Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sketch Competition #10 - GM Supercar

Welcome to Sketch Competition #10!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Its a bird, its a plane, its...a supercar!

Chevrolet's Corvette in stock form is one helluva car. In Z06 trim, its a monster. In forthcoming Blue Devil garb, it portends to be a true beast. Though it will indeed be super in our hearts, the most tuned-out Corvette is still a Corvette. Something truly unique is need to be GM's authentic supercar, one that bears no structural relation to anything else in the stable. Something captivating, enrapturing, and able to turn a middle-aged man into a wide-eyed child in under two seconds. For years, if not decades, General Motors has teased us with the supercar designs above.

Now, you bring it to life.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design a Supercar befitting of any General Motors division. Your sketch should include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:

-3/4 Front View

-3/4 Rear View

-Interior View

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views, the better, including ones not specifically listed above. Also, if you want to include special features, by all means point them out!

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this must be a GM-branded vehicle.. This runs the gamit from Saturn to Cadillac and everything in between. Remember that each division has even an ounce of racing blood in them, so a properly-designed supercar won't be held back by a mere badge.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Friday, October 20th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

here ya go... pegasus was actually an obscure one-off pontiac prototype kinda deal where they put a ferrari engine in a firebird... then remodeled the body a bit... i read an article about it called "Body by Pontiac. Soul by Ferrari" in a magazine a little while ago... figured i'd bring the sucker back... only ya know... less firebird and less ferrari and more... Pontiac supercar... so here she is... the V12 Pegasus

Posted Image

and i have a chevy comming... wonder what it might look like? heres a hint... im going in the direction of a concept that shares a basic shape with the car in my sig...

here ya go... chevy's mid-engined monster... the Mako Shark

Posted Image

im not sure which one i like better yet... i love both of these cars... and i think because the pontiac is a FE/RWD setup and the chevy is an ME/RWD... they could both be built and wouldnt compete with each other... altho the pontiac is definitely a little out there... i like the way it turned out... and im loving this Mako Shark...

good luck to everyone else who enters

Sounds like fun...btw what is the GM-related prize? Cuz I never got one when I won a contest...

200013[/snapback]

Prizes are forthcoming. I'm pretty much paying for the prizes, so I hope that reason is understandable. :)

I liked the old Cutlass of the seventies. Why not bring it back as a supercar available at all divisions. I used some of the Olds styling cues from that era: the twin rectangle grills, the vertical tail lights and added a 2006 style kick-up diagonal line to make it current.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-2634-1159745178_thumb.jpg

post-2634-1159745479_thumb.jpg

post-2634-1159745508_thumb.jpg

Edited by dart

Nice dart! One suggestion would be to not go too sketch in some details. Your car is excellent but the wheels and rims look like they were rushed. Take your time and try to put more detail into the rims. You have an excellent idea. BTW, go join the C&G Designer's Guild right now in the Lounge. You have major potential. Be sure to also post more in the Member Showcase. I would love to see more of your work. Just try taking more time but so far this is the first I have seen from you and you have a great start.

:blink::angry::banghead::censored::hissyfit:

NO!

NO! NO!! NO!!!

Monte Carlo = Large Coupe... some would call it a luxury coupe... similar to an El Dorado or Riviera... traditionally rear-wheel drive, recent incarnations have been produced as front-wheel drive which has created much controversy... Never the best performer in the Chevy line-up as that designation goes to the Corvette/Camaro/Chevelle but able to hold its own very well against the opposition's similar offerings.

NOT EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!! a Supercar. EVER!!!!! it should never even cross anyones mind!!! why??? why would you do that?!?!?!

Im sorry to say but I dont like that. Your Oldmobile is much more better and isnt ugly. The front headlights and grille set up is nice but the rest of the car ruins it. It looks too blown up or bloated.

200886[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback AR. I think the Olds might be better but I spent more time on it than I did on the Pontiac. Just wanted to explore some diagonal lines running down the back combined with the traditional Pontiac coke bottle side.

Sting Ray  I agree this would be a GREAT chop contest too (hint hint)....

BTW, ...NICE NAME !!!

OK, here's my supercar #2....The Chevy Monte Carlo Super Coupe (SC) ;

Posted Image

:ohyeah:

200173[/snapback]

Thanks!

and my supertruck is coming along...lesse.....slowly to put it in a good light.

SR

Aren't all the entries supposed to show a minimum of 2 views?

202369[/snapback]

i think that rule is stupid. unless you want to, doing two views is too time consuming. time which could be used for making more entries.

"Pontiac Shazzam for 2008." :AH-HA_wink:

Vipes, you've got so much going for you, right in your fingertips. I want you to go to school and do something with your talent.

Another excellent drawing.

here ya go... chevy's mid-engined monster... the Mako Shark

Posted Image

im not sure which one i like better yet... i love both of these cars... and i think because the pontiac is a FE/RWD setup and the chevy is an ME/RWD... they could both be built and wouldnt compete with each other... altho the pontiac is definitely a little out there... i like the way it turned out... and im loving this Mako Shark...

good luck to everyone else who enters

199019[/snapback]

:pbjtime: This Rocks, It reminds me of the Speed Racer car. I loved that car. Can I order it up with the saw blades please! :P

Great Job, this would be a great supercar for Chevy. Nice Job on the Pontiac also. :D

AR2005, I love the Shark concept..

Anyway, here the first sketch of my entry. In keeping with the 'heritage' theme Buick seems to be going with, here's the Buick Vigilante, a v-12 coupe based on that theme.

Posted Image

I'd like to model the final version in a 3D program. Is that allowed in the sketch competition?

Richard Bartrop

http://bartrop.purrsia.com

I'd like to model the final version in a 3D program.  Is that allowed in the sketch competition?

204475[/snapback]

Yes. As long as you're modifying original work, not a press photo, etc like you would in the Choppin' Competitions.

Guest YellowJacket894

If GMC made a car like that . . . well, I'd buy it, actually. :D

That is a great sketch Dart. Yours and A-Rev's will be on my ballot. :)

Edited by YellowJacket894

Here's the finished version of the Buick Vigilante, a 200 mph V-12 powered supercoupe that takes it's inspiration not just fromBuick's of the early postwar period, but other sports and racing cars of the time. Medelled from scratch, and rendered in Lightwave.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Richard Bartrop

http://bartrop.purrsia.com

Edited by rjbartrop

this is my final entry... made from boredom and curiosity... what if Cadillac made a production version of the Sixteen... as a coupe... with A&S all over the place? this is what it might look like... so here it is... the Cadillac Sixteen coupe

Posted Image

hi-po versions could carry the V designation and be known as the "V Sixteen" :lol:

Edited by 04monteintimidator