SUV Update

OK, today we did some more looking for whatever is going to replace our 2005 Chevy Equinox LT AWD in 2008. My wife has disqualified the following SUV's.

2008 Buick Enclave - To Expensive

2008 Saturn Outlook - Doesn't like the grille or the dealer.

2008 Saturn Vue - Seems smaller, looks like a Vibe, hates the dealer.

2008 Chevy Equinox LT AWD and TrailBlazer, I disqualified these, I hate our Chevy dealer.

Still in the running.

2008 GMC Acadia

2008 GMC Envoy

2008 Pontiac Torrent AWD

Well the Acadia & Torrent have identical safety ratings for side/front/rollover, the Envoy somewhat less.

So I guess it will be between the Acadia & Torrent. So my GM Employee discount and what offers if any we have at this time next June- August. Normally for GM Employee discounts the more expensive the vehicle the more we get off the price, but it's all relative.

PCS, what options were you looking at on the Acadia? I assume you want AWD, since that is what the Equinox you own has... but I don't know what else you would want, and was going to price an Acadia and Enclave to show you that the Enclave is not that much more, and the better option if you don't perfer the Acadia stylistically.

Because I don't know what you want, I went ahead and loaded up an Enclave CXL and an Acadia SLT2 (every box was checked on each except for extra-cost paint and HUD on the Acadia since the Enclave doesn't offer it, I also didn't get the chrome wheels on the Enclave since the Acadia doesn't offer them). The MSRP on the Enclave (without extra-cost paint or the chromes) was $44,645. The MSRP on the Acadia (without HUD) was $44665. Now, if you don't go for the 19s on the Acadia that drops the price to $43370, but you get 19s on the Enclave and 18s on the Acadia (not sure if you care, though). Perhaps the Acadia comes in cheaper if you go with the more basic models, but I just thought I'd show you that at least on the top-of-the-range models, the Acadia actually turns out to be slightly more when equipped similarly.