Ghost Rider

Hey y'all. I just got out of the theater after seeing Ghost Rider. I have to say that the movie was definitely worth the money I laid down for it. Followed the comic series quite well and really was cast pretty well. I can't really go into the whole story of the Ghost Rider without giving away parts of the movie. All I have to say is that its worth it and really good. I enjoyed the world out of it (then again, that might have also been becuase it was just ME that went to the theater, no family attached). There were also the previews for Fantastic 4 II: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and Spidey 3, both of which looked pretty good indeed. Anyway, has anyone else seen it, wanna see it, or saw it and disagree with me?

I went to see it tonight as well.

I've been waiting FOREVER to see the damn thing. It was originally supposed to be out last summer but they delayed it in order to do a little more work on the graphics. It did not disappoint, I would give it at least an 8 out of 10!

I like Nicolas Cage as well, but I will concede that this is probably his best acting since Face Off (Another phenominal movie) I was also happy to see Sam Elliot have such a big part in the movie because I think a lot of him. And, of course, Eva Mendes is smoking hot!

I had some complaints though, I think the battle scenes should've been more dramatic and I would've loved to see the movie be more dark over all. But, that said, I think it is like the first Spiderman in the sense that it serves as more of a foundation from which to build a franchise. The first Spiderman was good, but tepid and cheesy, which contrasts with the second Spiderman (A movie that is 'out of this world')

I've never watched The Fantastic Four, nor have I ever been in to the comic, but I must admit that the preview for "Rise of The Silver Surfer" REALLY peaked my interest. I had no idea that the Silver Surfer started out as a vilan in the first place. (AS did The Punisher) I'm extremely excited about Spiderman 3 now; it looks to be even better than the second movie. (Probably because of the dark undertones--- I'm more in to the tormented heroes than the good guys, like Spidey and Superman)

The preview for "Invisible" looked good too. I'll probably have to see that movie.

On a related note, I'm really looking forward to the second Punisher movie (The first movie still makes me choke up) and the next Batman (My favorite hero) since Heath Ledger has signed on as the joker and the dude from "Thank You for Smoking" has signed on as Harvey Two Face. Then early next year we can look forward to Frank Miller's "Sin City" follow up. It was originally to be called "A Dame To Die For" and already included a huge, talented cast. (Angelina Jolie left though, thank god) But it has been delayed.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I just cant believe Nicolas Cage keeps getting work.

Come on, Nicholas Cage is the undisputed king of movies that look like they should be terrible yet somehow manage to be incredibly entertaining. I think it's because he understands his limits and knows how to just get out of the way and let the action sequences speak for themselves.

I'm really looking forward to the new Halloween as well.

For those of you who don't know, John Carpenter comissioned ROB ZOMBIE (House of 1000 Corpses/The Devil's Rejects) to direct the new Halloween.

It IS NOT going to be a sequel or continuation of the other Halloweens. It is an ENTIRELY new franchise that seeks to re-invent Halloween (Not alter, just begin anew... THINK: Batman Begins as oppsed to the four preceeding Batman movies) which is a good thing IMO.

The new Micheal Myers is 6'10" (The guy playing him also plays "Rufus" in House of 100 Corpses and Devil's Rejects as well as Saber Tooth in the first X-Men movie)

I think the original Halloween is a CLASSIC, but I don't really enjoy any of the other Halloween movies.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM