*Sigh*

Cory Wolfe

So... It snowed today. The roads weren't all that bad, atleast around Brookville anyways. I thought I'd go to town and pick up a few things, which I did. No problems what-so-ever, even with my near bald tires. After that I went to my grandparents to read the paper and chat and whatnot. Just the usual when I'm in Brookville. After 45 minutes or so, I leave. As I walk to my car. I look towards the road in the distance, it sounds like something is going on. I thought I heard girls screaming. I didn't know what to think, but I got in, pulled out the driveway, and headed home which happened to be in the that direction. Traffic is stopping and I slowly pull up to the car in front of me. I'm thinking "Oh.. an accident." As I watch out my windsheild, I can see people on the side of the road in a rush. What I thought I heard, I'm hearing. I see one guy helping a girl who's obviously in pain and looks to be hopping. They're facing away from me, so I don't recognized them. Some trucks leave in a rush. After about 15 minutes, someone ushers us past. As I drive by, I instantly recognize the car. I'm thinking "Is it? Maybe it's not." I pass the car, sitting sideways on the road, and notice moderate damage from what I can see, but it seems like it had to be worse... I didnt get a good look at it. Being shy, I didn't stop, but I was very worried. I could have sworn it was my Cousin's car. So I called my mom to see if she could call around to see if it was her and if so, was she okay. I don't know why I couldn't. I kept saying that I should've stopped and helped, regardless of calling around. The whole time driving home, this was on my mind. Once I got home, I found out it was, indeed, my cousin. She's alright, no head or neck injuries, though she did hurt her leg, but as far as I've heard, it wasnt broken. Her friend, on the other hand, was pinned and unconscious during the wreck. I hear she may have been life flighted, but Im not sure. I've been worried all night and I still regret not stopping, even if I couldn't have done anything.

So yeah, that was my night, how was yours?

Edited by blackviper8891

Don't beat yourself up over it BV. Actually today I saw an accident where an older Sentra rear ended a 2 gen old Civic. The Sentra looked okay-ish, but the Civic's bumper was almost all the way off, hanging by a couple of clips. Strangely, they were on opposite sides of the road in opposite directions, and happened to crash by where a cop was guarding a utility truck. Other than that, I had to fix a friend's toilet and then played FFXI pretty much until now. Nothing that eventful here...and most of the small amount of snow we got already melted.

An update. I went in town and took pics of her car. Also, stopped by my grandparents' again, to see if they knew anything further.

First, the pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, as far as my cousin and her friends, they're alright. My cousin hurt her knee and was wearing her seatbelt. Her friend suffered a concussion... she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. The other people in her car were alright. As far as what happens, she can't quite recall, but says she hit ice and she was going 50 (the limit was 55). Oddly enough, I didn't have any trouble in the same area and I was going atleast 60. She had new tires on her car, I have near bald ones. She's not a bad driver, I've ridden with her, but she's only had her license for a little over 6 months. I don't think she's lying, but my theory is that... With a car full of friends (on their way to a roller staking rink), she was probably distracted somewhat. When she came to this turn (its a sharp one that lies on the top of a hill... tricky when the roads are slippery), I think she jerked the wheel to turn and caused the rear end to lose traction. Being inexperienced, she couldn't regain control and ended up hitting a telephone pole on the opposite side of the road. The car basically bounced right off it and spun around a few times. Regardless, I'm glad they're all okay... I've been worried the entire time.

On a side note, I'm not trying to be an ass here, but are those three that posted the only ones that actually care enough to post kind words or anything at all? :huh:

Edited by blackviper8891

Man that poor Neon really got the snot beat out of it. It looks pretty bad, is it officially totaled or is it repairable? You know I remember seeing a black Neon with similar looking damage in the junkyard once...strange. I'm glad everyone's alright dude...hopefully her friend will wear her seatbelt from now on.

That's good. Right now the Intrepid's only got liability. It costs so much to insure it it. As it is it's over 2 grand a year, it's pushes it a bit past 3 grand with full coverage. I need to upgrade the plan, but I gotta wait till I have the money to. The Shadow's got liability too...but then it ain't worth enough to be fully covered anyway...the Intrepid on the other hand, is. Is your Millenia full coverage?

What happened was an unfortunate accident with relatively minor injuries. Good to know people you care for will be fine.

>>"On a side note, I'm not trying to be an ass here, but are those three that posted the only ones that actually care enough to post kind words or anything at all? "<<

Don't be an ass....

>>"On a side note, I'm not trying to be an ass here, but are those three that posted the only ones that actually care enough to post kind words or anything at all? "<<

Don't be an ass....

Yeah, sorry about that. I've just been stressed lately...

Her friend suffered a concussion but she's fine now?

As far as I know... she was released from the hospital with the others, so I would hope so.

Holy cow.... that's a pretty bad one.

I hit a metal lighipole 12" in diameter & a 8" tall fresh curbstone with my g/fs

Mazda GS-V6 at about 25mph and that was no where near as bad as this.

It looks like she did not slow down from that 50 she was doing by the time

she hit the pole. Cars can be replaced, as long as everyone is okay we only

have to mourn a Neon gettign crushed... BFD.

Take it easy in that Millenia, you're still a cocky bastard.

Whoa, that Neon's dead. Good that everyone's ok. Dumb girl, no seatbelt. I'd say a lot of the door damage is from the extrication.

EXACTLY!

No jaws of life needed to cut the B-pillar on a hardtop. :wink:

Car accidents can be a traumatizing thing. Glad to hear everyone made it out with minor injuries. It could've been much worse.

The Neon looks a lot worse than my IS did.