Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

New GM hybrid rumors - focus group report

pow

got back from focus group...new GM hybrid???

Well, I was in a focus group this evening and it was about a new GM hybrid concept. I found out about the focus group online and only people that owned hybrid cars were invited to be in the focus group. This is the info that I gathered from the focus group-

New GM hybrid

-4 door compact

-0-60 in 9 seconds

-Top speed of 125

-You can get 40 miles on a full battery charge

-It is plug in capable

-You can charge the battery via plug in or have the car idle on gas for 15

minutes and charge the battery if the plug in is not accessible

-After the 40 miles on the battery you will be using gas and get around 45-55

mpg

-It will have regenerative braking

-Be in the price range of $27,000 with all the gadgets (bluetooth, navi, ipod

connection)

He was concerned on how we felt if GM started to become more in the market of hybrids. He noted that GM would be adding 12 new hybrids to their line (no time frame). Also, the avg mpg of their 23 lines of cars will be 30+. Then he wanted to know what we felt about a GM hybrid and many of our concerns were about reliability and such.

That is all I can remember. The guy said it was a concept, so not even sure if they would make it. But, wanted to get our input.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/showthread.php?t=10452

just curious how ...

"-Be in the price range of $27,000 with all the gadgets (bluetooth, navi, ipod

connection)"

is in comparison w/ other cars that could do something remotely similar.

sounds great for a commuter car if the pricing is decent.

these other "23 hybrids" sound good though, maybe some future cobalts and astras in there...?

"-Be in the price range of $27,000 with all the gadgets (bluetooth, navi, ipod

connection)"

227976[/snapback]

I was happy to read that article until I saw that sentence. What’s the point of spending $27,000 (thinking that you’re going to save money by using less gas) when you buy a brand new Malibu or cobalt??!!. Moreover, what the point of having “all the gadgets” (example: bluetooth, navi,) when you could save more money if it isn’t there in the first place!!!! This is really pathetic :nono:

for 27k i'd much rather drive an Altima SE 6 speed manual that will crack 6 seconds zero to 60 and won't be some frickin rattle trap prius sort of thing. then i can do smoky FWD burnouts.

or, conversely, i could buy a nice econocar, still top 30 mpg, and pocket 10 grand.

Edited by regfootball

I was happy to read that article until I saw that sentence. What’s the point of spending $27,000 (thinking that you’re going to save money by using less gas) when you buy a brand new Malibu or cobalt??!!. Moreover, what the point of having “all the gadgets”  (example: bluetooth, navi,) when you could save more money if it isn’t there in the first place!!!!  This is really pathetic :nono:

227998[/snapback]

Because not everyone interested in saving fuel is as interested in saving money. I'd buy a loaded Cadillac CTS hybrid if they made one.

for 27k i'd much rather drive an Altima SE 6 speed manual that will crack 6 seconds zero to 60 and won't be some frickin rattle trap prius sort of thing.  then i can do smoky FWD burnouts.

or, conversely, i could buy a nice econocar, still top 30 mpg, and pocket 10 grand.

228034[/snapback]

I would rather buy something like the Altima too, but there are some people that don't care about performance. In addition, I don't think you're going to find an econo car with NAV, bluetooth, etc, for $17k. The Cobalt goes over $20k without either, so it would probably be around $24k with all the gadgets this is going to have.

Could this be the "future product" heading to the Spring Hill Plant????

228563[/snapback]

I would guess this is at least 5 years away, which is too far for Spring Hill, at least as the next product to go in Spring Hill - there's enough room it could be added later, but I don't think there's any reason to believe they've picked a plant for it while it's still so conceptual.