Lexus IS-F

toyoguy

Posted Image

New Lexus Performance Vehicles to Make World Debut at 2007 North American International Auto Show

Wednesday December 6, 2:56 pm ET

TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Lexus will stage the world premiere of the 2008 IS-F sport performance car and an exciting concept vehicle at a press conference at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The IS-F is an all-new high-performance version of the popular Lexus IS 250/350 sport sedans. It will feature unique styling and a substantial boost in power from a V8 powerplant that will captivate performance car enthusiasts when it goes on sale next year. In addition to the IS-F, Lexus will unveil an exotic sports concept.

The press conference will be held on Monday, January 8 at 11:25 a.m. EST in the Riverview Ballroom in COBO Center and simulcast live to the Lexus display area at the show. A video clip of the press conference will be available via the Lexus.com and pressroom.lexus.com Web sites immediately following the event.

Lexus is going to have to learn that in order to satisfy performance enthusiasts they need to offer a manual transmission, and the IS-F is automatic-only.

224718[/snapback]

In fairness, AMGs are all autoboxes and people equate Lexus to Mercedes more than BMW.

It should have a manual option. Those tailpipes are odd. The color however, is cool. What will be the real determining factor whether or not this is a true performance caris if the IS will finally get good steering feedback, and the electronic nannies can be turned OFF. Otherwise, it's just another Lexus with a big engine.

Mommy, mommy, MOMMY... when I

grow up I want to be a BMW M3! :rolleyes:

performance enthusiasts buy performance cars.  Porsche sells many more 997's than BMW sells Mcars.

The Corvette outsells 997's by 3:1

224727[/snapback]

And this means Lexus doesn't need to offer a manual because...?

In fairness, AMGs are all autoboxes and people equate Lexus to Mercedes more than BMW.

224732[/snapback]

This is true I guess, but what about all those people who simply won't buy an automatic transmission? I, for one, would not have an automatic if I had the choice.

It means if someone wants a manual they'll buy a real performance car.  And don't be suprised if Lexus builds a semi-auto or DSG.

224807[/snapback]

What's the point of the Lexus F's other than being performance cars? If they're not going to be all-out performance models, why not just call it the IS500?

What's the point of the Lexus F's other than being performance cars? If they're not going to be all-out performance models, why not just call it the IS500?

224809[/snapback]

it's a luxury performance car. Driver comfort is still a high priority. The few people who want a manual in such a vehicle will shop elsewhere.

That's my opinion, in one month we'll know what it'll offer. I'd rather see a new Supra but this one has more marketing value.