Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Preproduction G8 spotted in dealership in Cambridge?

She may have seen one. We had one at work about two weeks ago.

We had the Yellow Bumble Bee Transformer 09 Camaro on display for 3 days and when the Reliable truck came to pick it up on board there was a a Red G8 production car. I think it was the same one from Woodward.

We did have a few lucky people that got to ride around the parking lot in the Camaro.

Posted Image

Rear shot in Reliable truck

Posted Image

Under side of G8 mid section

Posted Image

Camaro loading on same truck

Posted Image

G8 underside front

Posted Image

G8 underside rear

Comparing the GTO based Camaro and the G8 underside they were very similar. The GM rep said that the Camaro will differ much more and will be a true Zeta vs an updated old Holden. I assume he ment that this Zeta lite is going to change when ever Pontiac move it to Canada? He said that this car really was more an updated improved platform than new.

He stated if the G8 was the new Zeta the Camaro would have been ready to build sooner than it than fall of 08.

Posted Image

Edited by hyperv6

Not Pontiac but here are some just for fun

Two boys looking for Bumble Bee folded under the car

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Camaro under power

Posted Image

Per Scott Settlemire of GM this is the first photo of all 5 gens lined up in one shot at the same time.

Edited by hyperv6

How come this one has the concept emblem?

If I recall it was an emblem with the red center but in the picture it looks silver with the flash of the camera.

I think if you look back at the pics of the car at Woodward it has the red emblem and I think this was the same car.

• 1 month later...

That's right OCNBLU - The first pic shows a Ford Falcon 4.0L Ute and in the second pic it's a Holden Rodeo Dual cab/Isuzu.

I couldn't tell if it was the LT version.

Here is Holden's GMT355 video, their engine choices outclass ours, sad but true. Takes a minute to load!

http://www.holdencampaign.com.au/rodeoLanding/video.html

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I couldn't tell if it was the LT version.

Here is Holden's GMT355 video, their engine choices outclass ours, sad but true. Takes a minute to load!

http://www.holdencampaign.com.au/rodeoLanding/video.html

Once again, Holden kicks GM NAs a@@. That would have made for a differentiated GMC Canyon rather than what arrived at dealerships.