Pics and Vid: NOS' Cobalt

Well, here are some pics of my latest mods... Basically, I put on black projectors a few weeks ago, painted the SS badges on the side, did a $h!ty job painting the front bowtie, cut the stock antenna down, and today I got a dual outlet exhaust installed.

Projectors and painted badges:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Exhaust cut-out (not perfect, but I still like it):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

How she looked stock:

Posted Image

How she looks today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a quick video of how she sounds... idle and rev:

Video doesn't really do it justice, as expected. It's quieter and a throatier than perceived through my camera. It's not very loud at idle and still not extremely loud at all at WOT, but I actually love the sound of it. It's got two Magnaflow mufflers and 4" stainless tips.

Um well, the rear cove is the area surrounding your taillights, across the decklid using the bumper cover cut line as it meets the decklid as the top of the paint line, and stopping at the line where the decklid turns under, about an inch above the bumper, extend out into the bumper, following the contour up and around to meet the top.. sort of like a second-gen Corvair with its contrasting cove, and the SS Concept sedan. I've always wanted to see a Cobalt cove painted like that... sort of a "bandit mask" look. Lots of sporty cars have used this effect over the years... Mustang Boss 302 is another (and I've seen it done to some new Mustangs). Some Camaros and I think Chevelles have been painted that way, too from the factory. Try photoshopping a pic of your car the way I described and post it, if you get a chance.

Oh yeah, there's a TON of stuff you can do to these Ecotec engines and cars themselves.

Sounds good, Brett. Hey, while we're at it, I'll have to race you and show you what the back bumper of a Chevrolet looks like! :AH-HA_wink:

Yep, love my Eco..too bad it's in a Cavalier..though I saw one with the S/C on it a few weeks ago...quite fast, I tell ya...

Very nice NOS...but didn't you put different wheels on it?

I think those had to leave when he had an unfriendly encounter with a curb. :D

Oh yeah, there's a TON of stuff you can do to these Ecotec engines and cars themselves.

Sounds good, Brett. Hey, while we're at it, I'll have to race you and show you what the back bumper of a Chevrolet looks like! :AH-HA_wink:

Maaan, I hope those new headlights aren't real bright. It would really annoy me having them reflect off my mirrors the whole race! :firebird:

I hope you ported out that blower! I think I'm going with some long tube headers and a dyno tune pretty soon, and I have a feeling that some drag radials will be showing up around x mas time! :metal:

I think those had to leave when he had an unfriendly encounter with a curb. :D

Pretty much...

I hope you ported out that blower! I think I'm going with some long tube headers and a dyno tune pretty soon, and I have a feeling that some drag radials will be showing up around x mas time! :metal:

Hmm, tomorrow we'll be doing the following:
  • Port blower
  • 2.8" Pulley (stock is 3.3 and the limit is 2.5)
  • 60 lb injectors
  • Tune
  • Spark plugs
  • Belt
  • Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel (12.5 lbs lighter than stock)
  • Stage IV Bully Clutch
Edited by NOS2006

Pretty much...

• Port blower
  • 60 lb injectors
  • Tune
  • Spark plugs
  • Belt
  • Stage IV Bully Clutch

So let's here the curb story :P

How much of a gain do you expect and don't you need to get a tune after all this stuff you're doing?

Pretty much...

• Port blower
  • 60 lb injectors
  • Tune
  • Spark plugs
  • Belt
  • Stage IV Bully Clutch
So...where on your list is the V8/rwd swap?