Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

Sketch Competition #21 - (Kappa Deux, Part II) Voting

23 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Sketch Competition #21 Voting thread!

Remember, artists who entered must vote for someone other than themselves. Those that do not vote or vote for themselves will be asessed a two (2) point penalty.

Voters, please nominate four (4) entries in this format:
1st place
2nd place
3rd place
4th place

Each first place vote earns 4 points, each second place vote 3 points, each third place vote 2 points, and each fourth place vote 1 point.

Voting begins now and will end Tuesday, October 16, 2007 @ 11:59PM. Only those votes cast during that time will be counted.

Remember, the 1st place winner will recieve a special GM-related prize from Cheers and Gears!

1 - Cadillac ALR
Posted Image

2 - HUMMER H4
Posted Image

3 - Buick Silver Arrow
Posted Image

4 - Cadillac
Posted Image

5 - Cadillac BLR
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

6 - Buick Skylark
Posted Image
Posted Image

7 - Chevrolet Monza
Posted Image
Posted Image

8 - SAAB Sonnet
Posted Image
Posted Image

9 - Buick Wildcat
Posted Image
Posted Image

10 - Chevrolet Corvair

Posted Image

11 - Holden GTRX

Posted Image

12 - Chevrolet AggreSSor

Posted Image

Posted Image

13 - Holden Arvo

Posted Image

Posted Image

14 - Oldsmobile Astraea

Posted Image

VOTE----------------VOTE----VOTEVOTE-----VOTEVOTEVOTE---VOTEVOTEVOTE--

-VOTE--------------VOTE---VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTEVOTEVOTE---

--VOTE------------VOTE----VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTE----------------

---VOTE----------VOTE-----VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTE----------------

-----VOTE--------VOTE------VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTEVOTEVOTE----

------VOTE------VOTE-------VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTEVOTEVOTE----

------VOTE----VOTE--------VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTE----------------

-------VOTE--VOTE---------VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTE----------------

---------VOTEVOTE----------VOTE----VOTE---------VOTE---------VOTEVOTEVOTE---

------------VOTE----------------VOTEVOTE-----------VOTE----------VOTEVOTEVOTE--

:CG_all: Good luck to all who entered!

Explanatory Note: I am judging by design, and by design only. As I have said with my own Silver Arrrow (I couldn't think of a better name), I don't really think it'd be wise to spread the Kappa to other divisions if it is going to still be a two-seat roadster. However, I would love GM to make a coupe or even a small sedan on the Kappa at some point.

1. [8] Saab Sonnet - Has me wondering why I didn't do this. I love the mix of the III with the Aero X-inspired nose. A bit of a messy rendering, but great style. I would love to see a more refined version of this.

2. (10) Chevrolt Corvair - Wrong name, but good rendering. Proportions resemble old Opel Manta, but I'm not to fond of the boxiness and odd angles. Still very imaginative.

3. (4) Cadillac ? - Good, although I would like to see more angles. Has the current Cadillac look (sharp edges but with curves). I like this best of the three Caddies, because the ALR is a bit too much like a baby XLR and the BLR is a bit too sharp compared to the revised look being used now.

4. (7) Chevrolet Monza - Love that look, reminds me of the Dodge Demon. I also like the shark Corvette-inspired taillights. I do think that the side is a bit bland, but the attitude makes up for it.

Honorable mentions:

Holden GTRX: A brillinat rendering, but I'm not a fan of the Mad Max-look. It looks like an 80's concept car based on the IROC. That, unfortunately, is not a positive thing in my eyes.

So, you just decided to pick all of the Cadillacs? Any reason why?

Edited by Argen

It's a crying shame mxpx didn't make his sketch for the last competition. It was quite awesome in my eyes.

One-view entries are still qualified, they just get penalized at the end.

OK, so, voting's over... are the results going to be posted?