March 07-FOMOCO sales

I am dumbfounded about how the MKX can sell 3k when the SRX can only sell 2.2k. I guess the MKX is quite a bit cheaper, but it's a whole hell of a lot less vehicle.

The Edge looks like it is off to a strong start. For Ford's sake I hope it continues, though I'm not sure it's as good of a vehicle as the sales would indicate, but perhaps I'm too harsh on it.

Isn't the edge priced about the same as a comparable Acadia?

GM's numbers are sad if that's the case. The Edge is a nice vehicle but doesn't come close to the Acadia in every aspect, I truly thought the Acadia/Outlook would outsell the Edge. My only guess is the larger size of the Lambda maybe is scaring people off in the mindset of price and MPG (even though it's competitive in all areas)???

I am dumbfounded about how the MKX can sell 3k when the SRX can only sell 2.2k. I guess the MKX is quite a bit cheaper, but it's a whole hell of a lot less vehicle.

The Edge looks like it is off to a strong start. For Ford's sake I hope it continues, though I'm not sure it's as good of a vehicle as the sales would indicate, but perhaps I'm too harsh on it.

I honestly think that the Edge and MKX hit the sweet spot size wise. I always thought that if the SRX was shorter and didn't have a third row it would sell much better.

Edited by Member55

Perhaps, but it looks to me that the Focus is outselling everythng but the F-150.

it is one of the few Ford models left that are being fleeted away. Focus usually maintains about 30% fleet volume ... plus it is constantly under incentives.

All Ford's new cars - Edge, Fusion, Mustang, etc are under 30% overall. The 500 broke to 28% last year, but it is being reeled back to prep for Taurus launch. SUV's are not doing that well with 20-30% fleet.

Igor

I've seen quite a few MKXs (two with "USC TROJAN" plates)... they look good in pearl white. I think it's the styling that is selling it... it's a very distinctive vehicle especially from behind. The grille is unique, too.

it is one of the few Ford models left that are being fleeted away. Focus usually maintains about 30% fleet volume ... plus it is constantly under incentives.

All Ford's new cars - Edge, Fusion, Mustang, etc are under 30% overall. The 500 broke to 28% last year, but it is being reeled back to prep for Taurus launch. SUV's are not doing that well with 20-30% fleet.

Igor

i bet camry is probably near 20% fleet these days. Sonata I bet is over 30%.

Don't the Edge and Escape compete for the same crossover buyers? I think the Edge will put the final nail in the Escape's coffin.

Escape is cheaper by ~$3.5K, IMO Ford is trying to have a crossover for every budget. It might be not a bad idea since the crossover market is the next money making machine in the auto business. Ford and GM used to rule the SUV market and while that level of dominance is probably not possible today I don't see why they can't be major players in the growing crossover market.