Chysler to Buy Jaquar??

6t5frlane

Technically, Cerebus wants to buy Jaguar and Landrover from Ford.

I think they have enough on their plate without taking on those two albatrosses.

But... if the next XJ were built on the LY platform, what a bastardized mess that would be.

They need to fix Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep first before they should consider anything else. Dodge has a lot of gaping holes in its lineup (no compact passenger car or compact crossover SUV, etc.), Chrysler needs to stop messing around with plain models and LX trims and reclaim its prestigious status, Jeep needs to focus on the best, the legendary off-road capable truck-based SUV's (ditching those abominations Compass and Patriot would be a good start, then replace Commander with a good design and larger vehicle), and Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep all need exterior styling and good interior design fixings NOW!!!!

They do not need a couple of good old prestigious British makes that will drag them into debt. Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep need to be fixed, plugged in, and doing well before they go chase anything risky, or rather, anything at all.

I have a migrane coming on.... :blink:

This is one of the last things that needs to happen.

Chrysler needs to fix itself as a company first, and then of course simultaneously fix it's brands. Chrysler to move upmarket, Dodge to gain more proper models and be an attractive mainstream marque (especially now with Plymouth gone) and Jeep to get rid of the abominations, and also, move upmarket a bit itself. The Jeep name is legendary and could well compete with Land Rover on some levels.

*See Above... I Agree*

Edited by MyerShift

This is one of the last things that needs to happen.

Chrysler needs to fix itself as a company first, and then of course simultaneously fix it's brands. Chrysler to move upmarket, Dodge to gain more proper models and be an attractive mainstream marque (especially now with Plymouth gone) and Jeep to get rid of the abominations, and also, move upmarket a bit itself. The Jeep name is legendary and could well compete with Land Rover on some levels.

*See Above... I Agree*

I totally agree. You would think that Cerberus would have their hands full with fixing Chrysler LLC. Why in the world would they want to take on anything else when the core business needs so much attention right now?

I also agree with you about the brand repositioning:

* Dodge needs to become a mainstream player with an enlarged portfolio much like Toyota or Chevrolet. I think they could still mix in sporty styling so that they offer something a little more unique from some of their competitors' more mundane offerings. I would definitely like to see them offer more derivatives on their compact front drive platform (sedan, hatchback, coupe, convertible) to counter Scion and other competitors.

* Jeep needs to return to their roots as a niche off road brand. The front drive vehicles need to go and the rest of the lineup needs to be refocused.

* Chrysler could be a serious near luxury competitor if they fix their problems and were properly repositioned. I don't know if they would ever be able to seriously compete in the luxury market, but they need to move their image beyond rebadged Dodge alternatives.

I would also change the dealer configurations. Dodge could be a stand alone dealership if needed since it would be a full scale mainstream brand. Chrysler and Jeep could be made into a combo deal since they would both offer upscale niche vehicles. I could also see combined Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealerships in smaller markets.

i think they should do it. the market is already too crowded as it is so losing Chrysler, Dodge, jeep, Jaguar and Land Rover when Cerberus goes bankrupt would help thin things out a bit.

That's the most ignorant statement I've heard in some time, to put it nicely.

Oh, and I agree with what MyShift said.

Edited by Dodgefan

Why buy Jaguar when for a handful of dollars you can buy the Jensen brand, rebody the LX cars keeping the Chrysler V8s and awd system, and everyone will rave about how you are upholding venerated Jensen traditions.

Of course if they do buy Jaguar they can still use all that old ChryslerDaimler letter head and sell the Imperial for more money as a Daimler (and take over from Ford licencing the Daimler name to the Germans). Mwahahaha.

Why buy Jaguar when for a handful of dollars you can buy the Jensen brand, rebody the LX cars keeping the Chrysler V8s and awd system, and everyone will rave about how you are upholding venerated Jensen traditions.

Of course if they do buy Jaguar they can still use all that old ChryslerDaimler letter head and sell the Imperial for more money as a Daimler (and take over from Ford licencing the Daimler name to the Germans). Mwahahaha.

That's so crazy... it just might work!! :lol: :lol:

MyerShift is a POST THIEF!!!!!! But its nice we think alike, I totally agree with you there! :lol:

MyerShift is a POST THIEF!!!!!! But its nice we think alike, I totally agree with you there! :lol:

lol. Thanks, but I do agree with you. It makes so much sense.

Great minds think alike! :D