Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravenfreak13

Have to sell it. :<

34 posts in this topic

I prayed that this day wouldn't happen. I have to sell the electra. I can't find any good prices for bodywork and its too much for me to handle on my own. Its on craigslist for $7000 obo since the engine has less then 15,000 miles on it.

What kind of body work are we talking about here?

around the headlights theres dents which i couldnt even begin to imagine how to get out. on the passengers rear quarter panel, the body is all wavey from attempts of trying to move it into a garage by an old lady, and the general other dents.

That's it? and you want to sell it because of dents?

Thats a pretyt bad pic, have any clearer ones? Als you didn't mention the rust....where in NY are you?

I'd need to see some more pics of it before I could determine the extent of the work needed.

no prob, take your time...

Depending on the rust, you may want to start with an Arizona or California car later when you can afford it.

I'd love, love, love to see this car saved but if it is rusty....Good luck, and keep us posted.

Chris

Hard to tell from the pics, but it might be possible to pop a lot of that out from behind. Crawl into the trunk and see if that's double metal back there. If not, get a hammer and dolly. Have one person hold the dolly and the other hit the dolly from behind. You won't get it perfect but you'll minimize the amount of body filler you need to use. You might be able to do a similar thing with the fenders, but you at least have the luxury of changing them with a better set (assming they're available).

EDIT: Thanks for the new pics - they do help. Looks like you'll have to dissemble the interior a bit to get at the rest of that quarter panel damage. Don't just sand the rust, eliminate it, cover it with rust encapsulating paint, and you'll probably have to put a thin wipe of filler there to fill the pitted metal. As for the fenders, yeah that's going to be pretty tough to get out. Try to find a good set of fenders before deciding if it's worth the effort to fix the ones you have.

WHat year is this beast? I'd suggest doing the work....that car would be one mean looking ride fixed up. The condition it' sin right now, I doubt you'd get 7 grand for it.

d'oh should have looked at the sig...well for the money you'd spend (assuming from the sale of this car) to buy something else...I would suggest saving that money in another way and fix up the Buick. If it has less than 15K on it, why not restore it little by little?

Ya. Im gonna keep it. You've saved the buick from leaving my driveway. I think I'll start with the smaller dents. The more I do myself, the less I spend for bodywork.

Well good luck with it

No one works on old cars around here. Except for the high priced bady shops.

I know it might seem like you've misspelled that, but its an accurate description of some of those places' work.

That site sound interesting Joe, I may have to look into that myself

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room