Hello?

Farkas

I guess this is where I introduce myself?

Hi, I'm Sam. :AH-HA_wink:

I guess you wouldn't call me new, as I've been lurking for about a year. I like the atmosphere of this place. It is my 3rd most visited site too [after myspace :lol:, and carspyshots.net].

So yeah. I just wanted to make myself "official" in C&G Land.

8)

Edit: I forgot to mention my car. What a shwagon it is:

Posted Image

Its a 1997 Mercury Sable Wagon. My first car. It feels good to have my own set of wheels. I am proud to say that I paid for it myself, which to me is a big acomplishment. Now I just need to figure out how to save enough money to pay for gas and insurance :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Farkas

A Sable? Try BON. Ugh.

Just kidding!

Welcome to the posting world of C&G, Sam! So sue me, but I always had a soft spot for the Ford bubble wagons as they were some of the last true affordable station wagons you could buy.

Glad to have you posting here. Obviously you like us enough to come out and say 'hi', so :wavey: back at you.

I was gonna say.. I've seen your name around. I could've sworn I've seen a post or two by you.. guess not since you have a post count of 1.

Oh, and I'm NOS (or Frank from MI with a Series III Camaro).. and I don't post a lot. :duck::ph34r:

Yeah :AH-HA_wink:

Southwest wants to set Dallas Love Field free from the Wright Amendment. The Wright Amendment basically restricts commercial flights with more than 56 seats. It also makes flying to another state that doesn't border Texas illegal.

Pretty dumb law if you ask me.

Edited by Farkas

Hey there... if you've been lurking then you already know me

since I'm not shy about stating my oppinion. So what part of

NH are you "living free or dying" in? I just moved yesterday

but I'm still only 10 min from Nashua, NH.

P.S. everyone's first car should be a wagon. :)

Yeah :AH-HA_wink:

Southwest wants to set Dallas Love Field free from the Wright Amendment.  The Wright Amendment basically restricts commercial flights with more than 56 seats.  It also makes flying to another state that doesn't border Texas illegal.

Pretty dumb law if you ask me.

174841[/snapback]

The Wright Amendment is an agreement that both the cities of Fort Worth and Dallas argeed upon many years ago when D/FW International Airport was built. It's main proclomation was that the cities wouldn't operate any airports that would compete with said airport. Southwest doesn't like the competition from American Airlines (based in Fort Worth) so they want to fly out of Love Field in downtown Dallas. Alot of people from Dallas don't want that.

Welcome, we also have a Shaginwagon, just worked on it all day.

Now I just need to figure out how to save enough money to pay for gas and insurance

Yea, I feel for the younger people, I have no idea how they are going to get anywhere with $6-10.00 and hour jobs when it cost nearly that much to make payments, insurance, gas and repair costs.

Welcome, we also have a Shaginwagon, just worked on it all day.

Yea, I feel for the younger people, I have no idea how they are going to get anywhere with $6-10.00 and hour jobs when it cost nearly that much to make payments, insurance, gas and repair costs.

175185[/snapback]

hmm I have two jobs.. One at $5.65/hr for about 10 hours a week and another at $7.25 under the table for roughly 12-16 hours a week. And a $200 car insurance payment, plus gas (my car's not good on gas since I modded out the engine and put in a rearend) and $10/month for texting on my phone. And I have leftover money to work with. How that happens, I have no idea...

LOL, I too have 2 jobs. $7.00 at a supermarket for about 12 hours a week, and $7.50 as a chiropractic assistant for about 5 hours a week [read: man secretary :lol:]. I usually get $100 - $150 a week, depending on how slow or busy the supermarket is.

Insuranse is the killer, $170. As is the cell phone bill, $50.

Gas is usually $35-40 every 10 days.

So, estimating I make $400 a month:

400 - 170 - 50 - 120 = $60

I guess $60 in the bank isn't too bad :P

Hey Farkas.  New guy buys lunch. :AH-HA_wink:

174812[/snapback]

Yeah, Ocn, but first Farkas has to check if there's a Chili's around. Hehehe. :AH-HA_wink:

WELCOME.

Actually, I have seen your name in the active users section often. The only reason it stood out is because there was a girl in some of my college classes with that last name. Do you have relatives in Southern California?

ENJOY.

Actually, Farkas isn't part of my name :P

It is the brand that built my French Horn Holton-Farkas

See the pictures thread to see me wearing it on my head :lol:

We had a Chili's but they tore it down to make room for a TGI Friday's.

Edited by Farkas