NEW FIREBIRD

If Pontiac revives the Firebird, should they put the firechicken on it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. If Pontiac revives the Firebird, should they put the firechicken on it?

• YES!!!! Long live the firechicken!!!!
    • YES, I guess it would be okay if they did that.
    • NO, its been done and from another era.
    • NO !!!!!! It could destroy Pontiac's image today!!!!

Please vote!  Bring back the Firechicken?

My question was inspired by Harley Earl's sig.  I love that Firebird chop but can do without 'the chicken'.

I would be ok with a subtle firechicken on select special models.  Like say 5% of production.

191345[/snapback]

fascia delete with an S.P.O. kit including hood with twin openings!

Voted: YES!!!! Long live the firechicken!!!!

(not holding my breath though) :(

Posted Image

Great Sig. MM. 8)

With all the Bi!*hing about the GTO Pontiac can't have it happing again.

I can hear it now "It dosn't look like a Firebird" or "It does not have a Bird on the hood" "No t top"! ETC! Where would it end.

There will be so much lame bickering that it is too retro or not enough retro they should just let it be.

I love the Birds but I can't take the complaining that will come with the name coming back.

At this point I think Pontiac would be better off leaving the GTO name and Bird name to rest for a later day. A new car with a new name carries no stigma or baggage to live up to and Pontiac needs a break right now.

The GTO was a damn good car and though it was a older styling it was far from ugly. Most never gave it a chance and the dealers marking them up were the kiss of death. I have driven near every year GTO made and there was never a GTO that was as fast or better handling than the 2005 GTO. Even the Royal Bobcat!

The folks who complained it did not look like a GTO should be asked what does a GTO look like? Then you would get the first gens arguing with the second gens. Either way Pontiac is in a lose lose situation with using the old name.

A new name , new start and better marketing will make the new performance car a hit at much less risk for Pontiac.

And no I don't like the G numbers either.

Voted: YES!!!! Long live the firechicken!!!!

(not holding my breath though) :(

Posted Image

Great Sig. MM. 8)

193465[/snapback]

Not to hijack the thread, but lately I've come to really appreciate the clean, almost timeless style of the late-70's to early-80's Malibus and Caprices. Especially the Caprices with less formal rooflines.('77-'79)

Posted Image

To contribute to the topic at hand, I'd like to see a non-retro, hatchback Firebird to offset the Neo-classic Camaro.

Looked good on the Trans Am's, circa 1977-81-I don't care bring it back with the Firebird-as an option! That's a nice Malibu, Mightymouse-what year is it? You know, Krause Publications has a Chevelle (includes 1978-83 Malibu and El Camino of all years) book out-go check it out! Resume to the Firechicken!

BTW, C.H.U.D-great idea! I was mixed on that idea, but do you remember the 1997 Rageous concept car? Yeah, its styling was wild and crazy and I don't think it was well-liked, but its one of my favorite concept cars, and Pontiac could use fresh, space-age styling right now, so why not apply it here?

I'm all for having the Screamin Chicken as an option on the future Firebird. I like the brashness of it. American design practices aped too much of Asian and Euro elements. American automakers have to start being American again. Who cares if EuroTrash types ridicule them...whatever.

If done well and updated for now, I'm all for it.

Man I like this car!!!

Posted Image