New Year's resolutions - yours

Ok, me first:

1. I went to the gym last night - LOSE at least 10, even 15, pounds and firm up

2. Better management of generalized anxiety which at times rears its ugly head

Others which will have to happen and are sort of inevitable:

3. Modified career change, and

as a result of 3.

4. Relocation

I don't normally do resolutions, but this year I'm going to do something different: take a real vacation. I have so much vacation leave built up that I plan to take a couple months off this summer. I plan to visit Toronto for a few days, and I may go visit my birthplace, Sweet Home Alabama. I think the rest of the free time will drive me crazy.

• Go to dentist to get teeth cleaned. My teeth are fine, but it's been a while...
  • Go to orthodontist to re-align teeth that moved since I stopped wearing a retainer 5 years ago (the damn orthodontist never told me I should wear a retainer forever)

• Go to dentist to get teeth cleaned. My teeth are fine, but it's been a while...
  • Go to orthodontist to re-align teeth that moved since I stopped wearing a retainer 5 years ago (the damn orthodontist never told me I should wear a retainer forever)
:lol:

...roughly 6 months from today, I will get my braces off (did it as an adult) and my friend from SD told me I will always have to wear it...he got braces some 5 years after he got married, so at about 8 years after college...it sounds like you have to sleep with the retainer on.

:lol:

...roughly 6 months from today, I will get my braces off (did it as an adult) and my friend from SD told me I will always have to wear it...he got braces some 5 years after he got married, so at about 8 years after college...it sounds like you have to sleep with the retainer on.

Total BS, isn't it? Had I known about the "retainer for life" stipulation, I would have avoided braces like the plague! I'm hoping that it won't cost too much to get that Invisilign stuff, I really just want to use it as a new retainer.

Well, I've started one of my resolutions and that is to get in shape...the holiday season really screwed me over as far as weight goes (among other things) so now I'm back on the no-carb phase for a bit.

I still have a few other issues which deserve resolutions. I just need to figure out how I am going to resolve them.

1) To get physically fit.

2) To get up on my Christian studies, and to become a better Christian (in a way that I show others more patience, grace, and kindness; hoping to help more people than last year).

1. Start Swedish classes ASAP (done - got a call last Thursday and I'm starting on January 16th)

2. Start gathering school certificates, and medical, civil and criminal record documentation (relocation-related)

3. Finish classes by early July, with good grades (got an 80% on my Macroeconomics exam)

4. Start work on my thesis / final paper (I'm leaning towards something auto-related)

5. Stay out of trouble, especially re my boss (I need the salary to finance my studies and relocation)

5. Stay out of trouble, especially re my boss (I need the salary to finance my studies and relocation)

This one is especially pertinent with me right now....have I got some stories...sheesh....