SPY SHOTS! 2010 Porsche Panamera

2010 Porsche Panamera
Latest Look
Posted Image
Link to Original Article @ AutoWeek | Published 07/10/07, 3:30 pm et

Porsche’s four-door Panamera keeps lapping the Nürburgring, as these photos taken hours ago near the main entrance of the “ring” show.

Due for a formal unveiling at the 2009 Geneva motor show, Porsche’s Panamera is expected to be a strong competitor for the Mercedes CLS and the future Aston Martin Rapide, as well as Volkswagen’s coming four-door coupe.

Though the Panamera takes design elements from the 911 range, there are obvious significant differences. While the 911 has always kept its rear-mounted boxer engine, the Panamera will have a choice of three front-mounted powerplants, though they’ll be set back toward the center of the car as much as possible and behind the front axle for balance.

The entry-level mill will be VW’s 3.6-liter, 300-hp V6, while Porsche’s own drivetrain will be a direct-injection 4.8-liter V8 borrowed from the Cayenne, available in naturally-aspirated guise at 350 hp and with twin-turbos at 560 hp. A range-topping model equipped with the Porsche GT’s 700-hp V10 engine is also a rumored possibility.

Panamera is intended to be a true sports car, while at the same time offer a family a car for everyday use with four full seats, easy access to the rear and a good-sized luggage compartment.

When it hits the road in ’09, Porsche hopes to sell 20,000 to 30,000 annually, with a third coming to North America.

More Spy Shots at...
Spy Shots @ Autoblog
Spy Shots @ Edmunds

Due for a formal unveiling at the 2009 Geneva motor show, Porsche’s Panamera is expected to be a strong competitor for the Mercedes CLS and the future Aston Martin Rapide, as well as Volkswagen’s coming four-door coupe.

Is it not a sad day when Porsche is actually concerned about a VW?

Both the CLS and the Aston Rapide kill this in terms of looks IMHO... If I had the money I'd take the 911 if I wanted a Porsche, and let other manufacturers cater for my space and practicality needs.

Damn.... I love it! :D

I remember doodling 4dr 911 Turbos in highschool in the mid 1990s.

Now THAT would be a neat car.