2007 SRX at Dealers Lots?? (2007 SRX Pictures)

jlbunting

• 2 weeks later...

it's much improved, and helps move the SRX towards a more desirable position. The plastics, in general, still look like they will pale compared to what's in....say an Acura 50k SUV. The look is less cohesive, less expressive, less tasteful, and less expensive looking than the Acadia and Enclave.

The SRX is outdated...but still a year and a couple new SUV intros from being irrelevant.

Ven, have you driven the SRX?  I have...and it makes my nimble M-Class feel like a wallowy boat.

I'm glad the interior was upgraded, though I'd have still wanted one regardless.

198658[/snapback]

No, but I've driven my fair share of RWD vehicles... several BMWs (3&5), Infinitis(G,J,Q), Mercedes(C&E), Fords(Mustang), & Lincolns(LS & TC). The overall package wins me over more-so than the feeling of being pushed or pulled.

Oh I wasn't debating that...I was just saying that it drives so well I want one even if it still had the $h!ty interior.

198671[/snapback]

Well, I think your statement was backed up by most of the automotive press. There is a reason why the SRX keeps winning the award for best Luxury mid-size SUV year after year and it has nothing to do with the interior.

it's much improved, and helps move the SRX towards a more desirable position. The plastics, in general, still look like they will pale compared to what's in....say an Acura 50k SUV. The look is less cohesive, less expressive, less tasteful, and less expensive looking than the Acadia and Enclave.

198493[/snapback]

You have to see it in person. The materials are first class and the real stiching on the IP is impressive. The pictures do not do the interior justice. What does not come across in the photos is the elegance of the brushed chrome accents and how well everything is integrated. It adds a lot to the expressivness and tastefullness of the interior. It is by far the best executed GM interior to date and with almost zero excuses. The material used on the IP top pad is not only intersting but unique to GM; show not only promise from GM but also that they are innovating instead of following. The material feels hand crafted and rich.

I have a few minor gripes like the vinyl inserts grainig on the doors. But that does match the vinyl on the seats. But my few issues are minor and by no means a show stopper. I just wish they carried over the IP material where that vinyl insert is.

I would also like to have seen more novel color choices such as a wine option. A less conservative color pallete would add a lot of perceived elegance to the interior.

These are just minor issues and given that the SRX is a low volume vehicle what I point out as issues is understandable. Not only is the interior very respectible on its own merits the MCE changes to the interior match the vehicle dynamics. Getting out of the 07, and into an 06 SRX, GM will get no argument from me. For the most part, this is a no-excuse interior and ranks up there with the competition. It is world class.

Now see my comments that I will post on the Aura for comparison.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...73entry199973

Edited by evok

• 2 weeks later...

That looks sweet.

Makes me think twice about Selling my VW Touareg I just bought and get a 2007 SRX.

I got the Touareg because the Interior was way better than the SRX but now the 2007 SRX looks much better. :thumbsup: