Techinal Engine Name Trivia

Okay this is going ot be about as effective as Hellen Keller writing a poem about rainbows.

1. KA24DE: Subaru engine? (flat four) Or perhaps it's a Datsun engine(Nissan)

2. VH41DE: VH41? VH1 on Satelite TV in DEutchland? All joking aside I think this was another Nissan/Infiniti engine.

3. G6CU: Mitsubishi SOHC four?

4. F23A7: Toyota engine from the 1980s?

5. B6284T: Honda/Acura V6? Edited by Sixty8panther

Okay this is going ot be about as effective as Hellen Keller writing a poem about rainbows.
1. KA24DE: Subaru engine? (flat four) Or perhaps it's a Datsun engine(Nissan)

2. VH41DE: VH41? HH1 on Satelite TV in DEutchland? All joking aside I think this was another Nissan/Infiniti engine.

3. G6CU: Mitsubishi SOHC four?

4. F23A7: Toyota engine from the 1980s?

5. B6284T: Honda/Acura V6?

[post="19111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. It is a Nissan engine.

2. It is an Infiniti engine.

The rest are way off.

#5: the sufix probably stands for turbo. Turbocharged Mitsubishi motor or perhaps a turbo-diesel VW or Benz or Volvo motor? Edited by Sixty8panther

Isuzu engine by way of Honda? I'm thinking 1st gen. Odyssey...

im too lazy to look em up but....' 1) a Nissan truck engine, also made use of in the Nissan 240SX, power output is prodigious for a 90s I4, fuel economy was so-so. commonly swapped for the SR20DET, altho it makes respectable power when modified itself. Engine stats: 140hp until 1992 when it was uprated to 155hp. by the 240SX's demise in 1998 it made 155hp and 160lb/ft torque. 2.4L obviously... Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

• 4 weeks later...
1. KA24DE - Nissan 2.4 liter I-4 used in 240 SX and the first 2 Altimas. About 150 horses 2. VH41DE - 4.1 liter V-8 based on the VH45 used in the first Q45. This version is from the second Q (Cima), which itself is based on the Cedric/Gloria twins. 2066 horses 4. F23A7 - I was going to guess it was used in the 92-96 Prelude Si, but it's definitely a Honda code. If it 's from the prelude, it made 160. Don't know the rest.

Holy crap... are you serious??!!

[post="33093"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's a typo...I mean 266....the little lady was all up in my ear for us to leave when I was typing it.

The B6284T is an old Volvo engine: B=Benzin 6=cylinder 28=capacity 4=valves per cylinder T= turbo.

[post="33247"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

see now that's a smart and logical engine naming system unlike all these honda/Acura and Toyota motors.

My NIssan is L24E for L = inline 24 = 2.4 liters & E for electronic fuel injection. Simple, logical and easy to decipher/understand.