Passport process = fcuked

Passport agency received my renewal application and paperwork on April 5th.

Today, I finally got word.

Last Name: DOWDELL

Date Of Birth: 11/07/1978

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 07/14/2007

Over 3 months for a renewal!?!? I can't imagine what new passport applicants must wait for.....

Today, I finally got word.

Last Name: DOWDELL

Date Of Birth: 11/07/1978

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 07/14/2007

Over 3 months for a renewal!?!? I can't imagine what new passport applicants must wait for.....

Something must have slowed them down. My mother's took only 6 weeks (she did it last year), and mine (albeit was over 7 years ago), took about 5-6 weeks too.

My wife just applied for a passport last night here in NJ. She's travelling at the end of September to her compnay's headquarters in Denmark, so she had to get it expedited (meaning 6-8 weeks instead of 10-12 weeks, at a wonderful additional $60 fee). I told her to keep on top of it, as it will come just in time for her trip.

Unless you live on a "border" state you probably wouldn't be aware of the huge backlog both our countries are experiencing, due to the new regulations that were to take in effect this year (but I now understand have been delayed again) that will require all persons crossing the U.S/Canada border to show a passport. Homeland Security has been pressing for this for a couple years. Washington has approved it, I believe, but various governors of Michigan, New YOrk and others have been opposing it.

For Canadians, it usually takes 10 days or so to get a passport for pick up, but my partner was recently warned that it may be "several weeks."

Um yeah I am banned from CA UK and the rest of the Europe so I have no need for one. As for why i am banned its a long story but I can get into Canada by boat almost any day.

Edited by capriceman

Wow. I've been thrown out of a few places but I yet to get banned from a whole continent. :ph34r:

Australia will ban your ass just for trying to show a Koala what a Cincinnati Bowtie is. Donkey Punching a kangaroo is punishable with prison time.

All of the plaques and such in the post office indicate a lengthier processing time. My last one, in 2000, took no more than 1 month, if I recall.

At any rate, there´s plenty over here to bitch about (will be a separate thread)...namely the prices. Take everything you see in Euros and multiply it by 1.39. That´s 1.37 for the exchange and .02 for the c.c. tag-on. I am cancelling my circle of the Veneto and the Dolomites to save 4 nights hotel, a rental car charge of 170 E, gas and tolls and will head back to Florence to the relatives to take day trips. In fact, I am trying to see if I can come home a week early, which could be tricky on a frequent flyer ticket.

I was banned from the Excited States for a few years back in the late '80s. I had the misfortune of getting caught with 3 joints in my jacket pocket in my BF's cigarette pack - and my jacket was casually thrown over the back of my seat in my pick up, while we passed from Saskatchewan into North Dakota back in '84. The Sherrif "misinformed" me that possession was only a misdemeanor in that State, like a parking ticket. He even said if I was pulled over for a speeding ticket in Florida it wouldn't show on their computer. I was given the choice of a $300 fine and plead guilty, or post a $300 bond and then fly back a few weeks later to appear in court. Some choice. Ah, but "importation" is a Federal offense, and U.S. Customs slapped me with an "undesireable alien" order and booted me back across the border. <_<

I tried unsuccessfully to cross the border over the next 2 or 3 years, but then one day in Buffalo, they checked me over and let me go. Wierd. I've never had a problem crossing since 1990 or so. A lawyer I talked to when I got back said if I'd crossed at Buffalo or Detroit, they would've just flushed the joints in the toilet and sent me on my way. I probably made front page news in that small town in North Dakota!

They weren't even my joints!!!! :censored:

Wow. I've been thrown out of a few places but I yet to get banned from a whole continent. :ph34r:

Well Its something i really can't discuss in a public forum. It would be illegal.

It deals with something to do with a court marshal and a crime against your ally. It was really shady. If you want to know some basic details drop me a PM, but i can't go into full detail.

Postal Service - 1

Passport Office - 0

Passport office receives my renewal on April 5th, claims 12 week turn around, actual time = 14 weeks

Postal Service receives my new passport July 11th, claims 4 day delivery time, actual time = 24 hours.

Postal Service FTW.

I think the State Department should move the Passport office to China. There are several benefits, really.

1) Cheaper, of course.

2) No pesky labor unions, health and safety standards, etc. to deal with

3) Wal-Mart can distribute them.

4) Any manager failing production quotas can simply be executed.

The backlog would be caught up in a couple weeks, not September.