picture Choppin' Comp this time, so I thought this was a good idea...

Your task is to create a vehicle that you feel would fill a gap in GM's lineup. There aren't a whole lot of gap's in GM's lineup because it is so vast, but if you think creatively I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something. Or, if you feel that GM has a particularly weak spot in their lineup, that would work as well. Just a few ideas:

Zeta vehicles

Small RWD vehicles (think Kappa sedans, etc)

Minivans

Cadillac Coupe

Please resize your pictures to 800 pixels wide before posting.

Deadline for entries is Friday, July 14th at 11:59 PM your time.

Now get choppin'!

I'll set myself a bit away from the others this time... I'm giving this one to GM Europe.

Posted Image

The new Opel Calibra. 2+2 coupe, 3.6L DI Intercooled Turbo V6, LS2 6.0L V8 available. Replacement for the old Vectra-based Calibra, but this time it's moving up to compete with the larger Grand Tourers, so it's on lightly modified Zeta and packs a punch under the hood.

Yes, it's a rehash of the one I did before. I've made some very minor updates and fixes. :D

MarioBro88: You can enter both, but let me suggest something: rather than spending maybe 30 minutes to an hour on each entry, you'll have better success (meaning more votes when the time comes) working on an entry for 4 to 5 hours and perfecting it.

Is that an original? What did you use to make it? Pretty cool.

166037[/snapback]

THX ...base car was a Citroen. I kept the color, the basic passenger cabin and the rims, thats about all, it was done in Alais sketchbook pro, & all "painted" by hand.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

THX ...base car was a Citroen. I kept the color, the basic passenger cabin and the rims, thats about all, it was done in Alais sketchbook pro, & all "painted" by hand.

166057[/snapback]

damn good and a really good concept im wondering if that may be the direction passenger cars will go?

DETROIT,

In my book, that's your best chop yet. Nice job! :AH-HA_wink:

One suggestion: Eliminate the first body-colored A-pillar. I think it'd look edgier (and less-crowded) with just the silver pillar.

Chevelle SS ...RWD, 4 passenger sport sedan ;

Posted Image

:ohyeah:

165986[/snapback]

:blink::unsure::angry::angry::puke::puke::cussing::banghead::banghead:

i hate hatchbacks or anything close to them... especially when the name of an amazing car such as the chevelle is applied to them... (i hated am_rev's catalina in the city car contest just as much... dont feel bad...)

all personal opinions aside... clean chop... well thought out i guess... im still... im sorry i hafta stop before this gets really obscene and inappropriate

Edited by 04monteintimidator

alright i can deal with a saturn... even tho i hate hatchbacks... :P

the CLC... move the grill lower down and lower the roofline and youll have something there... for real

alright i can deal with a saturn... even tho i hate hatchbacks... :P

the CLC... move the grill lower down and lower the roofline and youll have something there... for real

166876[/snapback]

Hmmmm, ...ur havin a GOOD day, cuz u may be right again ! :yes:

....an IT AINT a Hatchback....just a small trunk like opening, I hate 'em too, OK.

( oh $h!, just realized there is NO trunk opening !!!!...LMAO ) :o

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

WAIT!!!

Saturn AURA Wagon...There needs to be more station wagons in the world!

Posted Image

167098[/snapback]

I think you should use the Vectra wagon as the base instead... It looks as if it was in a bad accident... Edited by ToniCipriani