Wal-mart not THAT bad....

loki

Don't be fooled into thinking Walmart is doing it for that reason alone. They're tired of losing sales to iTunes and Napster. They tried their own online music distribution service and it was about as popular as an Isuzu dealership on a wet Sunday. I'm happy that walmart is using their clout on an abusive industry, but that doesn't mean I'll start to shop there.

Don't be fooled into thinking Walmart is doing it for that reason alone.  They're tired of losing sales to iTunes and Napster. They tried their own online music distribution service and it was about as popular as an Isuzu dealership on a wet Sunday.  I'm happy that walmart is using their clout on an abusive industry, but that doesn't mean I'll start to shop there.

205089[/snapback]

i know... but if they lower thier prices, either everyone else has to raise prices to compensate (for the RIAA), or lower them somewhat to be competitive...

if walmart stopped selling music, RIAA would just spin it to thier side saying downloading music has hurt the industry.... in some fashion

theyre already partially responsible for tower records going bankrupt. one of the largest record/cd music stores in the city is gone because walmart can

afford to undercut them. they take the loss just to get people in the store to

by the other crap they sell. they must be going after virgin now. most the older places folded long ago.

cds cost pennies to make anyway so no matter how you slice it, its gonna be a rip off. just sad is all.

I was sad to read of Tower's death. A saturday visit to Tower Records in Annapolis was a staple for me when I lived in Maryland.

There is a small music store in a shopping center very close to me. I have bought a few CDs there, but lately I have just purchased from Amazon, it's so convenient. I should pay the little store a visit next time I want a CD.

I am very anti-Walmart these days.

I never buy CD's online. Nor do I buy them at places like Wal-Mart, or even larger Electronics stores.

There's a Canadian chain called A&B Sound, which is owned by a Vancouver company. They always have what I want, and it's worth the extra pennies to shop there, because of their knowledge and customer service.

While I shop at Walmart for random crap I need, I will not buy CDs there. Damn censorship. Won't buy clothes there either since that is just... ugh. The sad part is that Walmart has age restrictions for so much crap now. I can't buy super glue there since I'm not 18, yet I can buy it anywhere else. I can't things like oil or gas treatment there either. It's ridiculous. Luckily when I have to travel to a Walmart, I dont have to travel any further for other places.

I avoid Walmart like the Black Plague. I hate the shopping experience there. I hate their busines practices as well. Just a depressing place to be anytime overall.

I'm also bias because my late great aunt ran a local store for years up until her death, and it was big stores like Walmart that hurt her and other small, customer friendly stores in the area.

Edited by Brandon Lutz

I haven't bought a Cd in a long time. I have XM, which has more Cds on file than I could ever afford to buy. Plus, if there is something I really like, I can record it on my XM box and then download to my computer.

$20 for a Cd is outrageous. I am not going to subsidize Madonna's trips to Africa to buy up babies.