Its DIY Day for my Aurora

Flybrian

OMG ITZ TOTALLY GONNA LOOK PIMPA@@ ALL YELLO +25HP!!11

Nah, just kidding. Actually, I'm going for the silver look. Some of you my remember us painting the calipers on my father's Bonneville red...

Posted Image

We finished doing his rear calipers red and now its time for mine. I'm going for an elegant silver look to match the general shade of the car. Before...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And after...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its now 1:03PM and I'm all done, just to give you an idea on how long this takes, including setup and cleanup. Approx. 1:30.

Looks very nice, Fly. It's more subtle than the Bonne's, but a bolder color would detract from the overall appearance.

BTW, how is the ordeal with the insurance companies/making your car roadworthy again going?

Z and Bim, nope. Actually, taking it to my shop of my choosing next Monday. It should only be in for two days since they have the bumper cover and fender pre-painted, though I'm getting a full week on my rental since with my coupons, it turned out to be like another $40.

Long story short, I'm coming out about $1500 ahead with the settlement and such. I'm satisfied. Progressive should've just fixed the car themselves because it costs them more since I decided to keep it. Oh well. My 'total' loss is their loss. ;)

BV, heh, mine are an inch bigger. Sorry.