Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

I'm so smrt!

26 posts in this topic

Yeah so, I'm on vacation this week. I leave to go camping tomorrow and I bought a new tent that sets up in the truck bed. It got here fast, I ordered it Friday and it came on Saturday. So I put the truck in the backyard, took off the tonneau and did a test set-up. All the hype on the box said "20 minute setup!" Yahright. An hour later and I finally got the thing erected. The tent is made by a Canadian manufacturer, so the instructions were written in English... with a French accent. Oui? Non. :rolleyes:

Anyway... ha, I hope to look less like a retodd tomorrow at the campground setting this thing up.

An hour later and I finally got the thing erected.

Posted Image

:lol:

Ok, you guys wanna see my tent?

Posted Image

I thought you might. Here it is with the rainFly attached, it has two nice side windows and a canopy out the back you can set up on poles.

Edited by ocnblu

Very cool....what do you plan to put down on the bed so you don't feel the rides or whatever the bed's steel has stamped into it.

Custom-S: Lord. :AH-HA_wink:

Delta, I have a BedRug bedliner in the truck, foam-backed with an indoor-outdoor carpet type surface, so it's fine. Plus I have an air mattress to stick in there if I need it.

Very cool...have fun :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll try. :)

Well thanks usonia. It is storming tonight, I hope it's overwith by morning. Nothing worse than setting up a tent in the rain. Edited by ocnblu

Posted Image

I thought you might. Here it is with the rainFly attached, it has two nice side windows and a canopy out the back you can set up on poles.

Sweet! :thumbsup:

That's a good enough reason to get the blue silverado WT I saw tonight.... :thumbsup:

if I weren't selling the Avalanche, I'd buy it's version of this.

still, I get away with just leaving the tonnue covers on and sleep on an airmatress with my head in the cab.

Smells like Asstek! :o

Fixed :P

It is cool though...I wanna go camping.

Posted Image

I think you voided your GM warranty, it expressly states, no blue and tan igloos unless you're in Canada and only in the Northwest Territories at that. Otherwise a phoo phoo French guy from GM Du Canada will beat you with half a loaf of French bread, until you're back in your driveway safe and sound. :smilewide:

Hey ocnblu,

That is cool :).

Have FUN!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"A little vacation, ain't asking very much" ... Tim McGraw ... 'All I Want Is A Life'

Fun. Speaking of tents... Mine is has been up since Saturday down on our property. Had a party that night and I keep forgetting to go over and take it down. :P

Thanks peeps. I leave at noon, so you won't have ocn to kick around anymore (well, until Sunday evening, ha). reg, you big stud :AH-HA_wink: . Custom-S, that's not "french bread". Vipes, did you party with your new boy?

God, I hope the rain is over.

Fun. Speaking of tents... Mine is has been up since Saturday down on our property. Had a party that night and I keep forgetting to go over and take it down. :P

Aren't you supposed to seek medical help if your tent last more than 4 hours? I've seen those commercials. :AH-HA_wink:

Cool setup,Ocn!

T-storms this PM, so don't be slow setting that thing up!

Well, made it home. Work tomorrow. <_<

Had a lot of compliments and questions about my camping rig, truck and tent.

I got the tent up, sprayed with silicone seam sealer and covered with the rain fly with just a bit of time to spare, it did rain Thursday afternoon/evening, and was cool in the Poconos Mountains each night. Sunny and nice the rest of the time. It was good being off the ground.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0