Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Top10 Most Unpopular Cars in China

In the first half of this year, 34 new models have hit the market, and 21 of those were revamps of older models. Of those only a few flourished, so now Gasgoo will list those that flopped in The Top 10 Most Unpopular Cars in China.

1. Honda’s Acura TL

2 Mitsubishi Galant

3. Fiat Perla

4. Kia Rio

5. FAW Vitz

6 Suzuki Liana

7 Hyundai Sonata

8 Ford S-Max

9 Toyota Prius

10 GM Park Avenue

Original Gasgoo artical with a comment on each car as to why they considered it to have flopped:

http://www.gasgoo.com/autobiz/2733/Top10-M...ina-Update.html

Edited by douglask

Only 934 Park Avenue’s were sold in its first six month of production.

This model was formerly known as Holden WM Caprice/Statesman. Park Avenue then took on the important task of upgrading the Buick brand, but its redesign didn’t do anything for its low market share. Park Avenue was set to replace Buick Royaum as their flagship model, the latter being out of production in order to make way for Park Avenue, but people's doubt’s about its origin and lack of marketing baulked the highly-expected sedan.

People's doubt about its origin? What does that mean? Edited by ZL-1

Waaaait a minit... does this mean what I think it means? The KINGS of automotive rip-offs, the Chinese, are actually displeased that the Park Avenue is a rebadge of the Holden Caprice? LAWL! And we smrt Americans get the G8... oh, the irony... :AH-HA_wink: Edited by ocnblu

Waaaait a minit... does this mean what I think it means? The KINGS of automotive rip-offs, the Chinese, are actually displeased that the Park Avenue is a rebadge of the Holden Caprice? LAWL! And we smrt Americans get the G8... oh, the irony... :AH-HA_wink:

They only like ripoffs made by their own countrymen/ women. :lol:

1. Honda’s Acura TL

Last Sep., One of Honda's most popular models was released in China with hopes of American like popularity. Honda main model in China, The Acura TL, sold less than 200 units during H1. Acura encountered a Waterloo for the unsuccessful marketing strategy.

The distributor offered a price-cut last month. Acura TL's advanced equipments like the intelligent key, navigation system were applied only on the demand of customers who would pay the bill. In contrast, most imported premier cars are readily equipped, so it's no wonder that Acura TL faced such a low sales result.

Oh nooos1!!

Where's my honda death watch page!?

Waaaait a minit... does this mean what I think it means? The KINGS of automotive rip-offs, the Chinese, are actually displeased that the Park Avenue is a rebadge of the Holden Caprice? LAWL! And we smrt Americans get the G8... oh, the irony... :AH-HA_wink:

The Chinese are a wise people, they don't want the Holden BS either! :P

• 4 months later...

Well when you take a Holden Caprice and slap a Buick grille on it and upgrade the interior and charge huge sums of money what do you expect. I never bought into the silly fad of the way overrated China Park Ave. Yes it does have a nice interior and it's rear drive. But it looks like a bland souless appliance with little to any Buick in the styling. It doesn't even have port holes.

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't be surprised that the Park Ave is on the list. Given that the general public aren't able to afford a car, let alone a car that's aimed at the luxury flagship level. Plus people who are wealthy enough generally would want an S-Class.

I think you hit it right on. Add to that it's so big that it would have a hard time going down most of their roads.

It's not bad car, just a little too much for them. There is a good chance it would have been a hit in the states though.