Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

I am so smrt

13 posts in this topic

Bleh, I never set up Word when I got this computer a few years ago. I rarely use it, but yesterday I got an email from my dad about our big family reunion this weekend, and there's a Word attachment with the itinerary I'm supposed to print out.

When I try to print it, it says I need to set it up and I need to furnish my "product key", a 25 digit number, which was supposed to be written on the CD case, I guess, or the book... somewhere. That stuff is all gone, I don't know of a way to find that product key now.

Can anyone help me set up Word so I can print this document? Many thanks.

First you need to tell us what version of Word you have, so we can get a proper key... Mr. Smrty Pants.

"Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003" :unsure:

"Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003" :unsure:

I'm not sure it'll work, but I have the key for the full version of Office 2003. Check your Inbox.

Try Google Documents. It can open and print Word files online, for free. I don't even have Office installed anymore.

If you don't fix it by tomorrow, I'm sure I can scrounge up a key tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone.

If all else fails, download a free office suite like Staroffice, it opens/reads/writes MS Office documents.

You can download a smaller version from pocketapps.org , designed to run apps like firefox, staroffice etc on usb keys/any computer without needing to install first.

Bleh, I never set up Word when I got this computer a few years ago. I rarely use it, but yesterday I got an email from my dad about our big family reunion this weekend, and there's a Word attachment with the itinerary I'm supposed to print out.

When I try to print it, it says I need to set it up and I need to furnish my "product key", a 25 digit number, which was supposed to be written on the CD case, I guess, or the book... somewhere. That stuff is all gone, I don't know of a way to find that product key now.

Can anyone help me set up Word so I can print this document? Many thanks.

Same thing here man. Sucks ass.

Hello Bill Gates, this is Börger! I'd like to report that ocnblu has preformed software piracy against you and Microsoft. No need to thank me sir, just doing my duty, as an upstanding citizen, and for truth, justice and the American way! :P

Nice guy, that Custom-S(hithead). <_< :AH-HA_wink:

Nice guy, that Custom-S(hithead). <_< :AH-HA_wink:

Bill Gates called, he said for you punishment you must watch this video! :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0