Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Fly's Le Sabre Bon Voyage on Saturday

92 posts in this topic

Just wanted to get a grip on who all is going to be here on Saturady to see Fly off on his journey.

I don't know what we are going to be doing (after wasting a few hours checking out cars and talking cars). Going to have dinner somewhere has been suggested, which might be the best idea because it is going to be very hot and humid here according to the forecast.

Anyway, I wanted to warn the neighbors (I live on a shared driveway) about the cars that will be showing up, so please confirm that you are coming in this thread.

Should be a good time.

check

I am guessing that we will be back from the airport at about 1:30 or so.

Please, everyone who is coming, 15 MPH on the lane (driveway), its a big issue with the neighbors.

I'm guessing that a thorough inspection of the LeSabre, and the barn, will take us to 3:30 or so.

At that point, we could go across town and check out the '38 Dodge if everyone is game.

Then dinner?

If someone wanted to take me along, I'd be there. Either that or a distributor suddenly shows up on my doorstep. :P

I can't in good conscience cross the border into Yankee territory! :nono:

Oh come on, you yourself said that you have dinner at a restaurant here in Berwyn from time to time.

Excuses,excuses. :nono:

I still haven't talked to the wife yet, so I'll make it a priority Thursday to find out and let you know (she's sleeping now, and I learned it's not in my best interest to wake her up for a question like that!!!).

Again, I'll be in Macungie until 4 or 5 PM... I'm not sure how long it would take me to get to your place from there, but I definitely want to be included in the dinner plans. If needed, I can try to leave earlier, but since I'm not sure that I'm coming yet, don't make plans around me (not that I'm assuming you would :P )

Oh come on, you yourself said that you have dinner at a restaurant here in Berwyn from time to time.

Excuses,excuses. :nono:

Oh Berwyn? I thought you said Berlin! :P

Just so all are apprised, I have no formal plans for the day. Totally playing it by ear, so I would adore being everyone's guest for whatever is planned. Its but a two/three hour drive to my friend's aunt's house, and that can be done anytime.

Very much looking forward to this!

Sure wish I had the time to drive out and join ya'll ... this is exactly why I love road trips ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Traveled down the road and back again" ... Andrew Gold ... 'Thank You For Being A Friend'

I can't in good conscience cross the border into Yankee territory! :nono:

:rolleyes: You live in Delaware...you ARE a Yankee :AH-HA_wink:

:rolleyes: You live in Delaware...you ARE a Yankee :AH-HA_wink:

No sir! Delaware was a slave state and still has plantations you can visit. Southern Living magazine list Delaware as a Southern state. The only reason Delaware and Maryland voted to stay in the Union was, the day the state legislatures were to vote to leave the Union, Lincoln sent 40,000 troops to each state capital to ensure they voted his way. Without those troops being sent, Delaware, Maryland and even Kentucky would have sided with the South and not the North.

I live two miles from the Pennsylvania line, so I am two miles inside the South. I can see Yankee land and at times even smell it, but live there? Good Lord NO! :smilewide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_map-..._Historic_1.PNG

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

DAMN, that/s right, we didn't get to see the '38 Dodge. :cry:

No sir! Delaware was a slave state and still has plantations you can visit. Southern Living magazine list Delaware as a Southern state. The only reason Delaware and Maryland voted to stay in the Union was, the day the state legislatures were to vote to leave the Union, Lincoln sent 40,000 troops to each state capital to ensure they voted his way. Without those troops being sent, Delaware, Maryland and even Kentucky would have sided with the South and not the North.

I live two miles from the Pennsylvania line, so I am two miles inside the South. I can see Yankee land and at times even smell it, but live there? Good Lord NO! :smilewide:

Interesting... I never realized Delaware was considered a southern state...always thought of it as an east coast state, like New Jersey..

Interesting... I never realized Delaware was considered a southern state...always thought of it as an east coast state, like New Jersey..

Don't insult New Jersey like that....

Should be some lively discussion on saturday. :AH-HA_wink:

Count me in, I'll be there (sometime after 3-4PM maybe?)!!!

Sigh. I wish I could make it back down there but as it stands the $45 worth

of tolls me & SP paid was bad enough, nevermind the gas. Still at some

point I'd love to see that '38 Dodge, and see Balthazar's "Steel Harem" :wink:

Camino, do you have an "official" list of all the attendees?

I'll be starting vacation tomorrow, otherwise I'd go. I do however, wish everyone in attendance safe travels and a great time tomorrow. This guy will indeed be there in spirit. All you have to do is look for a 78-81 Malibu coupe or a 85-90 "Economy sized" :P Ninety Eight Regency sedan or even a guy with long sideburns, and you can think of me. :jump:

Remember Delaware is closed. You must go around it! :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Camino, do you have an "official" list of all the attendees?

As of now:

Me

Fly and friend

GMCTruckGuy74

Oldsmoboi

Ocnblu

B&Blandscaper

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0