Yikes!

Cory Wolfe

I'm starting to realize that in less than one month, my younger brother will be 16. Not only do I tremble at the thought of him driving... he wants a truck, no less. And not just any truck. He wants one that isn't low to the ground. Hide me. Haha. The day he gets his license and starts driving on his own, especially if he gets the sort of truck he wants, will be the day I move far far away from any roads he'd travel on. :P

Anywho... While doing my usual dealer hopping, I did look at a few trucks for him. In Clarion there's 93 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 with a manual tranny for $2000. It's a single cab, short bed. Then theres like a 94, I think, Ford Ranger in Dubois for about $3000. IDK. I hope he goes back to wanting an Eclipse... :lol: But I'll have to show those to him.

Yikes. :D

And in other news, Cory Wolfe is still gay. :P

But, no, I'm worried about my lil sis.. She'll be 16 next August and, yeah, I'm not so sure about her driving my dad's GP (well, it'll be hers.. but she hasn't started driver's training yet, so that's good). Anyway, we're sitting there in the car today and I was like, "Hey, Jess.. turn on the left turn signal" And she was like "uhhhh." haha Then I called her a dumbass. :)

Edited by NOS2006

Your brother is pretty smart. Few vehicles are more practical than a truck. Not to mention it being higher off the ground so you get better visibility, etc.

That GM might be a worthwhile buy. I wouldn't worry too much about mileage either, considering your Millenia is now getting, like what? 15 mpg? :P:lol:

Edited by Captainbooyah

I went through this a few years ago with my baby sister. No problem. I mean she ran a stop sign or two that were in plain view and definitely ran a red light on a busy street, but what the hell...everyone makes mistakes when they're new. She's a decent driver for the most part. I think she is too scared of the yellow line and close to the shoulder when she drives, and she thinks I speed way too much. Meh...if that's all we can say about each other then we are good, yea?

Uhg...sister is going to be 17 in november. She's been driving for a year and what a crazy year it has been...

In fact, just the other day she was backing the X5 out of the garage and caught the mirror on the side of the garage busting the mirror glass and knocking some trim out of place. Luckily, Nick came to the rescue before dad found out. Sent her ass down to the stealership to pick up a new mirror glass which luckily they had in stock. Thankfully the worst that happened is the glass broke (and a couple small cracks/knicks that can't be noticed without taking the mirror apart). Took the broken glass out, put on the new one, and viola! Good as new. She was telling me the guy down there gave her a sympathy deal (which I was very suprised). She was telling the guy her story and the guy down there said the same thing just happened to his son on one of their cars. He gave her like 50 bucks off of the mirror. Very nice of him, very lucky for my sister.

That isn't even the half of what she has done...

Early one Saturday morning, Vipes emerges from sleep and looks out the window and is immediately perplexed by the sight of his Millenia, his mom's Sunfire, and his grandma's Cobalt, all parked side by side, really close together. Squinting in the early morning fog, he barely makes out a ramp, and, further out in the fog, the approaching headlights of his brother's Sierra, barreling toward the ramp that is set up next to the row of cars....

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vipes screams, as he runs down the steps two at a time and out the front door. But he's too late. The Sierra clears the Sunfire and Cobalt, no problem, but the truck's tires dive into the Millenia's roof, flattening it.

The truck bounces to a halt, and Vipes' bro jumps down out of the lifted GMC, grinning ear to ear. Vipes is not amused, and starts to run toward his brother.

That's when Vipes realizes he's still naked from sleeping. He dives behind a tree, but peeks out sideways and starts cussing out his brother, who, for some reason, ignores him. Then his brother starts yelling toward the house... "Mom! Viper's naked in the yard again!"

5 minutes later, Vipes' mom sleepily opens the front door, and, in a routine she's used to, goes to the tree with a towel to wrap Viper in. Groggily ignoring the damage to Vipes' Mazda and his loud protests, she wraps the towel around him and drags him back in the house.

Just as the door closes behind them, Viper hears his brother's truck starting up for another go at the ramp.

Early one Saturday morning, Vipes emerges from sleep and looks out the window and is immediately perplexed by the sight of his Millenia, his mom's Sunfire, and his grandma's Cobalt, all parked side by side, really close together.  Squinting in the early morning fog, he barely makes out a ramp, and, further out in the fog, the approaching headlights of his brother's Sierra, barreling toward the ramp that is set up next to the row of cars....

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Vipes screams, as he runs down the steps two at a time and out the front door.  But he's too late.  The Sierra clears the Sunfire and Cobalt, no problem, but the truck's tires dive into the Millenia's roof, flattening it.

The truck bounces to a halt, and Vipes' bro jumps down out of the lifted GMC, grinning ear to ear.  Vipes is not amused, and starts to run toward his brother.

That's when Vipes realizes he's still naked from sleeping.  He dives behind a tree, but peeks out sideways and starts cussing out his brother, who, for some reason, ignores him.  Then his brother starts yelling toward the house... "Mom!  Viper's naked in the yard again!"

5 minutes later, Vipes' mom sleepily opens the front door, and, in a routine she's used to, goes to the tree with a towel to wrap Viper in.  Groggily ignoring the damage to Vipes' Mazda and his loud protests, she wraps the towel around him and drags him back in the house.

Just as the door closes behind them, Viper hears his brother's truck starting up for another go at the ramp.

192874[/snapback]

I was going to write something about the Millenia getting crushed by the Sierra, but I wasn't going to put this much effort in. Nice story.

Early one Saturday morning, Vipes emerges from sleep and looks out the window and is immediately perplexed by the sight of his Millenia, his mom's Sunfire, and his grandma's Cobalt, all parked side by side, really close together.  Squinting in the early morning fog, he barely makes out a ramp, and, further out in the fog, the approaching headlights of his brother's Sierra, barreling toward the ramp that is set up next to the row of cars....

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Vipes screams, as he runs down the steps two at a time and out the front door.  But he's too late.  The Sierra clears the Sunfire and Cobalt, no problem, but the truck's tires dive into the Millenia's roof, flattening it.

The truck bounces to a halt, and Vipes' bro jumps down out of the lifted GMC, grinning ear to ear.  Vipes is not amused, and starts to run toward his brother.

That's when Vipes realizes he's still naked from sleeping.  He dives behind a tree, but peeks out sideways and starts cussing out his brother, who, for some reason, ignores him.  Then his brother starts yelling toward the house... "Mom!  Viper's naked in the yard again!"

5 minutes later, Vipes' mom sleepily opens the front door, and, in a routine she's used to, goes to the tree with a towel to wrap Viper in.  Groggily ignoring the damage to Vipes' Mazda and his loud protests, she wraps the towel around him and drags him back in the house.

192874[/snapback]

haha Good story.. :retard:

192874[/snapback]

:rotflmao:

192874[/snapback]

:lol: Hahahaha.... but wait... how did you know I sleep nude? :D

Posted Image

Is this the Sierra that your brother is considering??? 

Is that truck based on a Military 4wd chasis?  Those tires look Military-spec to me.  :o

192910[/snapback]

Used for exaggerated effect, which gave us Ocn's story. But it's similar, just not nearly as high. :P

Viper, regarding your sleepwear... dude... you post everything. I guess you don't remember telling us that?

Croc, it was a stream of consciousness thing that just flowed out. It's supposed to come across as a bad dream of Viper's. You guys knew I've written short stories, right?

I took my partner out on Sunday (he is 36 years old) to let him practice driving. He's Brazilian and has a G2 (can only drive with a licensed driver with him) Ontario license which expires in 9 months so he has to get his G license soon.

Anyway, first he goes looking for the clutch in my Malibu (he only drove sticks in Sao Paulo), then he tries to brake with his left foot. When I challenged him on that, he protested that that IS how they drive in Brazil. How can it be, I retorted, when THAT is the foot you use for the clutch! No answer to that one.

Then he runs right through a stop sign! Oh, do we have to stop for that one? Look, I said, I know STOP is PARE in Portuguese, but the bloody red octagon is pretty much UNIVERSAL. Russia, China, England - it doesn't matter. Red octagon is STOP.

Did I mention he is 36? I could only laugh. I know he hasn't driven in about 6 months, but I woulda thought the rules would be second nature after driving for, like 12 years in the 3rd largest city in the world!

He wants to buy an Aveo. I think he should drive a Tahoe so at least HE will survive the inevitable wreck.