Damn cold...and snow....

CSpec

Not only are we getting the coldest weather of the season (so far) here, yesterday, we had some serious lake effect snow go through the area. I was driving home from work in white out conditions. Seriously, I could barely see the car in front of me. I still don't know how I got home.

Now the heavy snow is in the southern suburbs of Buffalo (I'm in the northern suburbs) and southern WNY counties and they're getting two feet of snow, added on to the two feet of snow they got earlier in the week.

If any of you are familiar with Lake Effect snow, it could be coming down 2-3 inches an hour in one section and 5 miles away we could have clear, sunny skies. That's what it was like yesterday.

Not only are we getting the coldest weather of the season (so far) here, yesterday, we had some serious lake effect snow go through the area. I was driving home from work in white out conditions. Seriously, I could barely see the car in front of me. I still don't know how I got home.

Now the heavy snow is in the southern suburbs of Buffalo (I'm in the northern suburbs) and southern WNY counties and they're getting two feet of snow, added on to the two feet of snow they got earlier in the week.

If any of you are familiar with Lake Effect snow, it could be coming down 2-3 inches an hour in one section and 5 miles away we could have clear, sunny skies. That's what it was like yesterday.

Ah yes, Lake Effect snow..fun stuff...I remember that from when I lived in the Cleveland-Akron area from '88-94. There were huge regional variations in snow fall..and in Cleveland itself I remember it snowing horizontally (wind off the lake)..

We had our coldest night of the winter here Thursday night-- -18F (set a record). It's up to 45 and sunny now, with some melting--it's snowed at least once a week for the last seven weeks..this is probably the worst winter I've seen in the last 9 years in Colorado. And it's only February..we normally get our biggest snows here in March and April..

Edited by moltar

You now its cold when your car doesn't want to start :angry: This spring time for a high torque starter and yellow top battery. my starter can barley turn it over and as soon is it fires i let go of the starter and the engine stops so i have to scratch the starter a little but then she runs good for the rest of the day. And how come your cars always break down in the winter? looks at truck in anger in the back yard...

So far tho this winter has been very mild so im pretty happy. I hope we get like 4 feet so i can call in and sit on the couch and watch bob barker with the better half... oh how i dream...

*sighs*

The Bears loss makes it feel even COLDER.

Go figure.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I ain't up to being strong now" ... Wynonna ... 'Is It Over Yet'

Yep, I understand that.

Sorry KF, I was cheering for Indy...

well i guess I'm not going to work on 2 reasons. One the Shops heat is out 2 the caprice can barely turn over. the ignition was frozen. I took all i had to get it to the ON position.

Oh ya, and it was -17C without the wind chill when I drove home yesterday. The Cobalt suspension really makes noise when it's that cold... that stupid little squeak I get when it's freezing only gets worse when it's this cold. Plus the suspension never gets warm enough for it to go away, so it's noisy the whole trip. Sound like the springs on a really old mattress.

Oh by the way... it could always be worse. Long-range forecast for Winnipeg, Manitoba..

Lovely..those numbers sound like how it was last week in Regina, Saskatchewan..two of my coworkers were up there last week visiting family...told me stories of it getting down to 40 below...

I WANT SNOW! The cold isn't as good without it.

*nods*

I agree. If we're going to have the cold, might as well have the snow, too ... to make it look a bit nicer ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Everybody's looking for something" ... Eurythmics ... 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)'