Yay! New Truck.

Saturday evening we bought a new Truck, 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab SLT equipped with a Cummins HO Turbo Diesel. I absoultely love this truck especially leg room compared to our old Quad Cab, I am 5'11' and my brother 6'4 so we had quit the legroom problem. We got the 5/6 thousand dollar employee pricing rebate plus another 2500 for financing with Chryler Financial. (Quit the discount-ing huh?, Not that im complaining :lol: ) We got 19500 trade in cash for our 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab CTD (92,000 miles).

We got a light khaki color with a khaki interior.

Heres some pics......(So the exterior really aint that great...Its the interior)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That enough pics? :lol:

I will right more in the reviews section. 8) :AH-HA_wink:

ooo.... breaking out the french... way to be uber-macho there, Nosinger.

Chicken, that's a bad-ass Cummins.  Very nice.

174041[/snapback]

THanks all though..if we could of afforded a loaded 54,000 laramie mega cab...man i would sleep in it...

...but your dad would need a CDL license for that...  :scratchchin:

174213[/snapback]

My dad has Commercial Drivers License, he use to be a cummins heavy equpiment mechanic for Southern Nevada Paving so of course hed eventually have to see if he fixed it by driving it :D

Nice truck.

But a stick? Bet that's one jerky bastard of a truck, huh?

174319[/snapback]

No not really, only when my brothers driving it :lol: ..my dad seems to be pretty smooth with the clutch... and i asked my dad why he likes a stick he said some thing like if one gear fails or somthing you can shift into the other one or soemthing and he sais he just likes it cause ya know cummins makes a 4 speed automatic

Very nice truck...

That has to be fun to drive.... 8)

174325[/snapback]

Thanks... I kinda figured everybody woulde be like pshht another big blocky turd of a dodge... :lol:

Nice Engine and thats about it.

I heard some bad things from mechanics about the new dodge truck frames and sheetmetal. Aparrently DCX cut some corners to be cheap which wont help it in the future. But the engine is good for 800,000+ miles easily if cared for. the truck it self might have some give in it after 3 years plus some under body corosion since you live in a area that gets hard winters.

But Any way they are very very nice trucks! although cough* Duramax GMC's are better Cough* sorry i think i might be getting a cold. :P

No not really, only when my brothers driving it  :lol: ..my dad seems to be pretty smooth with the clutch... and i asked my dad why he likes a stick he said some thing like if one gear fails or somthing you can shift into the other one or soemthing and he sais he just likes it  cause ya know cummins makes a 4 speed automatic

174359[/snapback]

Very good logic, and exactly what has happened to my girlfriend's Geo Prizm...5 speed manual with only 1st, 2nd, and 5th that work...crapppy toyota :P

Wow... very cool!

And it's a stick, you have just jumped to an all out "super-cool"

status in my book. Cummins TD + 5-speed = BULLET-PROOF.

CONGRATS. 8)