Gun Shopping

capriceman

Well I'm in situation where I need to buy a new one soon. I have seen or shot almost any kind of gun you can think of so I have lost interest so I enlisted you guys to help me?

Rules:

Pistol

Price limit no more than $2500

Black or "blued"

NO desert Eagles or .22's. No Glocks Because they are pure and utter rubbish.

any one want to suggest a gun for me?

well I'm getting clearance for 2 guns right now.

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/index.jsp?l...rtNumber=723001

My last HK was surprisingly good.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml and I order it a .357 with the green stock.

WMJ you better be right and if not I would hate to be you.

Remember I own one of these.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm

http://www.opticsplanet.net/swarovski-habi...cope-57401.html

I order this scope the other day because the one on my 82 is too much overkill.

Merry Christmas to my self.

But I don't like Glocks because every one i put through my test has always jammed. I would think they would have better quality.

Thanks guys. And I do want to gold plate a gun now.

Sorry I couldn't come in on this one sooner, but I do agree with the XD comment, they're wonderful guns, and they're in the running, and currently leading the competition for the replacement for the standard US military sidearm, replacing the Berretta M92 9-mm. I, for one will be happy to see a .45-caliber weapon going back into service with our military. (for one, they should have never stopped using the M1911A1)

M1911A1

The one I had was about as accurate as a smooth bore musket. Not really the greatest pistol.

Edited by capriceman

One of my favorites. :wub:

Posted Image

well I'm getting clearance for 2 guns right now.

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/index.jsp?l...rtNumber=723001

My last HK was surprisingly good.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml and I order it a .357 with the green stock.

WMJ you better be right and if not I would hate to be you.

Remember I own one of these.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm

http://www.opticsplanet.net/swarovski-habi...cope-57401.html

I order this scope the other day because the one on my 82 is too much overkill.

Merry Christmas to my self.

But I don't like Glocks because every one i put through my test has always jammed. I would think they would have better quality.

Thanks guys. And I do want to gold plate a gun now.

Nice to see you choose the 357! An interesting side note to your glock jamming.... When I was in LA had a great conversation with a couple of LAPD bomb squad guys and one of them was real old school and still carried a 38 revolver, with speed loaders. I Asked him why he didnt carry and auto and he said cause he had a glock jam on him in a gunfight and that the revolver was reliable and he didnt need the extra few bullets with it. LOL.

I love glocks... granted that's only based on firing my buddy's 9mm

on about a half dozen occassions, still from what I've heard they

are great firearms and can be dropped in sand and will stil fire.

everyone is so very POLARIZED on the Glock issue. WTF is the deal?

I'm not a huge fan of GLOCK, sure, they're kinda inovative with the polymer construction, but everyone is going that route now and you can easily buy a MUCH better gun than a GLOCK for the money. If I had the bills right now i'd be buying a Springfield Armory 5" Tactical model XD45. Then I'd add a set of good Trijicon dayglow sights to it and call it a day, maybe do a trigger job, but the six XD's I've shot as of so far didn't really need them.

I wish I knew about firearms as much as I know about cars.

While in a very cool used book store the other day I bought

an 830 page, hardcover book from 1968 that is quite nice.

It seems to be one of the most thorough histories of the

modern firearm (hadngun) ever conceived. it looks like one

of those medium sized bibles. :D

I know so much about guns that i don't care anymore. I have like 8 gun safes in my house then i have another 25 of them in a pole barn up north.

mark 23 isn't that big. Carried one for about 3 years of my life.

Revolvers are fun to shoot and have but aren't the greatest for hand to hand combat. I just how one of those so called terrorists just F's with me one day.

The Beretta 9mm thats issued to me is ok. it gets the job done but its rather, blah.

Thats why i carry around my own guns. I will take my Browning High powers any day even tho its 9mm.

68: any gun can be dropped in sand or water and still fire. One a few guns pass the Brake cleaner test. Take it apart degrease it. shoot at least 200 shells non-stop. the Glock failed every time.

Posted Image

Aforementioned book about Pistols & Revolvers. I will not be completely ignorant for much longer.

Definitely the coolest addition to my book collection that is not car related. :metal:

I'm a Beretta and Kimber man myself. If you can find a Inox 92 FS or 96 FS Beretta those are beautiful guns that are reliable as well. I recently also acquired a Beretta PX4 and it is a dream to shoot.

On the Kimber side, well ya can't go wrong since they've done away with the external extractors. Springfield also makes good 1911's too.

Also, don't rule out Sig Sauer, they make fine pistols as well.

Looks like I might follow Cap on this one....

I'm thinking pistol too, but something easy to use...

It's more for the "just in case", I plan on practicing with it....

seriously look at a Ruger .22

Its perfect for what you want to do with it. But I know .22 seems weak. Guns are a personal thing tho. I don't think you will need a .44 dirty harry gun.

I will have to shoot the Springfield before i will judge it tho. If you want a Glock go for it! Its just that i know for a fact you wont be shooting 800 rounds a year with it. unless... your practicing for something criminal. :scratchchin:

seriously look at a Ruger .22

Its perfect for what you want to do with it. But I know .22 seems weak. Guns are a personal thing tho. I don't think you will need a .44 dirty harry gun.

I will have to shoot the Springfield before i will judge it tho. If you want a Glock go for it! Its just that i know for a fact you wont be shooting 800 rounds a year with it. unless... your practicing for something criminal. :scratchchin:

Hmm...could be a idea...

I'm not a wuss, but I want to make sure it is easy to handle. (and somehwhat light)

I don't want to end up shooting myself, and other stuff.

I see we are going to need them if you want to go downtown and gamble.... :rolleyes:

Why do you need a gun?

Most people do not (legaly) buy guns out of NECCESSITY, not in the USA anyway

I want a firearm for the fun of it, target practice is more fun than anything short

of activities involving sex & cars.

Did you know you can use a rubber nipple as a silencer? Or a can of soda or even a cat! (though please don't use the cat).

Why would i do that when i do have a silencer that bolts to on to my gun?

As far as Why?

Well

A. Im required to carry one.

B. I like Guns.

Glocks have failed on me many times and being in combat while being shot at with a jammed gun is not the greatest thing.

Desert eagle is to big to be (Concealed) and its hard to maneuver around with it. They are accurate and as far as I know there reliable.

Sig makes a wonderful handgun, I know some guys that are carrying Sig P226s around as their standard issue Berreta replacement and they can't complain at all about them. A IMI Desert Eagle is really overkill, and besides, if you think about it, a .50 cal Magnum Action Express DE runs you about 1.25-1.80 a shell, that gets pretty expensive on the ammunitiont side of the coin. Really a DE is used to scare the holy $h! outta someone, kinda like a long-barrel S&W Model 429 .44 Magnum. I'd really have to go the route of H&K, Sig, Springfield or Kimber, but if you're looking for something a little less, you can always go S&W (know more people with S&Ws and Springfields than I do the other three combined), and they're reliable, cost effective, and pretty doggone good shooting weapons.