Canadians Love Their GMCs

HarleyEarl

Heh. I love her pointing out that the driver's side has no grab handle.

Does the Ram have one? Because I wonder if it was either something they forgot or didn't think about... or if it was a very subtle stab at the feminist movement :lol: .

Either way, it's great to keep hearing about how excellent these trucks are.

Good review, and interesting mention of the handle...my mother has now gone from an Avalanche to a Suburban, and though she loves the grab handles where they are (and the passenger's side "death grip" is one of her favorite car features ever), she too still finds it odd that 3 doors have extra handles above to grab and the driver's doesn't.

Never a problem for most of us, and I just presume that's because the steering wheel is intended as the grip for that size, but it still gets mentioned often.

On the other hand, it seems one of the most impressive things about these new trucks is their newfound solidity and body/frame strength. Not that the old ones were bad (we've had two, and they're still mostly terrific, and drive like small cars), but there was clearly always room for quite a bit of improvement in terms of fit & finish and body/frame tightening to eliminate some of the common chassis noise and minor buzzes over rough stuff. Can't WAIT to finally drive one of these new beasts to compare...

i believe that the idea is, that the driver should have their hands on the wheel, therefore the majority of vehicles do not features a driver's side grip. A number of cars that I've been in have been the same way: no roof rail grip handle for the driver.

220368[/snapback]

That's what I always thought, especially since I grab the wheel when climbing in. Depending on stature another handle like the others might be useful--if not just to give a different grip--but probably not completely necessary, hence it being left off.

Still, the fact something like that is even being mentioned speaks volumes of how much reviewers have to LOOK for things to carp on, given how great everything else has really gotten.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh. I love her pointing out that the driver's side has no grab handle.

Does the Ram have one? Because I wonder if it was either something they forgot or didn't think about... or if it was a very subtle stab at the feminist movement :lol: .

Either way, it's great to keep hearing about how excellent these trucks are.

217911[/snapback]

The Ram has one, as does the F-150 and even the new Tundra. I found it very annoying to get in and out of the GMT-900's without the grab handle. I asked a Chevy rep and she didn't know why and thought it seemed silly not to have it. Sure you've got the steering wheel, but you don't get as much leverage from grabbing it. <_<