Sky Redline Dyno Test

The torque curve looks very good; there is very little lag or drop off, and peak torque is amazing for a 2L, even if it is turbocharged.

There was only about a 12% loss of HP from the crank to wheels and only about a 5% loss in torque. I think it's safe to say that SAE numbers don't tell the whole story. You can still underrate engines judging from this dyno test, you just can't overrate them.

I went from someone who would never own a Saturn to a diehard fan over night once I saw the Sky at the NAIAS a couple years back. GM needs to do something tough to push the image of Saturn though. I still talk to people who think Saturns your budget POS, and these are guys workin in the car buisness. I showed a picture of the Redline Sky next to an Elise and my friend wanted the Sky regardless of anything else. If they would just push their vehicles on tv I think they could be doing even better, or at least get their rep. up a little quicker.

Therein lies the problem with this car.  I luv it in everyway, but would be embarassed to say I owned a Saturn.  I'd have to go with the Pontiac Solstice instead.

209407[/snapback]

That's funny, because a lot of people would be embarassed to say the owned a Pontiac other than the Solstice.

a lot of people would be embarrassed to say they owned a GM brand outside of Cadillac and Hummer. Now that GM has the product, some of it at least, and especially the Saturn lineup, they need to push it more and better. I think the Aura commericials convey a good image, but I hope they start going with something more in your face and ballsy, something that says I am Saturn bitch, move out of the way, in a less extroverted way.

Edited by turbo200

Right, GM has great products, but all I ever see on TV is a commercial talking about incentives. Its rare to see one that pushes a product especially a new product like the Solstice or Sky, atleast when Im watching. Dont know about your experiences.

And the thing is, Saturn has an image that will not change overnight. It could take a generation of cars to do that. And I wish them well. I worry that any sales of any of these new vehicles will be to the Saturn loyalists only. I don't see many conquest sales.

I believe that this division would have a headstart by either renaming it Saturn Opel, or just going for it and Opel only.

Saturn just does not equal edgy, modern nor cool. To me when I hear Saturn, I think effeminate, murky and dull. And the tagline, 'like always, like never before'.....what?, like always dull?....they have to lose that connection to the past. They have an uphill battle ahead.

Edited by HarleyEarl

"Like always" refers to the service and buying experience... the dealers are just as friendly as they've always been. "Like never before" refers to the cars... Saturn has never before had cars as good-looking as the Aura, Sky, or Outlook. So, together, they make "Like Always, Like Never Before." The buyers get the same great experience, but the cars are totally different.

I think it's perfectly fitting.

4 years ago, most 25 year old guys would be embarrassed to say they owned a Cadillac. Today, I tell people I have a CTS and it usually gets a "Wow, nice car man".

That's impossible and I don't believe it. You see; just last week Jerry Flintstone said that Cadillac is in a decline and everything they've done in the last 5 years is worthless. Or at least that's the way it read. Thusly... the people you're talking to are obviously lying.

a lot of people would be embarrassed to say they owned a GM brand outside of Cadillac and Hummer.

A lot of people would be embarassed to say they owned a japanese brand outside of honda or toyota. A lot of people would be embarassed to say they owned a mercedes or BMW (I would).

You don't like or appreciate Pontiacs. Great. Please God: end of story??

That is very impressive. Good solid torque across the board and the HP just climps to redline. Dayum!

I spoke with a Saturn dealer ealier this week and the are still behind on Skys. Can't get enough of them. They had 2 at the dealership, one was the owner's and the other had just arrived and was waiting on pickup.

4 years ago, most 25 year old guys would be embarrassed to say they owned a Cadillac. Today, I tell people I have a CTS and it usually gets a "Wow, nice car man".

That's impossible and I don't believe it. You see; just last week Jerry Flintstone said that Cadillac is in a decline and everything they've done in the last 5 years is worthless. Or at least that's the way it read. Thusly... the people you're talking to are obviously lying.

209528[/snapback]

<_< So we just accept everything Jerry Flintstone says as gospil? <_< Please, anyone can look and see that Cadillac and Hummer have hits on their hands and are doing much better than a few years ago. Now wether or not they stay there will show in the next year as new models come out. If GM can stay on top of keeping the product lines fresh enough to drive upgrades and conquest customers then they have the right team in place to drive and grow the business.

Personally, I think they will be there and get better. The bigger issue is wether GM can change fast enough to really drive all brands to new highes.

Perfect example is the need to have the Duramax in the Full Size SUV's and also have a baby Duramax (V6) in the SRX to compete against ehde R320CDI from Mercedes.

People will endorse a bio-Diesel engine that gets great milage and is quite just like a gas engine. It is what I am waiting on. :)

209528[/snapback]

<_< So we just accept everything Jerry Flintstone says as gospil? <_< Please, anyone can look and see that Cadillac and Hummer have hits on their hands and are doing much better than a few years ago.

211213[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Balth was being sarcastic...