Chrysler, Honda announce auto recalls

WASHINGTON - Chrysler LLC said Friday it would recall nearly 300,000 sport utility vehicles to address potential braking problems while driving uphill.

In a separate move, Honda Motor Co. said it was recalling more than 180,000 Civics from the 2006-2007 model year to fix a wheel-bearing seal that could leak and lead to a wheel falling off the car.

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20777346/

Sorta gives new meaning to driving the wheels off your Civic. :lol: Seriously, I feel badly for those people who's wheels have fallen off their car while driving. That has to be a scary experience. Maybe they should have bought a Cobalt after all?

Hmmm, from reviewing your post, I bet you would like to rent my house while I'm gone. I'm only 15 minutes from Camino! :smilewide:

I'd never pound you PCS. I would, however, tie you to the passenger seat of my G8 or Ute and make you ride cross country in it. :lol:

:lol: I'm not afraid. This 6'6" plowboy has taken hits from tougher guys than you. :P

Seriously, gonna miss the banter with you on here when you head across the pond.

Tall doesn't mean strong plowboy (<----Hmmmm, Oh the images of plowboy dancing through my head :P), perhaps when you see my pipes, you will change ur mind! I look forward to our meeting some day. :AH-HA_wink:

Tall doesn't mean strong plowboy (<----Hmmmm, Oh the images of plowboy dancing through my head :P), perhaps when you see my pipes, you will change ur mind! I look forward to our meeting some day. :AH-HA_wink:

Oh, I am sure you do PCS. I am sure you do. :lol:

Sorta gives new meaning to driving the wheels off your Civic. :lol: Seriously, I feel badly for those people who's wheels have fallen off their car while driving. That has to be a scary experience.

Strangely coincidental, I just saw a new Ford fullsize clubcab do exactly the same thing. Brand new truck sitting on the driver's rear brake, the wheel had rolled through an intersection and took out a Honda!

Screwy brakes on a Chrysler product is nothing new, nor surprising. But wheels falling off of Hondas? That's news!

A former boss of mine had the factory tires on his RSX come off like 3-4 times before. He said his tire came off, it may have been the wheel or the seal b/t the tire and wheel may have broken loose somehow.

Strangely coincidental, I just saw a new Ford fullsize clubcab do exactly the same thing. Brand new truck sitting on the driver's rear brake, the wheel had rolled through an intersection and took out a Honda!

Maybe the Ford was getting the Honda back for when a Honda's wheel fell off and took out a Ford? :lol: