Fly's Le Sabre Bon Voyage on Saturday

Just wanted to get a grip on who all is going to be here on Saturady to see Fly off on his journey.

I don't know what we are going to be doing (after wasting a few hours checking out cars and talking cars). Going to have dinner somewhere has been suggested, which might be the best idea because it is going to be very hot and humid here according to the forecast.

Anyway, I wanted to warn the neighbors (I live on a shared driveway) about the cars that will be showing up, so please confirm that you are coming in this thread.

Should be a good time.

I am guessing that we will be back from the airport at about 1:30 or so.

Please, everyone who is coming, 15 MPH on the lane (driveway), its a big issue with the neighbors.

I'm guessing that a thorough inspection of the LeSabre, and the barn, will take us to 3:30 or so.

At that point, we could go across town and check out the '38 Dodge if everyone is game.

Then dinner?

I still haven't talked to the wife yet, so I'll make it a priority Thursday to find out and let you know (she's sleeping now, and I learned it's not in my best interest to wake her up for a question like that!!!).

Again, I'll be in Macungie until 4 or 5 PM... I'm not sure how long it would take me to get to your place from there, but I definitely want to be included in the dinner plans. If needed, I can try to leave earlier, but since I'm not sure that I'm coming yet, don't make plans around me (not that I'm assuming you would :P )

Just so all are apprised, I have no formal plans for the day. Totally playing it by ear, so I would adore being everyone's guest for whatever is planned. Its but a two/three hour drive to my friend's aunt's house, and that can be done anytime.

Very much looking forward to this!

Sure wish I had the time to drive out and join ya'll ... this is exactly why I love road trips ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Traveled down the road and back again" ... Andrew Gold ... 'Thank You For Being A Friend'

:rolleyes: You live in Delaware...you ARE a Yankee :AH-HA_wink:

No sir! Delaware was a slave state and still has plantations you can visit. Southern Living magazine list Delaware as a Southern state. The only reason Delaware and Maryland voted to stay in the Union was, the day the state legislatures were to vote to leave the Union, Lincoln sent 40,000 troops to each state capital to ensure they voted his way. Without those troops being sent, Delaware, Maryland and even Kentucky would have sided with the South and not the North.

I live two miles from the Pennsylvania line, so I am two miles inside the South. I can see Yankee land and at times even smell it, but live there? Good Lord NO! :smilewide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_map-..._Historic_1.PNG

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

DAMN, that/s right, we didn't get to see the '38 Dodge. :cry:

No sir! Delaware was a slave state and still has plantations you can visit. Southern Living magazine list Delaware as a Southern state. The only reason Delaware and Maryland voted to stay in the Union was, the day the state legislatures were to vote to leave the Union, Lincoln sent 40,000 troops to each state capital to ensure they voted his way. Without those troops being sent, Delaware, Maryland and even Kentucky would have sided with the South and not the North.

I live two miles from the Pennsylvania line, so I am two miles inside the South. I can see Yankee land and at times even smell it, but live there? Good Lord NO! :smilewide:

Interesting... I never realized Delaware was considered a southern state...always thought of it as an east coast state, like New Jersey..

Sigh. I wish I could make it back down there but as it stands the $45 worth

of tolls me & SP paid was bad enough, nevermind the gas. Still at some

point I'd love to see that '38 Dodge, and see Balthazar's "Steel Harem" :wink:

I'll be starting vacation tomorrow, otherwise I'd go. I do however, wish everyone in attendance safe travels and a great time tomorrow. This guy will indeed be there in spirit. All you have to do is look for a 78-81 Malibu coupe or a 85-90 "Economy sized" :P Ninety Eight Regency sedan or even a guy with long sideburns, and you can think of me. :jump:

Remember Delaware is closed. You must go around it! :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Don't forget the guest of honor:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's 9:00am and I just got out of our Sat. morning meeting.

If $200 drops out of the sky in the next 10 min. I'll jump in

my big fuel-thirsty hardtop and still make it there for this

afternoon to hang out with you guys for a few. Or maybe if

I get real ballsy I'll just take the white diamond Escalade

EXT from the showroom and make the trip... yeah, that's it!

But seriously have fun guys. Hope Fly has a safe & exciting

roadtrip down the rest of the eastcoast. There's a silly little

souvenier in the glovebox for you from NY...

Well, it was truly a good time meeting some C&Gers for the first time today, and seeing some others once again. I wish I could have stayed longer damn it, had to leave at 4... (which turned into 4:25 because we were having such fun BSing), but it's all good, I hit the family reunion banquet a few minutes early.

Bon Voyage to Mr. Fly and his friend, may the wind be at your back (and face, with 4-60 air conditioning in the Large LeSabre). :AH-HA_wink:

I am sure some pictures will be posted as soon as these guys get to a computer after painting the town brown in that massive, sweet car.

Edited by ocnblu

I'm pretty sure Fly will not have any buyers remorse.

After all is said and done can you beleive that the kid

who owned that Buick spent like 4 months trying to

get $1000 for that car...? I think the biggest reason

that no one bought it was because they couldn't find

his damn house, it was nestled between a culdesack &

a cemetary in Fishing town in Massachusetts, about

3 miles away from Rockport Harbour & just down the

street from Glouster.

I'm pretty sure Fly will not have any buyers remorse.

After all is said and done can you beleive that the kid

who owned that Buick spent like 4 months trying to

get $1000 for that car...? I think the biggest reason

that no one bought it was because they couldn't find

his damn house, it was nestled between a culdesack &

a cemetary in Fishing town in Massachusetts, about

3 miles away from Rockport Harbour & just down the

street from Glouster.

....or maybe it was out of gas and wouldn't start.....

....or maybe it was out of gas and wouldn't start.....

Yeah, I heard about that. When SP and I got down to Berwyn and

realized we were close I threw in some premium at a convenience

store/ gas station (three gallons IIRC) but then I guess we did end

up driving for another 20 minutes in circles.

Between getting lost about three times on 76, 276, 476, 202 & 252

we must have burned off those few gallons. :ph34r:

---

I just got of the phone with FlyBrain who said the trip down to the

Sunshine State went well and the LeSabre is safe at its new home.

Now as far as the photos I took on Tuesday when we dropped off

the car at Caminos, here's a few interesting ones:

In the middle of Connecticut off I-84, just before midnight.

Posted Image

On the road somewhere in New Jersey... SpeedingPenguin wanted

me to take some photos of the Shelby Turbo in motion.

Posted Image

The LeSabre turned 74,444 so I decided to take a photo. :globe:

Posted Image

Safe & sound. I backed the large barge into Camino's garage at about 6:45am.

Posted Image

And finally the handoff of the keys:

(Camino on the left, me on the right)

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

My friend, she wants to see the land yacht, so I'm taking her out to lunch in a few. In the meantime, two quick pics to prove she made it down.

On final approach 20 miles from home - Downtown Tampa, Florida in sight off the I-4/I-275 (malfunction) junction.

Posted Image

Resting after a long journey - My father and my friend, Richie, with the LeSabre, dad's Bonneville, my Aurora, and Richie's 9-3.

Posted Image

Cool. Look at that the LeSabre gets to meet the toughest

Aurora ever made before I do... looks so trippy sitting

under a palm tree, used to reside under a giant pine tree

up here in Massachusetts.

BTW: I rolled ALL FOUR of the windows down on that big

old hardtop before I left Massachusetts and never rolled

them back up again. That car made the WHOLE journey

down to Penn as a four door hardtop should.

Attached are the pictures I took of the gathering (sorry, not many). Enjoy!

Me & the SKY made it home safe and sound around 10:45 PM (left Berwyn around 9:30ish). Camino, the road you told me to take - with all the twisties - was fun! I drove all the way home with the top down - at night it was beautiful (compared to the really hot day). Only thing I experienced was right past the lastr Philly exit (351) a Jeep Liberty about 3-4 car lenghts in front of me blew a tire going about 70 MPH. I never heard a tire blow on the turnpike (usually because the windows are up and the AC or heat's on), so it was interesting to say the least. At first I was like "what the hell was that sound", then realized the Jeep in front of me was fighting to stay straight. I then realized they lost a tire; they pulled over safely and had to deal with that crappy issue in the dark around 10:30 PM.

I had a great time Saturday night - seeing those I've met previously again, and meeting new people. Fly, I'm glad you and Richie made it home safely and I hpe the trip was an experience you'll remember forever.

post-418-1186440150_thumb.jpg

post-418-1186440219_thumb.jpg

post-418-1186440231_thumb.jpg

post-418-1186440286_thumb.jpg

Wow!

This last page of posts did my heart good!

Been a crappy day, so it was really nice to hear the good news that the LeSabre is safely in its new home.

All the pics are great (I think another set may be on the way :AH-HA_wink: ) and that everyone made it home in one piece.

Glad you enjoyed the ride home,GMTG. But how could you not in that amazing little roadster?

I'm even more glad that all of my "tweaking" held up on the LeSabre's long flight, Mr. Fly!

Its nice to grin at the end of a rough day. :thumbsup:

Ocn:

That truck looks so good parked next to the barn, that I think you should have left it there. :AH-HA_wink:

Camino, if you liked the one I already posted, attached are the other three that I took. :AH-HA_wink:

Ocn, I can't get your truck out of my head! It's one great looking truck. I actually wanted to go for a ride in it, but unfortunately you couldn't stay long enough for me to ask (and subsequently, you didn't get to take the SKY out like the others :P ). I'm seriously considering getting a Sierra next year even more now that I saw AND heard <great exhaust note man!> your truck (even though the Acadia is a more practical family hauler).

post-418-1186449113_thumb.jpg

post-418-1186449128_thumb.jpg

post-418-1186449140_thumb.jpg