2008 SX4 Sedan at the Georgian College Autoshow

I don't care for the sedan...it looks too stubby and tall like most small cars...but as a hatch I think it looks pretty good.

I guess that's why they make so many flavors. I prefer the styling of the sedan to the "stubby" hatchback.

Here's the last new car event I attended...and the SX4 was there as well:

http://www.carspace.com/hudsonthedog/Albums/2007IMPATestDay/

there was a SX4 hatchback parked outside my office this morning, and i have to say it's pretty neat! small hatchback with some SUV styling cues works well here. the sedan, on the opther hand, suffers from an odd rear-end look.

there was a SX4 hatchback parked outside my office this morning, and i have to say it's pretty neat! small hatchback with some SUV styling cues works well here. the sedan, on the opther hand, suffers from an odd rear-end look.

I have just the opposite reaction. I think the rear end of the hatchback is far more "odd" than the sedan, which I think is particularly attractive.

Not a fan of tall, stubby sedans either. I know they're all about getting the most interior / trunk space, but I miss the days when compact sedans used to look good proportionally. I'd give up a few cubic feet of trunk space and interior room for something that didn't look so goofy.

As for hatchbacks, I like them more than these compact sedans because they look a little more "normal" without stubby trunks and goofy notchback rear ends.

Not a fan of tall, stubby sedans either. I know they're all about getting the most interior / trunk space, but I miss the days when compact sedans used to look good proportionally. I'd give up a few cubic feet of trunk space and interior room for something that didn't look so goofy.

As for hatchbacks, I like them more than these compact sedans because they look a little more "normal" without stubby trunks and goofy notchback rear ends.

I can understand that opinion. No problems here.

I, personally, prefer small cars to NOT look like small big cars. I don't mind it when small cars have different proportions than their larger siblings. When the domestics started making small cars, they were simply downsized large cars instead of clean-sheet designs. I like the SX4 sedan on its own merits. I also like the proportions of the Suzuki Verona...which I find very attractive.

The AWD feature is awesome or a small car...is it available in the sedan?

AWD is standard, which is what makes it so crazy that it does not outsell

the $h!ty Corolla & Civic about 20:1.