Cadillac To Premiere All-New 2008 CTS In January

Cadillac To Premiere All-New 2008 CTS In January

Posted Image

DETROIT, Mich. - It is the subject of online discussions, rumors and spy photographers. It is the successor to an award-winning and popular luxury car. And it's coming in January. Cadillac confirms that the all-new 2008 CTS will make its world premiere in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

"Cadillac has engineered an historic renaissance, with a completely new product portfolio, driven in large part by the original CTS," said general manager Jim Taylor. "Success can drive conservatism, but not for Cadillac. The next chapter, beginning in January, promises to be even more dramatic."

The debut of the redesigned 2008 CTS in the marketplace is scheduled for late-summer of 2007 in the U.S., with worldwide exports to follow in the fall. As this new chapter prepares to open, the current CTS model continues to be an automotive success story.

"CTS has built a strong record of success on many levels," Taylor said. "It has exceeded our goals for sales volume, set new design trends, won championships in racing, and earned awards for quality and customer satisfaction."

Cadillac sold more than 61,000 copies of the CTS in the U.S. in 2005, compared to roughly 38,000 in 2002, an increase of 60% over that period. This sustained sales growth over nearly five years is counter to conventional industry logic that says a new car's hottest sales occur shortly after launch. There are roughly 275,000 CTS owners worldwide, and industry researchers say they are among the most satisfied in the automotive market. AutoPacific rated CTS as the top Entry Luxury Car in its annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards in 2006.

Memo for GM:  Stop putting lift kits on all of your passenger vehicles.  Lift kits for truck are good, not for passenger cars and sports cars.

213717[/snapback]

Corrected version: Memo for GM: Stop putting lift kits on all of your passenger vehicles and plain slab sides with no door protection. Lift kits for truck are good, not for passenger cars and sports cars and plain slab sides are good for sports cars and performance models but not luxury Caddys!

:o To me it looks like a Cigarette Pack high or about 3-4 inches off the ground. Not Bad, even if this is not the final actual look. I love this as a great update to my current CTS! :ohyeah:

I am So Stoked!!! :pbjtime:

Gonna trade in the old nice baby for a new bad boy. :P

Memo for GM:  Stop putting lift kits on all of your passenger vehicles.  Lift kits for truck are good, not for passenger cars and sports cars.

213717[/snapback]

You know, I've been looking at the picture off and on all day trying to figure out what your talking about, but I can't see what it for the life of me. Is it the high belt line or the high deck lid?

You know, I've been looking at the picture off and on all day trying to figure out what your talking about, but I can't see what it for the life of me. Is it the high belt line or the high deck lid?

213976[/snapback]

They are referring to the wheel well gap...apparently being able to stick anything larger than 3" between the tire and fender is too much for these folks. I too love a lowered vehicle and minimal wheel well gap, but calling this a "lift kit" is just plain stupidity. :stupid: I think they're smokin' something!

I would like to add that its a rendition folks, criticism should be reserved for the unveiling of the final product in the flesh(or at least a real picture). If this isn't a rendition, then someone needs to fill the tires with some air and take the Cadillac grill off the lower rear valance.

They are referring to the wheel well gap...apparently being able to stick anything larger than 3" between the tire and fender is too much for these folks.  I too love a lowered vehicle and minimal wheel well gap, but calling this a "lift kit" is just plain stupidity. :stupid:  I think they're smokin' something!

"Lift kit" is an intentional exageration to make a point. Settle down and quit resorting to insults. Election season is officially over - let's try to get back to a state of decency.

Yes, I am referring to wheel well gap. All of GM's vehics have a huge wheel gap - including the Corvette. Ask *ANY* 4th gen owner how they feel about the huge gap in wheel wells. The terms "lift kit" or "4x4" appearance have been around for years with the Camaro guys. I happen to be one of those Camaro guys and Vette guys.

It is just a styling consideration that I think GM has grossly overlooked.

"Lift kit" is an intentional exageration to make a point.  Settle down and quit resorting to insults.  Election season is officially over - let's try to get back to a state of decency.

Yes, I am referring to wheel well gap.  All of GM's vehics have a huge wheel gap - including the Corvette.  Ask *ANY* 4th gen owner how they feel about the huge gap in wheel wells.  The terms "lift kit" or "4x4" appearance have been around for years with the Camaro guys.  I happen to be one of those Camaro guys and Vette guys.

It is just a styling consideration that I think GM has grossly overlooked.

214238[/snapback]

IIRC, the reason GM has such pronounced wheel openings is for tire chains in areas with very inclimate weather: Canada and Alaska among them.

c|d