Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Variance

Techinal Engine Name Trivia

20 posts in this topic

Below are some techinal names of various engines. Tell me the displacement, the number & configuration of cylinders, a car it was used in (make, model, and year) and the power (hp and torque) it made in that car. 1. KA24DE 2. VH41DE 3. G6CU 4. F23A7 5. B6284T

Okay this is going ot be about as effective as Hellen Keller writing a poem about rainbows.

1. KA24DE: Subaru engine? (flat four) Or perhaps it's a Datsun engine(Nissan)

2. VH41DE: VH41? VH1 on Satelite TV in DEutchland? All joking aside I think this was another Nissan/Infiniti engine.

3. G6CU: Mitsubishi SOHC four?

4. F23A7: Toyota engine from the 1980s?

5. B6284T: Honda/Acura V6? Edited by Sixty8panther

Okay this is going ot be about as effective as Hellen Keller writing a poem about rainbows.
1. KA24DE: Subaru engine? (flat four) Or perhaps it's a Datsun engine(Nissan)

2. VH41DE: VH41? HH1 on Satelite TV in DEutchland? All joking aside I think this was another Nissan/Infiniti engine.

3. G6CU: Mitsubishi SOHC four?

4. F23A7: Toyota engine from the 1980s?

5. B6284T: Honda/Acura V6?

[post="19111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. It is a Nissan engine.

2. It is an Infiniti engine.

The rest are way off.

#5: the sufix probably stands for turbo. Turbocharged Mitsubishi motor or perhaps a turbo-diesel VW or Benz or Volvo motor? Edited by Sixty8panther

#5: the sufix probably stands for turbo.

Turbocharged Mitsubishi motor or perhaps a turbo-diesel VW or Benz or Volvo motor?

[post="19145"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A turbo Volvo, yeah.

So far we have: 1. Nissan engine 2. Infiniti engine 3. Hyundai engine 4. Isuzu engine 5. Volvo turbocharged engine Any body know the engine specifics and cars? (BTW, is this too hard?)

It can never be too hard. :blush:

I've never heard of any of them, but I think it sounds alot better to say I have a LS6 or LS7, than I have a gee sick see you(G6CU) powered Tiburon.(or whatever car it was in) Edited by CaddyXLR-V

Isuzu engine by way of Honda? I'm thinking 1st gen. Odyssey...

Isuzu engine by way of Honda?

I'm thinking 1st gen. Odyssey...

[post="19360"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Close enough. The Isuzu Oasis.

im too lazy to look em up but....' 1) a Nissan truck engine, also made use of in the Nissan 240SX, power output is prodigious for a 90s I4, fuel economy was so-so. commonly swapped for the SR20DET, altho it makes respectable power when modified itself. Engine stats: 140hp until 1992 when it was uprated to 155hp. by the 240SX's demise in 1998 it made 155hp and 160lb/ft torque. 2.4L obviously... Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

1. KA24DE - Nissan 2.4 liter I-4 used in 240 SX and the first 2 Altimas. About 150 horses 2. VH41DE - 4.1 liter V-8 based on the VH45 used in the first Q45. This version is from the second Q (Cima), which itself is based on the Cedric/Gloria twins. 2066 horses 4. F23A7 - I was going to guess it was used in the 92-96 Prelude Si, but it's definitely a Honda code. If it 's from the prelude, it made 160. Don't know the rest.

Holy crap... are you serious??!!

[post="33093"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's a typo...I mean 266....the little lady was all up in my ear for us to leave when I was typing it.

The KA24DE is currently used only in the Nissan Caravan/Isuzu Como minibus/van, producing 138 hp under the JIS standard. The B6284T is an old Volvo engine: B=Benzin 6=cylinder 28=capacity 4=valves per cylinder T= turbo.

The B6284T is an old Volvo engine: B=Benzin 6=cylinder 28=capacity 4=valves per cylinder T= turbo.

[post="33247"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

see now that's a smart and logical engine naming system unlike all these honda/Acura and Toyota motors.

My NIssan is L24E for L = inline 24 = 2.4 liters & E for electronic fuel injection. Simple, logical and easy to decipher/understand.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0