Camino and B&BL invade Z's turf

Camino LS6

That's me in the black.

Glad you made it home OK....pretty good time too! Sorry about getting you guys lost :banghead: That intersection where CR-21. CR-16, Montauk Highway, and Sunrise Highway all come together is pretty confusing. How was it on the way back once you made it to the LIE?

Thanks for the ribs :D

I'm looking at both cars back to back now, and it looks like you do have the stainless trim that you need for the drivers' side 1/4 after all. On the tan car, the bottom piece is missing, and on the parts car, the top piece is missing.

Awwww-some! That's looking pretty sweet for a parts car.

I've had a great experience every time I've met a C&G member in the flesh.

Even thought I did not end up dragging home that turquise 1959 LeSabre

flat-top 3-speed-on-the-tree back in 2005 I met several members and had

a blast visiting NJ & PA. Now let's hear the low-down on this roadtrip!

Z: you are absolutely right! I don't know why I had it in my head that the upper piece was missing. :duh:

Ocn & 68: It was a quick and dirty trip just to get the job done. But, with that said, it was great to finally meet Z in person. We teamed-up to get the beast up on the trailer (it took 4 of us). After leaving the previous owner's place ( a colorful dude to say the least) we had a great lunch, got slightly lost, and boogied on home.

The former owner had cars and parts all over the place: all sort of interesting but it was cold and we didn't have much time to shoot the breeze. So, we cut things a little shorter than I would have liked.

I wish I had gotten the chance to see Z's Vette project!

Maybe next time.

Awwww-some! That's looking pretty sweet for a parts car.

Don't get too excited. The floor's all gone behind the seats. She's probably a lost cause unless someone who's a master sheet-metal fabricator decides to give her a second chance. It is a shame that there is no aftermarket for these cars.

The former owner had cars and parts all over the place: all sort of interesting but it was cold and we didn't have much time to shoot the breeze. So, we cut things a little shorter than I would have liked.

Did you get to see the white early 50s Bel Air that he just painted? It was on the oppoite side of the house from where he kept the El Camino and the old Dodge. My grandfather had a '50 Bel Air like that in pale yellow.

Cool. Looks like fun. I've yet to meet any C&Gers, unfortunately...

Get your butt over to Carlisle this June. A lot of C&Gers are probably going. If I can swing it, you'd better be there.

Nice! One of these years I'll meet more C&Ger's I'm sure. I had a good time with Sixty8 on vets day '05 when he made a short visit to my workplace. Don't worry BV, good things come to those who wait. It'll happen.

Camino,

My Uncle, who owns the shop where I work bought an El Camino Classic new in '77. His was 2 tone beige & brown with rally rims & what not. The one he ordered had a 350 & a gauge package. However, he somehow ended up with a 305, and idiot lights. He got rid of it in '93, but it served him well without any problems. Congratulations on your find, and your parts car. Sounds like it was a great trip meeting Z.

It was an awesome day yesterday. Camino's a class act and BBL is a cool guy as well. We really do have a top-notch community here.

• 2 weeks later...

That's me in the black.

Glad you made it home OK....pretty good time too! Sorry about getting you guys lost :banghead: That intersection where CR-21. CR-16, Montauk Highway, and Sunrise Highway all come together is pretty confusing. How was it on the way back once you made it to the LIE?

Thanks for the ribs :D

I'm looking at both cars back to back now, and it looks like you do have the stainless trim that you need for the drivers' side 1/4 after all. On the tan car, the bottom piece is missing, and on the parts car, the top piece is missing.

wait he got ribs? i knew i should joined you two on that trip.... :hissyfit:

it was a good time. had some fun. enjoyed meetin with Z. Hey batman i think i got all of 2 ribs....and we ordered a full rack... so yeah. camino lets see some picks of the other camino! do you need me to come over and take the pictures? or can you handle it???