Camaro Trim

Which do you want as the top performer?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you want as the top performer?

• SS (like fourth gen)
    • Z28 (like most years)
    • Other (ZL1 does not count)

How did the original lineup work? I've been away from my Chevy books for a while, and I can't remember if Z/28 (bring back the slash!) was above SS or vice-versa. I think the lineup should go something like LS, LT (a la Berlinetta), Z/28, and SS, maybe ZL-1 limited production for the coupe only. Also, a V-8 engine (4800 or 5300) should be optional for LS and LT models, instead of them being stuck only with a V-6.

I'd love to see Z/28 as the lean roadcourse performer it began as.

With that said, I love the SS tradition of being the highest horse version of each car. I have always loved SS Camaros, and if a way exists to make the SS king of the street and strip with Z/28 the roadcourse dominator, I'd be happiest with that .

So, no , I didn't vote.

BTW: choice#2 makes an incorrect assumption. In the years where both Z/28 and SS were offered, the highest powered version was the SS.

3LT

:retard:

I think you guys can figure out my answer, though as Camino said I think both can be "top" performers in their own way.

I'd love to see Z/28 as the lean roadcourse performer it began as.

With that said, I love the SS tradition of being the highest horse version of each car. I have always loved SS Camaros, and if a way exists to make the SS king of the street and strip with Z/28 the roadcourse dominator, I'd be happiest with that .

So, no , I didn't vote.

BTW: choice#2 makes an incorrect assumption. In the years where both Z/28 and SS were offered, the highest powered version was the SS.

187920[/snapback]

Dude,

You stole my Thunder.

I was gonna say what most Camaro enthusiest's should already know.

The Z/28 was for us Road Racer dudes and the SS was for big Horse power

Boulevard Brauling.

The Z/28 should have a high winding low weight small block and be built to stop and Turn really well.

The SS should have all the Heritage type stuff and the power to go with.

I'm not sure that there's a way to make the Z the handler and the SS the big power car. If GM did that, the mags would complain that the SS had worse handling that the Z28, even though it offered more power.

Maybe Z28 should be a package on the SS? You can have the SS, but then the Z28 could be lowered slightly, have better suspension, and maybe something else to differeniate it?

I'm not sure that there's a way to make the Z the handler and the SS the big power car. If GM did that, the mags would complain that the SS had worse handling that the Z28, even though it offered more power.

Maybe Z28 should be a package on the SS? You can have the SS, but then the Z28 could be lowered slightly, have better suspension, and maybe something else to differeniate it?

188870[/snapback]

Just making the Z lighter would go a long way toward doing this, gearing and cam grind would be areas they could also work with. It's more about tuning the whole car to do certain things: the Z could be tuned for road course and the SS for brute power and 1/4 mile performance. Suspensions and their tuning can change the whole personality of the car. It won't be as easy as just dropping a big block in the SS and calling it a day, but it could be done.